PDA

View Full Version : Left Field Lounge Prices

BigDawg81
03-17-2024, 12:23 PM
The rumor on Twitter that prices are going up to $8500. If true, I think the attendance will drop significantly.
https://twitter.com/HailStateClub47/status/1769385930454921444

Cowbell
03-17-2024, 12:32 PM
The rumor on Twitter that prices are going up to $8500. If true, I think the attendance will drop significantly.

How? Every one of those spots will get filled.

Coach34
03-17-2024, 12:40 PM
There is a waiting list a mile long for one of those spots. $8500 is nothing. They will fill in for those who drop out within 15 minutes

Cowbell
03-17-2024, 12:50 PM
There is a waiting list a mile long for one of those spots. $8500 is nothing. They will fill in for those who drop out within 15 minutes

Yep and I guarantee you that no more than 2-3 will drop out

KOdawg1
03-17-2024, 12:55 PM
Ehh pay up. The price that people have been paying was relatively cheap, all things considering. $8500 might be a little steep, but if you love socializing and hanging out that much, you'll make it happen

viverlibre
03-17-2024, 01:26 PM
I'll jump on one for $8500, in a second!

Roy Munson
03-17-2024, 01:33 PM

They?d be sold out at $15,000 in 15 min. I?d stroke a check for 15k in a heartbeat.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-17-2024, 02:12 PM
Yep need to recover revenues Cohen spent on construction

Roy Munson
03-17-2024, 02:26 PM
You can blame Cohen for a lot of things, but the dude ain?t one of them. It would probably cost us 2.5 times today to build the dude. Now we?ve got a stadium for the next 50 years. Also, I think the lounges are currently like $2500. That?s incredibly cheap.

Churchill
03-17-2024, 03:15 PM
Why not put them up for bids and let the market set the price ?

Roy Munson
03-17-2024, 03:23 PM
Nah. They?d all be bought up by corporate and there would be nobody in them. Not to mention I think the original folks should have first shot as long as they want them. Baseball and basketball are dependent on locals. One of the reasons the hump struggles to fill up is because a lot of those folks got pushed out years ago.

Mjoelner34
03-17-2024, 03:54 PM
Nah. They?d all be bought up by corporate and there would be nobody in them. Not to mention I think the original folks should have first shot as long as they want them. Baseball and basketball are dependent on locals. One of the reasons the hump struggles to fill up is because a lot of those folks got pushed out years ago.

This

Leeshouldveflanked
03-17-2024, 04:14 PM
Selmon doing work. Next item after Lounge Pricing is moving Faculty-Staff to nose bleeds

schddog72
03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
You can blame Cohen for a lot of things, but the dude ain?t one of them. It would probably cost us 2.5 times today to build the dude. Now we?ve got a stadium for the next 50 years. Also, I think the lounges are currently like $2500. That?s incredibly cheap.

I will never EVER forgive Choenz for running off Vic Schaeffer!! Best coach we've ever had on campus, and I believe he would have stayed had not Cohenz and his left wingnut wackadoodle wife not run Vic out of town.

Pancho
03-17-2024, 09:13 PM
be careful of the safe spacers*******

Lord McBuckethead
03-17-2024, 10:50 PM
I will take one of their spots for 10k right now for next season.

Lord McBuckethead
03-17-2024, 10:51 PM
Faculty /Staff tickets should only be allowed to be used with a faculty ID and it has to match the ticket. And they need to be moved to the worst spots in the stadium.

louisvilledawg
03-19-2024, 08:55 AM
Football suites are what, like $30,000? Scoreboard club is like $1,800/person.

High time for baseball to catch up.

We lose money on baseball each year but have the most support. Time to recoup some of that. I think they should increase LFL to at least $20k as well as an increase to chairbacks after the 10-year rights are up. Plenty of people with money that would pay to have baseball tickets.

Homedawg
03-19-2024, 10:57 AM

Can't argue that's cheap. As are the chairbacks. Now 15k w year is way too high.

Homedawg
03-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Football suites are what, like $30,000? Scoreboard club is like $1,800/person.

High time for baseball to catch up.

We lose money on baseball each year but have the most support. Time to recoup some of that. I think they should increase LFL to at least $20k as well as an increase to chairbacks after the 10-year rights are up. Plenty of people with money that would pay to have baseball tickets.

So you gonna raise the chairbacks to 2500 each per year??

