PDA

View Full Version : Freshman Nolan Stevens

bigbub50
03-06-2024, 10:59 AM
This young man has earned a midweek start or spot in long relief on the weekend.
10 IP, 2 ER, 12 k, and 0 walks. His only knock on the stat line is 9 hits surrendered.

Great confidence builders last night from Siary, Hardin, and Davis against a semi impressive opponent.

Auger is for sure our closer as of now. No earned runs in 8 innings and only 3 hits. Also only 2 walks. He showed some juice last night. And against the lead off man with a 3-2 count delivered strike after strike producing foul balls and then a lazy pop fly.

Didn?t see Loftin last night. I hope we can get him going. Elite off speed pitches when healthy.

HoopsDawg
03-06-2024, 11:10 AM
Stevens is a dude. Need to get him more ABs too.

Stevens, Dotson, and Davis give us options from the left side finally.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 12:16 PM
Stevens absolutely needs more AB's also.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-06-2024, 01:22 PM
Stevens absolutely needs more AB's also.

Lemonis said he wanted to use him last night as a pinch hitter late in the game, but couldn't because he had already pitched.

The Federalist Engineer
03-06-2024, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the Stevens club.

This dude can hit too. No way I would not play him somewhere. Got to bench someone in the Outfield to put Stevens in the game. MSU is only getting three seasons from this guy, play him.

It's a sin that Stevens only has 5 at bats.

HoopsDawg
03-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the Stevens club.

This dude can hit too. No way I would not play him somewhere. Got to bench someone in the Outfield to put Stevens in the game. MSU is only getting three seasons from this guy, play him.

It's a sin that Stevens only has 5 at bats.

You could play Mershon and Larry in the MIF and let Stevens DH.

Or you could just play Stevens over Chance or Hujsak.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2024, 02:25 PM
You could play Mershon and Larry in the MIF and let Stevens DH.

Or you could just play Stevens over Chance or Hujsak.

I wouldn't mess with infield. This defense with Mershon at 2B is as good a college infield defense as i've seen. Kohler, Cupp, Mershon and even ol Hunter are playing extremely well right now.
They're just not making errors. Platoon him in the OF with Chance.

Tbonewannabe
03-06-2024, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't mess with infield. This defense with Mershon at 2B is as good a college infield defense as i've seen. Kohler, Cupp, Mershon and even ol Hunter are playing extremely well right. They're just not making errors. Platoon him with in the OF with Chance.

Hunter has vastly improved on his defense. Gives him a chance to get drafted if he can hit some bombs along with the average being up.

TStationDawg
03-06-2024, 03:23 PM
ABSOLUTELY> I was just mentioning to my son last night (before his last out dig) that ole' Huner is in danger of becoming a good defensive 1B! Hopefully, he didn't have to sacrifice his bat to Jobu to make that happen.....I have a feeling that will return to soon.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-06-2024, 04:31 PM
With Chance, Cupp, and Hujsak all being righthanded, and Nolan Stevens being lefthanded, there could be some opportunities for him to DH or play the outfield.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 05:20 PM
Just let him DH some- he can still pitch. Sit Trout and Cupp here and there. Cupp gonna hit that wall playing everyday

Todd4State
03-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Stevens should play over Hujsack. Move Dakota to CF and let Stevens play RF.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-06-2024, 06:54 PM
Just let him DH some- he can still pitch. Sit Trout and Cupp here and there. Cupp gonna hit that wall playing everyday

We might see a right handed pitcher. You could play Mershon at shortstop and let Stevens DH while Cupp sits. Or Stevens could play in the outfield and sit Hujsak or Chance. That gives Stevens more at-bats and gets a left handed bat into the lineup,

Coach34
03-06-2024, 07:07 PM
Stevens should play over Hujsack.

Bullshit. Chance is our weakest link. I dont get statements like that. Hugesak is literally hitting 50 points higher with an OBP 85 points higher. When SEC guys get up there- Trout wont have a- u got it- chance.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 07:09 PM
We might see a right handed pitcher. You could play Mershon at shortstop and let Stevens DH while Cupp sits. Or Stevens could play in the outfield and sit Hujsak or Chance. That gives Stevens more at-bats and gets a left handed bat into the lineup,

With him pitching- I'm pretty sure they dont want him playing a position as well as a freshman. I wouldnt

cheewgumm
03-06-2024, 08:50 PM
Amen, Steven?s has to play a lot .

Commercecomet24
03-06-2024, 10:11 PM
Bullshit. Chance is our weakest link. I dont get statements like that. Hugesak is literally hitting 50 points higher with an OBP 85 points higher. When SEC guys get up there- Trout wont have a- u got it- chance.

Yeah Hujsak is hitting 500 over the last 7 games as well as walking 3 times and being hbp another 5 times over that same span. Chance was 3 for his last 27 going into last nights game.

You can just about write 6-3 in the scorebook when chance hits.

Coach34
03-06-2024, 10:16 PM
You can just about write 6-3 in the scorebook when chance hits.

nailed it