PDA

View Full Version : A Vote Against the Camo Hats

cheewgumm
03-08-2024, 11:40 PM
Build the brand. Camo hats hurt that effort.

Bama doesnt wear camo helmets.

We shoiuld not wear camo hats.

smootness
03-09-2024, 09:16 AM
They are objectively stupid.

The Federalist Engineer
03-09-2024, 10:25 AM
Young kids like it. My only problem is the flat bill, but it seems the boys like it.

I would flash the white flying Ms every now and then.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFzfIOrGhzw7gda3XW2YX-Eh8ELOErckzoJC_gV1ge2A&s

HogsandDogs
03-09-2024, 10:31 AM
It serves as a shoutout to the military, particularly Columbus AFB. Lots of airmen and officers are attending baseball games now. CAFB is becoming more involved and partnering with MSU, especially on the research side. They are even doing a flyover for softball in the near future.

cheewgumm
03-09-2024, 10:37 AM
I get all that stuff but not is secondary to what is more important to Miss State Athletics .

Building the brand

R2Dawg
03-09-2024, 11:23 AM
I get all that stuff but not is secondary to what is more important to Miss State Athletics .

Building the brand

I don't mind the camo every so often but not every game. M over S is already the brand.

Santiago
03-09-2024, 11:33 AM
Young kids like it. My only problem is the flat bill, but it seems the boys like it.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFzfIOrGhzw7gda3XW2YX-Eh8ELOErckzoJC_gV1ge2A&s

We do need to flash that logo more often.

R2Dawg
03-09-2024, 11:38 AM

Personally I'm not a fan of that logo.

Cooterpoot
03-09-2024, 12:01 PM
It serves as a shoutout to the military, particularly Columbus AFB. Lots of airmen and officers are attending baseball games now. CAFB is becoming more involved and partnering with MSU, especially on the research side. They are even doing a flyover for softball in the near future.

Our Admin has always treated athletics like we're a military academy. It's every damn game and it needs to stop. You aren't honoring a damn thing when you do it every single game, you're screwing up your branding.

Cooterpoot
03-09-2024, 12:02 PM

That shit is terrible! It should be eliminated from our branding 1000%.

Maroonthirteen
03-09-2024, 12:33 PM
To me; it is sign of a larger issue in our society. 1, We let kids make decisions and dictate terms. 2, Schools don't give a damn about tradition, they care about making money.

The reason you wear a uniform is to create a sense of unity, a team. It is also an identity of the team/school. When kids say I want to wear this alternate or that or these shoes, not those...they become individuals. Also, you as leaders open the door for other demands and lose some authority.

With that said, some of the leaders don't care. Because allowing kids to wear whatever, off color gloves and cleats, and head bands etc etc. gets them off the hook of being a SOB. Then, administration creates more merchandise to sell. This AD especially doesn't care about what has been established. He cares about selling more merchandise.

Todd4State
03-09-2024, 01:39 PM
To me; it is sign of a larger issue in our society. 1, We let kids make decisions and dictate terms. 2, Schools don't give a damn about tradition, they care about making money.

The reason you wear a uniform is to create a sense of unity, a team. It is also an identity of the team/school. When kids say I want to wear this alternate or that or these shoes, not those...they become individuals. Also, you as leaders open the door for other demands and lose some authority.

With that said, some of the leaders don't care. Because allowing kids to wear whatever, off color gloves and cleats, and head bands etc etc. gets them off the hook of being a SOB. Then, administration creates more merchandise to sell. This AD especially doesn't care about what has been established. He cares about selling more merchandise.

Based on the post game interview last night I don't think it's the players choosing to wear the camo hats. Dakota Jordan said he didn't know why we were wearing them.

"The players like them" has long been a convenient excuse by the AD.

DownwardDawg
03-09-2024, 01:44 PM
That shit is terrible! It should be eliminated from our branding 1000%.

It's embarrassingly horrible.

Lord McBuckethead
03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Don?t care. They look stupid.

Lord McBuckethead
03-09-2024, 02:15 PM

Air Force wears camo? So they can?t be spotted when flying by some trees?

cheewgumm
03-09-2024, 03:01 PM
I would never change the baseball hats.

But if you are gonna do it to honor vets, great.

Just make it one day. The end.

Maroonthirteen
03-09-2024, 03:30 PM
The ad is selling out your traditions to make a buck. He needs to go. Hopefully any p5 has a job for him soon.

RocketDawg
03-09-2024, 04:17 PM
Personally I'm not a fan of that logo.

That was the main (and I think the only one at the time) logo when I was at State. It was inspired by the space program.

schddog72
03-09-2024, 05:32 PM

Great hat!! It was the helmet logo when I was at MSU - 1971 & 1972.

schddog72
03-09-2024, 05:33 PM
They are objectively stupid.

This!!

StarkVegasSteve
03-09-2024, 05:36 PM
I would never change the baseball hats.

But if you are gonna do it to honor vets, great.

Just make it one day. The end.

Correct. Was completely fine with for one weekend or if you want to honor the military then wear them on Sundays or during the midweek. It kind of looks silly to wear them multiple times every weekend when we are not a military school. Also, I do not really know why we are doing it. We are not making any money of it that I know.