PDA

View Full Version : Catchers Long and Powell

bulldogcountry1
03-09-2024, 06:35 PM
I?ll give Lemonis credit, these guys are great additions from the portal. Neither will match what Highfill can do, offensively, but they are both much better defenders.

Powell is better at controlling the running game, but Long is really good at framing pitches. Powell has a little more power, but Long is an OBP machine.

Commercecomet24
03-09-2024, 07:02 PM
100% agree. Lemonis done good with these 2 pickups.

The Federalist Engineer
03-10-2024, 12:29 AM
I?ll give Lemonis credit, these guys are great additions from the portal. Neither will match what Highfill can do, offensively, but they are both much better defenders.

Powell is better at controlling the running game, but Long is really good at framing pitches. Powell has a little more power, but Long is an OBP machine.

Highfill as a collegiate hitter? I think that tool is still to be seen. I think MSU needs to hit the portal for Catcher again for 2025. Last year, there were multiple Freshman that were hitting like All Americans looking for a starting job.

Todd4State
03-10-2024, 01:34 AM
Highfill as a collegiate hitter? I think that tool is still to be seen. I think MSU needs to hit the portal for Catcher again for 2025. Last year, there were multiple Freshman that were hitting like All Americans looking for a starting job.

He did pretty well for a freshman especially given the fact that he is a catcher. .231 with 9 bombs is something I can definitely live with from a freshman catcher. His big issue to me was defense.

Not sure what his future projects to be now that he is injured. But I think we can find a position for him.

maroonmania
03-10-2024, 08:47 AM
He did pretty well for a freshman especially given the fact that he is a catcher. .231 with 9 bombs is something I can definitely live with from a freshman catcher. His big issue to me was defense.

Not sure what his future projects to be now that he is injured. But I think we can find a position for him.

What's his current status?