PDA

View Full Version : Baseball- Game 2 vs Aces

Coach34
03-09-2024, 05:10 PM
We finally sit Trout- Downs makes a great catch in the OF

3up/3 down- headed B1

Coach34
03-09-2024, 05:16 PM
walk to Jordan followed by a Hines pop up.

Headed to the 2nd 0-0

DawgFromOxford
03-09-2024, 06:10 PM
Hines finally gets his first home run of the year

msstate7
03-09-2024, 06:11 PM
I wanna believe. Please let this winning streak be real

Commercecomet24
03-09-2024, 06:12 PM
Our pitching and defense is just outstanding!

DawgFromOxford
03-09-2024, 06:19 PM
I wanna believe. Please let this winning streak be real

Cmon 7 you know better

msstate7
03-09-2024, 06:26 PM
Cmon 7 you know better

This next week will tell a lot. 2-3 isn't horrible, but 3-2 gives hope

Leroy Jenkins
03-09-2024, 06:27 PM
Athlete.

Saltydog
03-09-2024, 06:29 PM
This next week will tell a lot. 2-3 isn't horrible, but 3-2 gives hope

Yeah, if we can go 3-2 it would certainly give some optimism. We just can't start SEC play 0-3.

Saltydog
03-09-2024, 07:02 PM
and Coach's boy comes in and pitches to 4 batters and gives up 3 runs, lol........Era is now 18.56......

BeardoMSU
03-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Colby is decidedly not helping his "confidence" with this outing...

State82
03-09-2024, 07:08 PM
This is way past ridiculous.

Saltydog
03-09-2024, 07:19 PM
He was better under Foxhall than Parker.

Coach34
03-09-2024, 07:26 PM
Yeah something mentally isnt clicking with him right now

Commercecomet24
03-09-2024, 07:29 PM
Yeah something mentally isnt clicking with him right now

It's definitely mental now. Kid has the talent but somethings just not right. Mental.

ZedFedder
03-09-2024, 07:32 PM
That was the perfect spot to give him innings. It just isn?t there.

SPMT
03-09-2024, 07:44 PM
It's definitely mental now. Kid has the talent but somethings just not right. Mental.

Seems like he should transfer to get a fresh start. That?s a good part about that rule.

Coach34
03-09-2024, 07:51 PM
Seems like he should transfer to get a fresh start. That?s a good part about that rule.

He needs to keep working this Spring and go to the draft and let them fix him

Leroy Jenkins
03-09-2024, 08:59 PM
The Cerantola comparisons have been over done..... but their not wrong.

DownwardDawg
03-09-2024, 09:53 PM

That dude was a wasted scholarship.

Todd4State
03-09-2024, 11:23 PM
We need to be talking more about why Logan Forsythe isn't pitching more instead of why we're pitching Colby Holcombe.

Offshore Dawg
03-09-2024, 11:56 PM
We need to be talking more about why Logan Forsythe isn't pitching more instead of why we're pitching Colby Holcombe.

I think it's time to stop the Colby experiment.

The Federalist Engineer
03-10-2024, 12:13 AM

Cerantola was 97-98 mph. Today Holcombe was 92-93.

If Parker invests in development in a controlled manner, I guess it's alright. I seems Ligon is fried, Simmons is done, and now Holcombe looks unwell.

Good to get these wins, but pitching depth looks challenging, that's probably Parker's motivation to rehabilitate Holcombe

Todd4State
03-10-2024, 01:42 AM
I think it's time to stop the Colby experiment.

I don't. I think we need to keep putting him in low leverage situations like we did today and see if we can get his confidence back. If he doesn't get it back then he doesn't get it back but if he does we may have another Zac Houston situation here towards the end of the year.

Todd4State
03-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Cerantola was 97-98 mph. Today Holcombe was 92-93.

If Parker invests in development in a controlled manner, I guess it's alright. I seems Ligon is fried, Simmons is done, and now Holcombe looks unwell.

Good to get these wins, but pitching depth looks challenging, that's probably Parker's motivation to rehabilitate Holcombe

Ligon is basically in the same boat as Holcombe. He started out Ok against USM actually but then the wild pitch and home run rattled him. I'm guessing we see Bradley Loftin pitch some midweek if not Sunday. I'm curious to see how he does.

One thing about our staff is Tyson Hardin has gotten better and Tyler Davis has pitched much better. We need to get Cam Schuelke going again.

The way I see it right now- we have a pretty good bullpen and a solid starting rotation but no one that is really elite that starts for us. Loo may be our best starter. But we're going to start him on Sunday's so that we can get scouting reports on hitters and things like that to maximize his uniqueness. It could cause us to steal some Sunday's from some SEC teams.

State82
03-10-2024, 11:56 AM
Loo may be our best starter. But we're going to start him on Sunday's so that we can get scouting reports on hitters and things like that to maximize his uniqueness. It could cause us to steal some Sunday's from some SEC teams.

Yep. A win on Sunday counts exactly like a win on Friday. Get 'em however you can get 'em.

The Federalist Engineer
03-10-2024, 01:31 PM
Ligon is basically in the same boat as Holcombe. He started out Ok against USM actually but then the wild pitch and home run rattled him. I'm guessing we see Bradley Loftin pitch some midweek if not Sunday. I'm curious to see how he does.

One thing about our staff is Tyson Hardin has gotten better and Tyler Davis has pitched much better. We need to get Cam Schuelke going again.

The way I see it right now- we have a pretty good bullpen and a solid starting rotation but no one that is really elite that starts for us. Loo may be our best starter. But we're going to start him on Sunday's so that we can get scouting reports on hitters and things like that to maximize his uniqueness. It could cause us to steal some Sunday's from some SEC teams.

Some numbers in the numbers. Only 10HR allowed in 113 innings but Ligon and Holcombe gave 8 in their 10 innings. +300 batting averages against. Even toothless USM was poised to shell Ligon.

MSU has 4 guys that look ready to roll for sure: Dohm, JC, Stephen, and Auger

Then the next 4 look to be Black, Siary, Stevens, and Dotson. Other than Siary we have small samples from this group. That said, Stevens and Dotson are blue chips, they are supposed to be good.

The next 3 are Davis, Hardin and Shuelke but people are hitting Hardin and Shuelke at 350. Season is young, Parker knows more about their strengths than one-month ago. We dont know anything about Loftin I guess.

Most college teams use 6 to 7 guys for 80% of innings.

Commercecomet24
03-10-2024, 01:36 PM
Yep. A win on Sunday counts exactly like a win on Friday. Get 'em however you can get 'em.

Amen to this! And Loo is gonna win a majority of those Sunday games. It's a great strategy. If you can split the first 2 in weekend games Loo gives you a great chance to win the series every weekend.

Leroy Jenkins
03-10-2024, 02:28 PM

Hardin looks like he's in the beginning of a Jared Liebelt level career turn... only half joking.