PDA

View Full Version : Are our maroon baseball caps gone for this year???

TStationDawg
02-28-2024, 03:52 PM
Have they worn them at all?

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2024, 04:08 PM
Saturday against Air Force.

bdfan09
02-28-2024, 04:34 PM
They wore them yesterday, too.

schddog72
02-28-2024, 10:09 PM
It would make me happy if they got rid of horrible looking matte finish batting helmets, and of course they're also in love with those awful white helmets, too. They look no better in baseball than they do on the football field. Leave them with softball . . . . . .

preachermatt83
02-28-2024, 10:37 PM
It would make me happy if they got rid of horrible looking matte finish batting helmets, and of course they're also in love with those awful white helmets, too. They look no better in baseball than they do on the football field. Leave them with softball . . . . . .

That’s your opinion. And you’re free to it. But I disagree. And I am pretty sure most of the team disagrees with you. What they wear is not for us as fans. Geez

Todd4State
02-28-2024, 11:48 PM
That’s your opinion. And you’re free to it. But I disagree. And I am pretty sure most of the team disagrees with you. What they wear is not for us as fans. Geez

Considering that MSU selling merchandise helps the brand it actually kind of is for the fans too.

Todd4State
02-28-2024, 11:51 PM
Yeah. I'm cook with the camo hats for Air Force but for Austin Peay? Nah.

MSU has a good look for baseball. The pinstripes with the MS on the chest and the 1985's both maroon and white top are by far the best. I'm cool with black 1985's on Sunday's with the black hat like we wore in 2019. I don't really dig our Sunday uniforms this year.

confucius say
02-29-2024, 09:53 AM

MSU has a good look for baseball. The pinstripes with the MS on the chest and the 1985's both maroon and white top are by far the best. I'm cool with black 1985's on Sunday's with the black hat like we wore in 2019. I don't really dig our Sunday uniforms this year.

Pins with the MS on the chest
Maroon 85
White 85
Gray button downs
That's the rotation.

If you want 2019 blacks then ok but yes, a black hat.
What we wear on Sunday now looks like 2009. Woof.
We make something so easy so difficult.

Commercecomet24
02-29-2024, 10:11 AM

I love our pinstripe unis! You can never go wrong with pinstripes(unless your vandy, they are hideous, lol). Pins are a classic baseball look and always look good. Our pinstripe unis are awesome!

basedog
02-29-2024, 11:02 AM
I love our pinstripe unis! You can never go wrong with pinstripes(unless your vandy, they are hideous, lol). Pins are a classic baseball look and always look good. Our pinstripe unis are awesome!

Rep my friend!

Maroonthirteen
02-29-2024, 11:11 AM

Maybe it is just the era that I came up in.... but I associate schools with their traditions. Their uniforms, colors and logos. As well as other things, such as fight songs and etc etc. That's because back in my childhood those things rarely changed and did not deviate much if any. You heard the band play the fight song and didn't sit through a rap concert.

I know kids now a days can't wait for the social media drop of the week to see the latest "drip" However for me, when schools do things like wear all black or have all these special additions.... that causes me to have a disconnection from the team I see playing. I'm sure others, this makes no difference but I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't recognize schools when they were colors that aren't theirs.

One game I was listening to, Jim made mention of a pitchers bright glove and Polk complimented the glove but then said he was "out of uniform." That's a good phrase.... out of uniform.

Anways, the kids now a days love it. I hope the kids have a lot of friends and money to support the drip .

confucius say
02-29-2024, 01:19 PM
IMO the traditional blue bloods don't need gimmicky unis. Like a Penn state in football (I would say Bama football but know someone would say we aren't in baseball what Bama is in football).

StarkVegasSteve
02-29-2024, 03:39 PM
After the last two seasons I could give a rats ass if we wear maroon caps, white caps, camo caps, black caps, and orange caps. Throw strikes, compete at the plate, and I could care less.

Coach34
02-29-2024, 03:40 PM
I love the gray unis

HoopsDawg
02-29-2024, 04:01 PM
Wearing camo again today, yuck.

KOdawg1
02-29-2024, 05:43 PM
I don't get the obsession with the camo hats. They were cool vs. Air Force, but we look like a travel ball team.

These jerseys are pretty horrible too.

schddog72
02-29-2024, 10:50 PM

THIS!!

schddog72
02-29-2024, 10:52 PM
IMO the traditional blue bloods don't need gimmicky unis. Like a Penn state in football (I would say Bama football but know someone would say we aren't in baseball what Bama is in football).

DeBoer probably doesn't have the stones to do it, but if there was ever a uni that needs to be updated, it's Bama. Just my opinion, but one I happen to agree with. I gave up on Penn State a long time ago . . . .

Todd4State
03-01-2024, 02:50 AM

The pinstripes with the MS on the chest should be our "big game" uniform like LSU's gold jerseys. Wear it opening day, SBW, the Governor's Cup, SR Championship, CWS Championship, etc. and any other game that is impactful.

Offshore Dawg
03-01-2024, 09:19 AM
DeBoer probably doesn't have the stones to do it, but if there was ever a uni that needs to be updated, it's Bama. Just my opinion, but one I happen to agree with. I gave up on Penn State a long time ago . . . .

can't get more simple than that.

Coach34
03-01-2024, 10:46 AM
The pinstripes with the MS on the chest should be our "big game" uniform like LSU's gold jerseys. Wear it opening day, SBW, the Governor's Cup, SR Championship, CWS Championship, etc. and any other game that is impactful.

Yuck