Roy Munson
03-19-2024, 11:16 AM
I think the only thing with baseball pricing wise that?s a little bit wonky is LFL. They?ve had a pretty low point, and it?s time to up that. Everything else is priced pretty fair.

Homedawg
03-19-2024, 11:22 AM
I think the only thing with baseball pricing wise that?s a little bit wonky is LFL. They?ve had a pretty low point, and it?s time to up that. Everything else is priced pretty fair.

Chairbacks essentially cost 150 a seat plus tickets. Lounge is 2500 for 10 people in a reg sized rig is 250 per person plus tickets. Not sure how one should go up and not the other

Saltydog
03-19-2024, 11:29 AM
So the LFL'ers should stop handing out so much food so they can cover next years increase.

Roy Munson
03-19-2024, 11:33 AM
I?m sure everything will go up slightly at some point. I was more talking about your ?club level? type spaces, not regular chairbacks. I consider LFL a club level type product. Omaha, triple crown, LFL, etc. out of all of those, LFL is dirt cheap. The others are priced pretty fair and will likely get a bump up as all tickets do.

Homedawg
03-19-2024, 11:40 AM
I?m sure everything will go up slightly at some point. I was more talking about your ?club level? type spaces, not regular chairbacks. I consider LFL a club level type product. Omaha, triple crown, LFL, etc. out of all of those, LFL is dirt cheap. The others are priced pretty fair and will likely get a bump up as all tickets do.

Not arguing but all the premium appt you compared them to are provided food w then as part of the ticket. They all are going up and should. But one shouldn't go up 1000%

Roy Munson
03-19-2024, 11:59 AM
Tell you what, you can have my Omahas, triple crowns and chairbacks, and I?ll take your LFL spot and pay the $8500. Deal?

Jarius
03-19-2024, 12:03 PM
Ehh pay up. The price that people have been paying was relatively cheap, all things considering. $8500 might be a little steep, but if you love socializing and hanging out that much, you'll make it happen

8500 is about half what it should be. It’s not going up nearly enough if that price is accurate. The fact that these people feel entitled to sit in the most premium spots at Mississippi State for peanuts is infuriating.

SPDawgs
03-19-2024, 12:04 PM
Selmon came out himself on twitter Sunday and said that these rumors were a lie.

Jarius
03-19-2024, 12:04 PM
Not arguing but all the premium appt you compared them to are provided food w then as part of the ticket. They all are going up and should. But one shouldn't go up 1000%

They should because they should never been that cheap to start with.

Jarius
03-19-2024, 12:06 PM

The hump struggles because our fanbase doesn’t care about basketball unless it’s winning big. There’s no major issue with the Hump right now and won’t be so long as we keep winning. Baseball has filled up the past 2 years with the worst team in the league. It’s not the same.

Homedawg
03-19-2024, 12:08 PM
Tell you what, you can have my Omahas, triple crowns and chairbacks, and I?ll take your LFL spot and pay the $8500. Deal?

I have chairbacks. Don't want the other two. I'm just saying they all need to go up.

Homedawg
03-19-2024, 12:10 PM

Won't argue. And you can say that for the chairbacks as well.

Roy Munson
03-19-2024, 12:15 PM
Easy there turbo. Sounds like somebody regrets not committing for 10 years. It wasn?t an apples to apples comparison. But a Wednesday night in November for basketball has as many or more than a Wednesday night in March against Alcorn for baseball. And weekends certainly arent apples to apples between the two as you get 3 baseball games vs a 2 hour basketball game.

Basketball has basically been in purgatory for 2 decades, we just won a national championship a few years ago in baseball and have been good for 50 years.

Jarius
03-19-2024, 12:26 PM
Easy there turbo. Sounds like somebody regrets not committing for 10 years. It wasn?t an apples to apples comparison. But a Wednesday night in November for basketball has as many or more than a Wednesday night in March against Alcorn for baseball. And weekends certainly arent apples to apples between the two as you get 3 baseball games vs a 2 hour basketball game.

Basketball has basically been in purgatory for 2 decades, we just won a national championship a few years ago in baseball and have been good for 50 years.

I don’t regret anything. I don’t want LFL seats or season tickets for baseball. I want a sport that loses money and has the best facilities to start paying for itself by people getting charged what the demand is for tickets. I don’t care if Hugh freeze is sitting in the lounge with midget strippers from the Pony, so long as he pays the market rate.

