PDA

View Full Version : I can end the scheduling debate in one post.......

Goat Holder
12-08-2013, 04:13 PM
If you want to schedule lightly, either you must be rebuilding, or you have to actually beat someone on the schedule. End of story.

Nobody would have given a shit about our cream-puff OOC schedule in 2011 had we beaten Auburn and/or LSU.

Nobody would have given a shit about our cream-puff OOC schedule in 2012 had we beaten Ole Miss and/or LSU.

Nobody actually did give a shit in 2010 when we played a cream-puff OOC schedule. Because we beat Georgia and Florida, two bowl teams. We'd have been alright with just one of those.

We've already talked ad nauseum about why we should or shouldn't play a tough OOC schedule while being in the SEC. Bottom line, by NOT playing an SEC schedule, you're attempting to develop your team further in the hopes that you can concentrate your efforts toward the bigger opponents you play. Sure, you want easy wins too, but what I just stated is the MAIN reason behind doing it. Therefore, if you DO beat one of those teams, EVERYONE is happy. See Texas A&M:

2012, they played a shit OOC, but beat Alabama. Nobody talks about their schedule. Same thing in 2013, even though they finished 8-4. They still beat some bowl teams in there. Nobody is bitching about their schedule.

The bitching starts when you literally ONLY beat shitty opponents.

The end. Had we not played Oklahoma State this year and gotten an easy win, people would not be bitching.....mainly because we had beaten Ole Miss. Had we LOST to Ole Miss and still gone bowling....our fans would for sure be bitching (I understand BG ended up being a good win, but try and see my overall point here).

Bottom line, teams with built-in disadvantages like MSU should ALWAYS play an easy OOC schedule. No exceptions. But we also must actually take advantage of that scheduling, by beating at least a middling bowl team. Then everyone is happy.