PDA

View Full Version : We beat LSU with a midweek against their SP1

Coach34
03-15-2024, 09:09 PM
1-0 guys

Gonna be some sad faces this Spring about Lemon keeping his job

DownwardDawg
03-15-2024, 09:11 PM
Hopefully not. If he keeps his job, that means we had a good year. I don't think anyone will be sad about that. Surely not.

Coach34
03-15-2024, 09:14 PM
Hopefully not. If he keeps his job, that means we had a good year. I don't think anyone will be sad about that. Surely not.

Imma have to disagree. We have plenty of people that want me to be wrong about this season

RockyDog
03-15-2024, 09:17 PM
Extend him tonight.

basedog
03-15-2024, 09:21 PM
I hope we keep winning. This may have been the best win in a long time. Tomorrow could be interesting, win and it may generate many fans to believe, also will help confidence with players.

bigbub50
03-15-2024, 09:23 PM
Imma have to disagree. We have plenty of people that want me to be wrong about this season

We do enjoy it when you’re wrong, but not at the expense of actively cheering against our baseball team. I’ve been tough on lemon, but would gladly eat crow if he can guide us to 15+ sec wins.

basedog

I'd be happy with what u say.

Homedawg
The season is long. Early losses one sec win all the same. But let the season play out. I think it will be ok. But if not , we will move on.

Homedawg
03-15-2024, 09:24 PM

There are multiple people on multiple sites that want him fired no matter. So they exist.

Coach34
03-15-2024, 09:25 PM
The season is long. Early losses one sec win all the same. But let the season play out. I think it will be ok. But if not , we will move on.

100%

My basic point is we have the talent to compete. Lemon has to get the job done. We dont lack talent

msstate7
03-15-2024, 09:26 PM
I wanted 1 this weekend, but now we need 2. Come on dawgs

basedog
03-15-2024, 09:27 PM

Well said Homedawg. Message boards can be brutal but we all have to move on good or bad. Having my grandson playing last few years is a humbling experience with posters.

shoeless joe
03-15-2024, 09:27 PM
Pump the brakes slightly. We’re 1-0. One game does not an SEC season make.

Good win. Great job by Stevens. Showed some grit and toughness at the plate. Executed some situational hitting…especially with 2 outs and 2 strikes. If we keep those things up it could be a good yr and we won’t be searching for a new coach.

RezDog7
03-15-2024, 09:28 PM

We should all want him to succeed. We do not need another coaching change. It felt good to be a bulldog today.

SPMT
03-15-2024, 09:33 PM

I think we would be ecstatic if we could get both, you being wrong and significant post season play.

But hey, you?ve been wrong about so many things, every once in a while we?ll let you get a win.

Coach34
03-15-2024, 09:34 PM
I think we would be ecstatic if we could get both, you being wrong and significant post season play.

But hey, you?ve been wrong about so many things, every once in a while we?ll let you get a win.

the typical response time after time after time after time after time afte time after time after time after time....

Coach34
03-15-2024, 09:35 PM
I want a sweep now. Tomorrow is even money- a 50/50 game.

Sunday? We have the SEC's best Sunday SP. Let's roll

dawgday166
03-15-2024, 09:41 PM
Pump the brakes slightly. We?re 1-0. One game does not an SEC season make.

Good win. Great job by Stevens. Showed some grit and toughness at the plate. Executed some situational hitting?especially with 2 outs and 2 strikes. If we keep those things up it could be a good yr and we won?t be searching for a new coach.

LOL ... folks acting like we just won a Super Regional.
They'll be ready to fire him again tomorrow if we lose by same margin as we won today by.

SPMT
03-15-2024, 09:47 PM
the typical response time after time after time after time after time afte time after time after time after time....

I’m one of the few that like you, but let’s be honest you are 50/50 at best, like most semi-educated people.