Johnson85
03-19-2024, 12:29 PM

They probably shoudn't have been that cheap but there is also value to having a crowd on a Wednesday night game. No idea of how to strike the right balance.

Do many LFL areas sit empty on midweek games? I'd be fine with upping the price provided that people that buy them and then don't fill them get penalized, but that'd be a headache to administer and then there is the challenge of telling somebody paying you 5 figures a year that you are unhappy with how they use the seats they paid for.

deltadawg63
03-19-2024, 01:32 PM
Faculty /Staff tickets should only be allowed to be used with a faculty ID and it has to match the ticket. And they need to be moved to the worst spots in the stadium.

I don't have a problem with the current location if THEY attend but the optics have been atrocious for years!

TheLostDawg
03-19-2024, 09:24 PM
Selmon doing work. Next item after Lounge Pricing is moving Faculty-Staff to nose bleeds

This again and again

TheLostDawg
03-19-2024, 09:26 PM

Agree. The free ride should be over. If you want tickets then pay like the rest. You want a discount then take the cheap seats and move to free seats that aren't filled later if you want

TheLostDawg
03-19-2024, 09:32 PM
I don't have a problem with the current location if THEY attend but the optics have been atrocious for years!

Let them sit there if they pay like the rest of us with cost plus donations at the very least. Bonus would be at least one person in the group provide a campus ID

KOdawg1
03-19-2024, 10:02 PM
8500 is about half what it should be. It’s not going up nearly enough if that price is accurate. The fact that these people feel entitled to sit in the most premium spots at Mississippi State for peanuts is infuriating.

Maybe the bus driver was right and we have some "spoiled" fans

StarkVegasSteve
03-20-2024, 10:02 AM
As much as I bag on the folks out in the LFL, we do not need to price them out. If you do that it will be bought out by corporations or people who could less give a rip and all they truly out there for is to be seen, i.e. Baseball Grove. Right now that's probably 30% of the people out there. If you price them too high it will be 60-70% of the crowd.

Also, most of those types of people do not want to fool with grilling and that is part of the aura of the LFL. You would also lose that

viverlibre
03-20-2024, 10:12 AM
As much as I bag on the folks out in the LFL, we do not need to price them out. If you do that it will be bought out by corporations or people who could less give a rip and all they truly out there for is to be seen, i.e. Baseball Grove. Right now that's probably 30% of the people out there. If you price them too high it will be 60-70% of the crowd.

Also, most of those types of people do not want to fool with grilling and that is part of the aura of the LFL. You would also lose that

I certainly don't think $8,500/year is pricing fans out, I'd gladly write a check for that and likely hundreds of other fans would too.

StarkVegasSteve
03-20-2024, 10:21 AM
I certainly don't think $8,500/year is pricing fans out, I'd gladly write a check for that and likely hundreds of other fans would too.

Yea I don't think $8500/year is pricing fans out. I was talking about the folks saying we needed to charge $15,000/year. $8500/year split between 8-10 people is what most people pay for 4 seats in football anyways after seat donations.

Jarius
03-20-2024, 11:37 AM

Baseball is a niche sport that loses money. I don’t give a shit if it loses some charm. When it stops losing money it can worry about that.

confucius say
03-20-2024, 12:59 PM
Chairbacks essentially cost 150 a seat plus tickets. Lounge is 2500 for 10 people in a reg sized rig is 250 per person plus tickets. Not sure how one should go up and not the other

My chairback is 180 a year not including ticket. Cheap. 1800 for 10 years.

I could see raising lounge without chairback though because I think the lounge would be more coveted. Maybe not.

I'd increase chairback to 225 or 250 yearly and the lounge to 5k.

Homedawg
03-20-2024, 01:00 PM
My chairback is 180 a year not including ticket. Cheap. 1800 for 10 years.

I could see raising lounge without chairback though because I think the lounge would be more coveted. Maybe not.

I'd increase chairback to 225 or 250 yearly and the lounge to 5k.

If you paid it up front it was 1500. So avg out to 150 per. There's no way the chairbacks should be that cheap either. As I said I have some. What's the correct number idk.

Johnson85
03-20-2024, 03:19 PM
If you paid it up front it was 1500. So avg out to 150 per. There's no way the chairbacks should be that cheap either. As I said I have some. What's the correct number idk.

