PDA

View Full Version : I?ll never understand why?

preachermatt83
03-13-2024, 07:28 PM
GoTro gets a pass. Always. Here. Among fans. Among alumni. Everywhere, he gets a free pass and he?s frankly, never done anything for us.

Coach34
03-13-2024, 07:43 PM
GoTro gets a pass. Always. Here. Among fans. Among alumni. Everywhere, he gets a free pass and he?s frankly, never done anything for us.

agree. But it's on Lemon to make the change. He didnt

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2024, 07:43 PM
agree. But it's on Lemon to make the change. He didnt

Correct. I have thought for two years we would make a change and have yet to do it.

KOdawg1
03-13-2024, 08:06 PM
Send them all packing except Parker

PMDawg
03-13-2024, 08:06 PM
It will take a miracle to not get swept this weekend.

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2024, 08:55 PM
It will take a miracle to not get swept this weekend.

Did last night really change people expectations THAT much? Like we have had these problems all year. They did not just magically show up the last two games.

RezDog7
03-13-2024, 10:28 PM
Did last night really change people expectations THAT much? Like we have had these problems for 3 years. They did not just magically show up the last two games.

FIFY

BeardoMSU
03-13-2024, 11:24 PM
I mean, there were several on this board who wanted to fire Lemonis and promote GoTro, so it's not terribly surprising. Plus our former players love the guy, fwiw...tho I think TA is TA more because of TA instead of GoTro, but who knows...

Pancho
03-14-2024, 05:43 AM
Lemo seems to have a solid club if they were in the league with USA or UNO********

Leeshouldveflanked
03-14-2024, 06:30 AM
TA also says this team is more talented than the team that won the CWS.

StarkVegasSteve
03-14-2024, 08:20 AM
TA also says this team is more talented than the team that won the CWS.

Talent and effort are two completely different things unfortunately. Allen also is not an unbiased observer. This team may be more talented than the 21 team, but they give about a quarter of the effort.

PMDawg
03-14-2024, 08:50 AM
Did last night really change people expectations THAT much? Like we have had these problems all year. They did not just magically show up the last two games.

No. I have been expecting that for quite a while. There's been a lot of sunshine pumping though.

bulldogcountry1
03-14-2024, 09:31 AM
I mean, there were several on this board who wanted to fire Lemonis and promote GoTro, so it's not terribly surprising. Plus our former players love the guy, fwiw...tho I think TA is TA more because of TA instead of GoTro, but who knows...

Yep. Probably the same people who keep pining for Cannizaro - A guy who was recently fired from a HS.

JG has always managed to get the offense as a whole to improve as the season rolls along. He got a pass because we were usually producitve at the end of the season. He's never had to account for why 2nd and 3rd year starters struggle at the start of seasons. Who has he really developed that show up to campus as a good hitter already? The list of "talented" players who aren't learning how to hit at State is growing. So is the list of hitters that are regressing.

Ranchdawg
03-14-2024, 10:03 AM
Lemo seems to have a solid club if they were in the league with USA or UNO********

You nailed it! Mega rep! I would like to also state that does anyone think we were ready to win at a high level when the season started. What I?m trying to say that Lemonis did NOT have our team ready. Oh sure coaching staff as always had some things to figure out as do most coaching staffs at other teams. And yes there were a couple of players hurt to begin the season. But the crap play of base running errors, dropping routine fly balls, lack of hitting and pitchers not being completely ready to pitch?pitching has gotten better. But a lot of this stuff should have been figured out way before season started. Is Gottro and Lemonis actually seeing this in practice or are they actually coaching.

Rant over!

preachermatt83
03-14-2024, 12:07 PM
Yep. Probably the same people who keep pining for Cannizaro - A guy who was recently fired from a HS.

JG has always managed to get the offense as a whole to improve as the season rolls along. He got a pass because we were usually producitve at the end of the season. He's never had to account for why 2nd and 3rd year starters struggle at the start of seasons. Who has he really developed that show up to campus as a good hitter already? The list of "talented" players who aren't learning how to hit at State is growing. So is the list of hitters that are regressing.

This!