Todd4State
03-15-2024, 09:48 PM
Based on what I'm seeing I think we will be a good second half team. The bats are starting to come around. And our arms are looking better. It's interesting to me because now we have Stevens, Loftin, Holcombe, and Ligon starting to emerge- do we move Dohm to the bullpen since he is a bit injury prone? It may be a way to maximize our talent better.

dawgday166
03-15-2024, 09:49 PM
I?m one of the few that like you, but let?s be honest you are 50/50 at best, like most semi-educated people.

LMAO ... have some rep.

Coach34
03-15-2024, 09:54 PM
I’m one of the few that like you, but let’s be honest you are 50/50 at best, like most semi-educated people.

rightttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

PMDawg
03-15-2024, 10:18 PM

LOL. I don't think ANYONE cares about random internet guy34 on this one. People care about what's best for the program. The only one trying to make it about you is the inexplicable narcissist who started this thread.

On topic though, it's a little early to gloat (not sure what you're gloating about - you haven't taken a stance other than the same one we all have...he'll be back if he makes the postseason, and he won't if he doesn't). Regardless, it's much too early for a victory lap. As it's been since day 1, we'll see at the end of the season. I would love for Lemonhead to right the ship, never lose another game, and retire after 37 straight national titles. But I ain't holding my breath though.

Great win today though, and I enjoyed every second of it. Hope to do it again tomorrow and Sunday.

PMDawg
03-15-2024, 10:21 PM
rightttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Like, I'm trying to decide if you're serious. Surely not. You have to know......right?

Homedawg
03-15-2024, 10:26 PM
LOL ... folks acting like we just won a Super Regional.
They'll be ready to fire him again tomorrow if we lose by same margin as we won today by.

True. I think the response is due to us not having a Friday guy pitching and two, we knocked the piss out of it tonight. Lots of loud outs too. And btw I would have loved to have Holman, he is not an elite guy. Avg Friday starter in the sec.

Coach34
03-15-2024, 10:26 PM
Oh I knowwwww. The threads calling for Lemon to be fired immediately up to now were just idle talk and conversation. They didnt mean it

Coach34
03-15-2024, 10:29 PM
True. I think the response is due to us not having a Friday guy pitching and two, we knocked the piss out of it tonight. Lots of loud outs too. And btw I would have loved to have Holman, he is not an elite guy. Avg Friday starter in the sec.

Whats funny is this board acted like Lemon lost out in a huge recruiting battle and we would never recover. We beat Holman with a midweek guy and a true freshman.

And saved a million

Lord McBuckethead
03-15-2024, 10:34 PM
No. Win some damn games. Make a regional or heaven forbid make the SEC tourney.

Activated Alpha
03-15-2024, 10:42 PM
Look I will own what I said during the first AP game that we lost. Thought this should be his last season just based off our performance in OCC. I will enjoy this win tonight, but I also realize it was just the first game of our SEC slate. If he wins and gets us to a SR then I would be the first to admit I am wrong and eat my crow. However, I can be reasonable about my expectations of SEC play just based off our performance earlier in the season.

maroonmania
03-15-2024, 10:46 PM
So far I'm amazed at the job Justin Parker has done with this pitching staff. Truly a night and day difference. He keeps this up and I will call him the Miracle Worker.

smootness
03-15-2024, 10:49 PM
As someone who has already said Lemonis should be gone, let me make perfectly clear that the best result for State is for this team to have a great year, Lemonis to keep his job, and turn out to be a great coach.

Based on the last two years, I have not thought that possible, but we are definitely showing some very good signs. Keep it up and get this program back where it needs to be.

HoopsDawg
03-15-2024, 10:49 PM
Whats funny is this board acted like Lemon lost out in a huge recruiting battle and we would never recover. We beat Holman with a midweek guy and a true freshman.

And saved a million

Lemon did a terrible job in the portal but Stevens is a stud. Been saying it for months. Need to get him in the batting order tomorrow.