That is probably too cheap compared to demand, but I assume that number was tied to the price of building it, so we basically got guaranteed payments (or upfront payments) to match the cost of debt service (or the value of avoiding debt).

We could have just priced them by year but if we had suddenly looked like 2022 and 2023 without the good year in 2019 and national championship first, we might would have had trouble selling them.

Goldendawg
03-20-2024, 04:03 PM
With the interest and love of all things MSU baseball, shouldn't it break even or make a little $? Does the payoff of the Dude prevent this or has it ever made $ in past years? Heck, on paper the corrupt NCAA only allows you to pay for 11.7 scholarships for the entire roster, a joke.

MedDawg
03-20-2024, 06:15 PM
$1,500 per chairback seemed like a lot in 2015 before it was built. That's probably why the last chairback season tickets weren't sold until two weeks before the first game. There was no waiting list before right before the New Dude opened. Everyone had their shot. If more had made the commitment, more chairbacks would have been built.

Of course, fans' circumstances change. Maybe they had babies in 2015 and couldn't spend the money then, but could take the family now.

$1,500 might not sound like much now but it was a lot to ask just for a regular seat. Many fans resisted paying $1,500 per seat until they saw how great the stadium turned out. Only then did the waiting list start.

Todd4State
03-20-2024, 07:41 PM
Baseball is a niche sport that loses money. I don’t give a shit if it loses some charm. When it stops losing money it can worry about that.

It will make money when the seat licenses expire in a few years. So I guess you can start giving a shit.

Todd4State
03-20-2024, 07:45 PM
With the interest and love of all things MSU baseball, shouldn't it break even or make a little $? Does the payoff of the Dude prevent this or has it ever made $ in past years? Heck, on paper the corrupt NCAA only allows you to pay for 11.7 scholarships for the entire roster, a joke.

As much exposure as MSU gets for baseball I guarantee you the university profits whether they report it as such or not on paper.

As I understand it the "loss" is due to seat licenses being locked in at a certain price. But as I said that will change soon so it's a nothing burger.

The Robbie Faulk's of the world like to talk about MSU baseball losing money but it lacks context.

Bass Chaser
03-20-2024, 08:57 PM
As much exposure as MSU gets for baseball I guarantee you the university profits whether they report it as such or not on paper.

As I understand it the "loss" is due to seat licenses being locked in at a certain price. But as I said that will change soon so it's a nothing burger.

The Robbie Faulk's of the world like to talk about MSU baseball losing money but it lacks context.

So you think baseball is a profitable sport?

Coach34
03-20-2024, 09:09 PM
So you think baseball is a profitable sport?

At Miss State it has been and can be. We have undersold the LFL for 30 years. It's time to update. I have lots of friends in the OF and I know they want me to stfu. But seriously- LFL spots should begin at least about 5K in 2000. Much less now. You wouldnt even have to bring in corporations at $7500- the spots would be gobbled up quickly. My group of friends would grab one at 10K 10 minutes after it became available.

BrunswickDawg
03-20-2024, 09:21 PM
At Miss State it has been and can be. We have undersold the LFL for 30 years. It's time to update. I have lots of friends in the OF and I know they want me to stfu. But seriously- LFL spots should begin at least about 5K in 2000. Much less now. You wouldnt even have to bring in corporations at $7500- the spots would be gobbled up quickly. My group of friends would grab one at 10K 10 minutes after it became available.

And the atmosphere we have is the envy of the SEC. Period. And, unless you live out of state you don't understand how much MSU is recognized for baseball and Dak. That's it. Baseball. Dak. Like it or not, baseball is the most recognized sport for MSU, and no money invested in it is a waste. Could we benefit more from having a legacy and name recognition from football? No doubt. But we WIN in baseball and people understand that.

Coach34
03-20-2024, 09:34 PM
And the atmosphere we have is the envy of the SEC. Period. And, unless you live out of state you don't understand how much MSU is recognized for baseball and Dak. That's it. Baseball. Dak. Like it or not, baseball is the most recognized sport for MSU, and no money invested in it is a waste. Could we benefit more from having a legacy and name recognition from football? No doubt. But we WIN in baseball and people understand that.

yep

MedDawg
03-21-2024, 09:25 AM
Our fans spend more on baseball than basketball. Basketball makes more money because of the SEC allocation.

99jc
03-21-2024, 11:10 AM
I tried to get a loft there is a list ten miles long.