PDA

View Full Version : Because our baseball fans live in a bubble

Coach34
03-06-2024, 08:52 PM
Florida lost to UCF tonight 9-6
Bama beat Troy 8-7 and came from behind
Kentucky was no-hit for 6 innings tonight vs Eastern Kentucky....now up 4-2 in the 8th
Tennessee beat Southern Indiana 2-1
LSU is 1-1 with SELA in the 7th

Coach34
03-06-2024, 08:55 PM
SELA goes up 2-1 on LSU

basedog
03-06-2024, 09:11 PM
LOL 34.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 09:18 PM
3-1 SELA

Coach34
03-06-2024, 09:20 PM
LOL 34.

you can LOL all you want. Our fans are basically stupid. You have people posting we have weakest schedule in the country when its in the Top 1/3. Im an Educator.

CaptainObvious
03-06-2024, 09:20 PM
LOL 34.

He does try hard doesn't he.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 09:28 PM
Texas Southern 3 Texas A&M 1 in the 7th

OMG- how will bucket ever beat these teams?????

CaptainObvious
03-06-2024, 09:31 PM
Texas Southern 3 Texas A&M 1 in the 7th

OMG- how will bucket ever beat these teams?????

Play them in the midweek with midweek pitching??

msudawg1200
03-06-2024, 09:32 PM
you can LOL all you want. Our fans are basically stupid. You have people posting we have weakest schedule in the country when its in the Top 1/3. Im an Educator.

There are these things called facts. Warren Nolan has us with a SOS of 218 out of 305. The Massey Ratings have us at 228. My math skills tell me that's actually in the lower 1/3. Some on here might not, but I'll check fact the hell out of you. We aren't as dumb as you think, and you sure as hell ain't any near as smart as you think you are.

CaptainObvious
03-06-2024, 09:50 PM
I remember when SELA swept State in a 3 game set in Starkville back in 2010 against our weekend starters. And in 2012, SELA swept State in a 2 game mid-week set in Hammond.

Nicholls has beaten good teams. Central Arkansas has beaten good teams. State has lost to Jackson State and Delta State and Mississippi College. Upsets happen all the time.

When was the last time LSU and Arkansas and A & M and Florida had 2 seasons like State just had? See, they have earned the right to a couple of upset losses. Lemonis burned his good will in the past 730 days of baseball.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 09:52 PM
There are these things called facts. Warren Nolan has us with a SOS of 218 out of 305. The Massey Ratings have us at 228. My match skills tell me that's actually in the lower 1/3. Some on here might not, but I'll check fact the hell out of you. We aren't as dumb as you think, and you sure as hell ain't any near as smart as you think you are.

You can fact check me all day. I've never backed away from that. I'll find the link

HoopsDawg
03-06-2024, 10:11 PM
Kentucky was no-hit for 6 innings tonight vs Eastern Kentucky....now up 4-2 in the 8th

So every team won except for UF.

msudawg1200
03-06-2024, 10:16 PM
You can fact check me all day. I've never backed away from that. I'll find the link

Boyd's World has our SOS at 246. That's three of the most reliable College Baseball pages around. Face it, our SOS sucks. I hope we win every game, and Lemonis can turn this thing around, but I'm not foolish enough to think we've played some tough schedule. Our schedule has sucked. Bigly.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 10:17 PM

Well our wins always come with a BUT and a why we suck

msudawg1200
03-06-2024, 10:19 PM

And they lost to 9-1 UCF with the #3 RPI. He always jumps the gun, and it backfires on him. That guy and the hills he died on.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 10:35 PM
And they lost to 9-1 UCF with the #3 RPI. He always jumps the gun, and it backfires on him. That guy and the hills he died on.

Sooooo the complaining about our win is fine? Okkkkkk

HoopsDawg
03-06-2024, 10:36 PM

I guess he better do it now. Unfortunately, there won't be much to say after the first 3 SEC weekends

Apoplectic
03-06-2024, 10:45 PM
if it looks like a turd and smells like it turd -- it can never be potato salad

DownwardDawg
03-06-2024, 10:47 PM
Our baseball fans are winners. We expect to win. Like big boys do in football. We are big boys in baseball.

MaroonFlounder
03-06-2024, 10:47 PM

I believe you also thought "Big Country" was going to be an effective pitcher this season. He's trash.

msudawg1200
03-06-2024, 11:02 PM
Sooooo the complaining about our win is fine? Okkkkkk
Who is complaining about our win, and what the hell does that have to do with UCF beating Florida? Oh yeah, still waiting on that SOS link.

KOdawg1
03-06-2024, 11:24 PM
This used to be my favorite Mississippi State message board.

I check it maybe once a day now.