HoopsDawg
03-15-2024, 10:50 PM
So far I'm amazed at the job Justin Parker has done with this pitching staff. Truly a night and day difference. He keeps this up and I will call him the Miracle Worker.

Yep. Looking like a great hire.

Todd4State
03-15-2024, 11:03 PM

And saved a million

To be fair our true freshman probably has a much higher upside than Holman. He's not a typical freshman at all. He's the first legit dual position guy we have had since who? Pete Young? Chuck Daniel?

Todd4State
03-15-2024, 11:06 PM
Lemon did a terrible job in the portal but Stevens is a stud. Been saying it for months. Need to get him in the batting order tomorrow.

I'm going to be curious to see what happens in the portal with Parker now that he is getting a good reputation. We didn't get any major first round prizes out of the portal but honestly- we've done better than some of our fans give Lemonis credit for. Dohm, Stephen, Long, Powell, Kohler, Hujsack, Tyler Davis, and etc. We typically get what we need at the very least.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2024, 11:12 PM

This is the correct answer. We have plenty of talent can our staff push the right buttons and win? Well see if we can win consistently this year if not new HC next year

Commercecomet24
03-15-2024, 11:13 PM
I'm going to be curious to see what happens in the portal with Parker now that he is getting a good reputation. We didn't get any major first round prizes out of the portal but honestly- we've done better than some of our fans give Lemonis credit for. Dohm, Stephen, Long, Powell, Kohler, Hujsack, Tyler Davis, and etc. We typically get what we need at the very least.

Lemonis has done good with the portal. The players you've mentioned have been big for us and are contributing big time right now

HoopsDawg
03-15-2024, 11:16 PM
Be curious to see who we go to after Khal tomorrow. I wonder if the confidence with Loftin is there yet.

CaptainObvious
03-15-2024, 11:17 PM
We haven't had to use Hardin, Holcombe, Ligon or cheatham in an SEC game yet. If we can get in a position offensively with solid SP giving us 5 innings or 3rd time through the order without serious damage, maybe we will not have to use those guys except in matchup situations. .

HoopsDawg
03-15-2024, 11:24 PM
We haven't had to use Hardin, Holcombe, Ligon or cheatham in an SEC game yet. If we can get in a position offensively with solid SP giving us 5 innings or 3rd time through the order without serious damage, maybe we will not have to use those guys except in matchup situations. .

Lo is the only guy I might be comfortable with going thru an SEC order 3 times

Coach34
03-15-2024, 11:27 PM
Be curious to see who we go to after Khal tomorrow. I wonder if the confidence with Loftin is there yet.

He has got to be a choice. He threw 50 pitches on Tuesday. He should certainly be able to go 50 on Saturday

BeardoMSU
03-15-2024, 11:28 PM
1-0 guys

You're so ****ing weird, lol. NO one is mad we beat LSU tonight.

Coach34
03-15-2024, 11:32 PM
You're so ****ing weird, lol. NO one is mad we beat LSU tonight.

lol wow. You gonna wait on Bucky and Crew that called for his firing to come say "yay"?????

BeardoMSU
03-15-2024, 11:44 PM
lol wow. You gonna wait on Bucky and Crew that called for his firing to come say "yay"?????

What, lol?

I've been pulling for Lem the whole season. I want him to figure it out. Show me otherwise....

But you're still weird, lol. In other threads you talk about how baseball is "different", a marathon not a sprint, etc., then you make click-bait threads like this after 1 (albeit awesome!) game...

It's clearly a schtick, but you don't have to be so obvious...let alone so desperate.

HoopsDawg
03-16-2024, 12:02 AM
He has got to be a choice. He threw 50 pitches on Tuesday. He should certainly be able to go 50 on Saturday

I think so too. Tyler Davis was good against LSU last year so he's an option.

Todd4State
03-16-2024, 02:17 AM

Coming off of an injury? I'd be surprised if they push it with him. His ceiling is way high and he has the potential to be a legit ace.

