bigbub50
03-14-2024, 02:20 PM
Siary will start.

preachermatt83
03-14-2024, 02:31 PM
Freaking awful.

preachermatt83
03-14-2024, 02:31 PM
Lemo refusing to give legit updates irritates me. I know it shouldn’t. But it does

WinningIsRelentless
03-14-2024, 02:37 PM
Lemo refusing to give legit updates irritates me. I know it shouldn’t. But it does

WTH does it matter what he says about it? It is what it is. Y?all are some whiny people about crap like this. You aren?t entitled to that info and honestly it could fall under hippa.

MaroonFlounder
03-14-2024, 02:54 PM
I knew it might not be good with dohm, his dad stopped posting/commenting on the gp247 board after last week.

MsStateBaseball
03-14-2024, 03:42 PM
May be genius. Why? Rained out on Friday means 2 seven inning games on Saturday, enough time to get Loftin ready for some innings.

Homedawg
03-14-2024, 03:53 PM
May be genius. Why? Rained out on Friday means 2 seven inning games on Saturday, enough time to get Loftin ready for some innings.

No it doesn't mean that. It means 2 9 inning games on Saturday.

StarkVegasSteve
03-14-2024, 03:57 PM
I knew it might not be good with dohm, his dad stopped posting/commenting on the gp247 board after last week.

No that is because he kept getting into pissing matches with anyone who dared say a negative thing about the baseball team. He did the same crap last year. It is reason number 585929322 why parents do not need to be on message boards. Great if they are, but it is really hard to have thick skin.

StarkVegasSteve
03-14-2024, 03:58 PM
Freaking awful.

I mean we were not winning Friday anyways. No different than last year in Baton Rouge. Let Siary be the Friday sacrificial lamb and try to win Saturday and Sunday.

CaptainObvious
03-14-2024, 04:19 PM
I mean we were not winning Friday anyways. No different than last year in Baton Rouge. Let Siary be the Friday sacrificial lamb and try to win Saturday and Sunday.

You do understand that a Sacrificial Lamb is Spotless and Unblemished, right?

Siary might be the team Billy Goat, but he ain't no Sacrificial Lamb!

viverlibre
03-14-2024, 05:03 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://media1.tenor.com/m/cV7Z8U5yvC8AAAAd/alex-young-this-all-of-this.gif

DownwardDawg
03-14-2024, 06:28 PM
No that is because he kept getting into pissing matches with anyone who dared say a negative thing about the baseball team. He did the same crap last year. It is reason number 585929322 why parents do not need to be on message boards. Great if they are, but it is really hard to have thick skin.

If my kid played sports at State, I'd be gone from the board probably forever.

Offshore Dawg
03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
If my kid played sports at State, I'd be gone from the board probably forever.

Based on some of the comments on this board that would be a wise move.

Coach34
03-14-2024, 08:24 PM
Good decision

Try to get 3 from Siary. Bring on Loftin to try and get 2-3 more. See where you stand heading into the 6th or 7th innning.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-14-2024, 09:35 PM
Good decision

Try to get 3 from Siary. Bring on Loftin to try and get 2-3 more. See where you stand heading into the 6th or 7th innning.

Problem is that if Siary and Loftin do good we'd only be down 2-1 or something like that. We'd be tricked into using our best relievers but with our crappy offense the run deficit was already insurmountable

Yes, I'm only half serious and am being cynical. I have no faith in our offense at all

Skydawg1
03-14-2024, 11:38 PM
LSU can't hit good pitching anymore than we can. This series will be tight.

Todd4State
03-15-2024, 01:59 AM
Problem is that if Siary and Loftin do good we'd only be down 2-1 or something like that. We'd be tricked into using our best relievers but with our crappy offense the run deficit was already insurmountable

Yes, I'm only half serious and am being cynical. I have no faith in our offense at all

WTF? You play to win the game. I'd be a little surprised if we pitch Loftin this weekend. Maybe Sunday.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-15-2024, 08:58 AM
WTF? You play to win the game. I'd be a little surprised if we pitch Loftin this weekend. Maybe Sunday.

A lot of comments in here are saying it's smart to concede Friday and save our arms because we were never winning it anyway.

Why aren't you telling them to "play to win the game"?

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-15-2024, 09:13 AM
LSU can't hit good pitching anymore than we can. This series will be tight.

Can they not? Current SEC ranks:

Batting average: LSU 6th, State 10th

OBP: LSU 7th, State 11th

Slg%: LSU 9th, State 13th

We have played a slightly tougher SOS so far -hard as that is to believe- but I think it's safe to say that LSUs offense is mediocre, but still better than ours

Pitching wise, they have a lower ERA, opponent batting average, have allowed half the home runs compared to us, ect. Defensively we've got the same fielding %.

They are certainly beatable but are also the better team. Overall, I think our lack of grit and leadership will do us in more so than the talent gap

Todd4State
03-15-2024, 11:09 PM
A lot of comments in here are saying it's smart to concede Friday and save our arms because we were never winning it anyway.

Why aren't you telling them to "play to win the game"?

Because we might have a night like tonight?

And I haven't seen anyone say that- but if I do my response is the same to them as it is you.