Troll34 is why.

Todd4State
03-07-2024, 04:33 AM
The only silver lining for me is that so far our losses have mostly been without Mershon and Kohler in the lineup. This winning streak coincided with their return. We also are figuring out who can help us in the bullpen and that to me was one of the most encouraging things about the USM game. And we didn't even pitch Schuelke or Gavin Black last night. I still want to see what Logan Forsythe can give us also. Hopefully they throw some this weekend. At any rate we have a closer that has emerged and it's looking like some guys like Tyson Hardin and Tyler Davis may have turned the corner. We're going to need our bullpen to be strong in SEC play because we don't have a Will Bednar type ace on this staff I don't believe.

And really the issue with hitting is more about lack of power than actual hitting. Our batting average as a team is right in the middle of the SEC. But we're dead last in slugging percentage. I'm not sure what to think about that other than I feel like if we keep hitting at a decent rate like we are the odds are the power will come. Against USM we grinded the game out offensively and did some good things situationally which helped us win the game. That's encouraging.

That said, we still really need to sweep Evansville this weekend. Do that and all of a sudden we're sitting at 12-4 going into Biloxi with our longest winning streak in awhile.

msudawg1200
03-07-2024, 08:02 AM

Still waiting for my link.

Pancho
03-07-2024, 08:36 AM

Troll34 is why.

Oh my. Living in a free country is grande

99jc
03-07-2024, 08:52 AM

You have to be educated yourself 1st. ***

Hypnodawg
03-07-2024, 09:23 AM
And really the issue with hitting is more about lack of power than actual hitting. Our batting average as a team is right in the middle of the SEC. But we're dead last in slugging percentage. I'm not sure what to think about that other than I feel like if we keep hitting at a decent rate like we are the odds are the power will come. Against USM we grinded the game out offensively and did some good things situationally which helped us win the game. That's encouraging.

I've been wondering if that was just my feelings or if there were actual facts to back this up. It feels like this is the worst slugging MSU team in a long time. Home runs and line drives to the wall just don't happen. Seem to get a fair number to bounce around in the corners if they stay Fair.

Hot Rock
03-07-2024, 09:27 AM

I was following you until you said that last part about you being an Educator. I have only met a couple of coaches in my life that actually had taught a tested subject. Most pride themselves on getting out of a classroom and to the field house asap. Most Coaches teach by saying read this, answer the questions... test on friday.

It is nice to know that you are trying the inform others that baseball games are different, I am with you on that part. Scouting reports alone are trash for these mid-week and early season games. Shit happens

Saltydog
03-07-2024, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't bet on Tyler Hardin. He had a good outing against USM but otherwise he hasn't been good. Of course, that's one more good outing than Holcombe has had so there's that. Davis may have finally put it all together. Key for him is locating. if he does that he can get hitters out because the stuff is good enough.

HoopsDawg
03-07-2024, 10:50 AM

SEC teams went 18-1 this midweek. #education

Goldendawg
03-07-2024, 11:27 AM
What are the rankings of our opponents to date? I know St. Marys was 304 of 305 when we swept them.

Coach34
03-07-2024, 12:58 PM
Still waiting for my link.

https://d1baseball.com/nitty-gritty/

dummy here didnt check and make sure it was 2024 after googling for 2024. My mistake

Coach34
03-07-2024, 01:05 PM
I was following you until you said that last part about you being an Educator. I have only met a couple of coaches in my life that actually had taught a tested subject. Most pride themselves on getting out of a classroom and to the field house asap. Most Coaches teach by saying read this, answer the questions... test on friday.

It is nice to know that you are trying the inform others that baseball games are different, I am with you on that part. Scouting reports alone are trash for these mid-week and early season games. Shit happens

Coaches routinely teach tested subjects now. Our basketball coach teaches English...softball coach US History. Rare to have a Biology teacher as a coach but it does happen. It's damn near impossible to get a PE job now

Dawgology
03-07-2024, 01:31 PM

This is a perfect example of the mindset that has held State back for so long. Instead of comparing our teams to winners and seeking to improve our fanbase and big boosters compare our teams to losers and make excuses. Until we filter that out of our fanbase and boosters we will remain at the bottom of the conference.

Coach34
03-07-2024, 01:34 PM
This is a perfect example of the mindset that has held State back for so long. Instead of comparing our teams to winners and seeking to improve our fanbase and big boosters compare our teams to losers and make excuses. Until we filter that out of our fanbase and boosters we will remain at the bottom of the conference.