If he wasn't coming off of a recent injury I would agree. But I think he either starts against Memphis or maybe we let him rest and see how he does against A&M.

Todd4State
03-16-2024, 02:24 AM
This is the correct answer. We have plenty of talent can our staff push the right buttons and win? Well see if we can win consistently this year if not new HC next year

Lemonis is just so dependent on the assistants. He's way more comfortable doing less than more for sure. Given the right amount of talent and great assistants he can win big here as we have already seen.

I do wonder if he has learned something about management from his time here that may benefit him and us later? But we'll see. I think if he had to do it over again he would have fired Foxhall after 2022 rather than give him another chance.

I just wish he were better at paying attention to the details. And I wish he had a baserunning coach similar to what Cohen had with Mingione who could also emphasize small ball tactics and things like that.

99jc
03-16-2024, 06:10 AM
I?m one of the few that like you, but let?s be honest you are 50/50 at best, like most semi-educated people.

Dang that's going to leave a mark!

basedog
03-16-2024, 07:06 AM
Lemonis is just so dependent on the assistants. He's way more comfortable doing less than more for sure. Given the right amount of talent and great assistants he can win big here as we have already seen.

I do wonder if he has learned something about management from his time here that may benefit him and us later? But we'll see. I think if he had to do it over again he would have fired Foxhall after 2022 rather than give him another chance.

I just wish he were better at paying attention to the details. And I wish he had a baserunning coach similar to what Cohen had with Mingione who could also emphasize small ball tactics and things like that.

I can agree to this. I do hope he has learned from his past mistakes; details are very important. HC has to take charge and make sure their assistant Coaches are doing their job. Beating Lsu is the right step to going forward, we just need to keep it up. The emotion was great Friday night, winning creates that.
I'm pulling for this team and Lemonis, just getr done!
Stevens was awesome and happy for Hines getting two bombs.

Cowbell
03-16-2024, 07:12 AM
If nothing else, Lemonis has learned that we are in the South and down here you need gritty dirtbags. Some of his initial recruiting lacked those kind of players for the most part. Now we see these kind of guys starting and they are young.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-16-2024, 08:42 AM

Everyone should be available to pitch against LSU in these next 2 games except Dohm, Siary, and Nolan Stevens. Lemonis did say that Dohm is improving and should return.

ShotgunDawg
03-16-2024, 08:52 AM
Stevens has elite Friday night upside. It?ll be interesting to see how this trends but his ability can take this team to a completely different level

basedog
03-16-2024, 09:06 AM
Stevens has elite Friday night upside. It?ll be interesting to see how this trends but his ability can take this team to a completely different level

His performance was one of the best freshman moments I have seen in a very long time. He gave our team a big lift, but so did our 16 hits.

PGHBulldogBG
03-16-2024, 09:09 AM
This was a great win, but it is a long season ahead of us. Of course I’m glad we won, but there are going to be ups and downs along the way. We just need to keep improving and hope we do enough in conference play to make a regional. Once we are there, anything can happen

ShotgunDawg
03-16-2024, 09:11 AM
His performance was one of the best freshman moments I have seen in a very long time. He gave our team a big lift, but so did our 16 hits.

He?s got a great stuff, throws strikes, and is big and strong.

Guys with that type of slider quality pitch in MLB for a long time. He could end up being one of the more talented arms in the league by year?s end.

basedog
03-16-2024, 09:27 AM
He?s got a great stuff, throws strikes, and is big and strong.

Guys with that type of slider quality pitch in MLB for a long time. He could end up being one of the more talented arms in the league by year?s end.

I hope so. Reminds me a little of Eric Dubose.

TNDawg35
03-16-2024, 11:24 AM

He would be starting every Fri as long as Dohm is out.

TheLostDawg
03-16-2024, 05:13 PM
1-0 guys

Not aging well