We are not at the bottom of the conference. We won the CWS 3 years ago

Commercecomet24
03-07-2024, 01:38 PM
Coaches routinely teach tested subjects now. Our basketball coach teaches English...softball coach US History. Rare to have a Biology teacher as a coach but it does happen. It's damn near impossible to get a PE job now

Yep, My oldest son is a coach and teaches spanish. It's not really like it used to be in the old days when coaches taught just pe or drivers ed. For instance the baseball coaches at west jones teach government, history, biology and the other is an asst principal.

Coach34
03-07-2024, 01:48 PM
alot of schools dont even teach Driver's Ed anymore. Private companies are doing it

ScoobaDawg
03-07-2024, 01:53 PM

You have to be educated yourself 1st. ***

Says the guy that doesn't know to properly reply....so I'll fix it for ya

Duckdog
03-07-2024, 02:07 PM

Dang, I coach high school baseball and track. I teach four different subjects one of which is a tested subject and an AP class. I also have to drive the bus for games/meets. Plus, the other 50 things Im asked to do on top of that.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2024, 02:16 PM
alot of schools dont even teach Driver's Ed anymore. Private companies are doing it

Yep, I know they don't at West Jones anymore.

Hot Rock
03-08-2024, 08:48 AM

No, they end up as special ed teachers and never go to class they are assigned and get their wives to do their paperwork while they head to the golf course or field house before lunch.

Hell, coaches at Houston would be mowing the football field and never even go to class they would be assigned as an inclusion teacher. They even have a name for it, "TOPPER TIME". Yes, a designed system by former coaches to steal funds to not teach the weakest kids cause 17 these kids, they messed up. What happened to the former coaches that were his principal? They got promoted instead of prosecuted for their crimes.

3dawgnight15
03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
I believe you also thought "Big Country" was going to be an effective pitcher this season. He's trash.

I also remember reading how Big Country was gonna be tremendously improved. We are not very good.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-08-2024, 09:40 AM

I've heard that some of the smaller schools are teaching Drivers Ed and Sex Ed in the same car.

shoeless joe
03-08-2024, 10:56 AM

here's your biology teacher that coaches...with no planning period.

word of advice to all young teacher/coaches...if you prove your good at something you'll never get out of it. take that as you will.

msudawg1200
03-08-2024, 11:19 AM
Been teaching/coaching 28 plus years. I teach US History(one for lower level students) which is state tested. Also, coach football and baseball without an off period. I know some coaches like some of y'all speak. They give us all a bad name, and are useless as teats on a boar hog. They aren't smart, barely certified, but because of who their daddy or uncle is get jobs they aren't certified for and suck at it. Off my soapbox now.

Commercecomet24
03-08-2024, 11:27 AM
Been teaching/coaching 28 plus years. I teach US History(one for lower level students) which is state tested. Also, coach football and baseball without an off period. I know some coaches like some of y'all speak. They give us all a bad name, and are useless as teats on a boar hog. They aren't smart, barely certified, but because of who their daddy or uncle is get jobs they aren't certified for and suck at it. Off my soapbox now.

Exactly! My oldest son coaches baseball and football and actually teaches spanish at 2 different schools in the district, so i understand completely what you're saying!

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2024, 11:43 AM
To get us back on topic, I do not give a rats ass what our non conference SOS, RPI, Net, Nitty Gritty, PWI, SVQ, or whatever the hell metric they decide is important this year. It is very simple, perform in conference play against actual teams and we will make the tournament. Fail to perform and we will have a coaching search in May.

Commercecomet24
03-08-2024, 12:23 PM
To get us back on topic, I do not give a rats ass what our non conference SOS, RPI, Net, Nitty Gritty, PWI, SVQ, or whatever the hell metric they decide is important this year. It is very simple, perform in conference play against actual teams and we will make the tournament. Fail to perform and we will have a coaching search in May.

This is what it all boils down too. I guess that's why i don't have much angst about it. It'll all resolve itself. We either win or we have a new head coach next year. Pretty simple.

Homedawg
03-08-2024, 12:54 PM

Yep. Perfectly stated

Goldendawg
03-08-2024, 01:10 PM
We are not at the bottom of the conference. We won the CWS 3 years ago

"Yesterday's Glories Won't Help You Today, You Ought to Retire, Get Out of the Way." Steppenwolf, "Move Over".

Goldendawg
03-08-2024, 01:16 PM

Just finished my third and last career teaching Middle School Social Studies for 11 years. Shared an adjoining room with the HS WBB coach who teachs 7th grade math (tested area). He just won his 5th Championship with 4 runner ups in 14 years coaching at our school at age 40. Has also won county teacher of the year awards. MS schools do have have some great teachers at many levels in this challenging educational world.

FISHDAWG
03-08-2024, 05:02 PM

Troll34 is why.

He keeps things lively during a boring time.... at least give him that which is due ... right or wrong, he stimulates conversation