PDA

View Full Version : Reed Sheppard

somebodyshotmypaw
02-28-2024, 10:08 AM
Let's hope Reed Sheppard heads to the NBA after this season. Many think he will. He will be a problem in this league next year if he is still around.

msstate7
02-28-2024, 10:11 AM
He's border line lottery... he gone

gtowndawg
02-28-2024, 10:24 AM
Is there any chance he's actually the love child of Dereck Abney?

somebodyshotmypaw
02-28-2024, 10:51 AM
Is there any chance he's actually the love child of Dereck Abney?

I'm thinking he's probably the love child of ex-Kentucky basketball player Jeff Sheppard. I remember in the SEC tourney when Jeff Sheppard elevated for a flying dunk from the side (Jeff could leap out of the gym) and Erick Dampier blocked the dunk. That was such a great moment. Of course we were both on our way to the NCAA Final Four. Kentucky won it all.

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2024, 10:59 AM
He is a no doubt lottery pick. Will probably be the second or third college player off the board.

Tripp McNeely
02-28-2024, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking he's probably the love child of ex-Kentucky basketball player Jeff Sheppard. I remember in the SEC tourney when Jeff Sheppard elevated for a flying dunk from the side (Jeff could leap out of the gym) and Erick Dampier blocked the dunk. That was such a great moment. Of course we were both on our way to the NCAA Final Four. Kentucky won it all.

Jeff is literally his dad...and mom played bball at KY too

gtowndawg
02-28-2024, 11:53 AM

Yes, he's Jeff Sheppard's son. I was just joking because the last white guy from Kentucky that we couldn't stop was Dereck Abney.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-28-2024, 11:56 AM
Jeff is literally his dad...and mom played bball at KY too

Yep. I knew that.

RockyDog
02-28-2024, 12:20 PM
Let's hope Reed Sheppard heads to the NBA after this season. Many think he will. He will be a problem in this league next year if he is still around.

Does it matter? They will just reload with another crop of 5 stars and we will continue to lose to them.

Bdawg
02-28-2024, 12:52 PM
Does it matter? They will just reload with another crop of 5 stars and we will continue to lose to them.

You are the wettest of wet blankets for a while now. If we would have had one more guard who was a good shooter( like we were supposed to have) we could have taken them last night. They just got really hot because they are a pretty dang good team. But we showed we are too

Thick
02-28-2024, 04:16 PM
He looks and plays just like his dad

Political Hack
02-28-2024, 06:37 PM
I honestly wish he'd stay and we get to see Hubbard vs Sheppard a few more times. I think they're cloning Sheppards in Lexington.

Coach34
02-28-2024, 07:28 PM
He looks and plays just like his dad

I really hate we lost but we got treated to a great basketball game last night. Plus 2 outstanding freshmen dealing

SpaceBully
02-28-2024, 08:49 PM
He is a no doubt lottery pick. Will probably be the second or third college player off the board.

Could he end up in Memphis? Hope so. We need more deep outside shooting. Not sure what the Grizz's draft position is though.

maroonmania
02-28-2024, 08:59 PM
Saw Sheppard play a couple of weeks ago when KY played Gonzaga. Even though KY lost he was by far the best player on the floor and I knew then he would give us fits. Biggest thing last night though was that KY hit 15 straight free throws in the 2nd half. Eight of those were in the last couple of minutes. I love our team and they gave a great effort last night but we couldn't hit 15 straight free throws if we had 100 tries at it.

schddog72
02-28-2024, 10:06 PM
He's border line lottery... he gone

Respectively disagree. He is exactly the type of kid that (unfortunately for the SEC) will hang around for four years. Thanks to NIL, he will never hurt for $$$ (nor will his family for that matter of fact). Why would he want to go to the grind of the NBA where he will be used and abused every other night by every thug in the league, which is most of them. He will pursue a meaningful degree at UK, have girls falling all over him, and he knows he will be surrounded by 5-star talent at every position. He's living it up right now and having the time of his life; I think he would be crazy to go to the NBA or any other professional league and I'll bet his mom and dad would tell him the same thing.

Commercecomet24
02-29-2024, 10:15 AM
I really hate we lost but we got treated to a great basketball game last night. Plus 2 outstanding freshmen dealing

That game had the look and feel of an ncaa tournament game! The atmosphere was amazing!

basedog
02-29-2024, 11:06 AM
Sheppard is one cool and under control basketball player. One of the best-looking freshman guards I've seen play in a vey long time! Talk about confidence!

Maroonthirteen
02-29-2024, 11:17 AM
I think he is better than his dad. Jeff was good but this kid is phenomenal. Or at least the other night he was.

StarkVegasSteve
02-29-2024, 12:14 PM
Respectively disagree. He is exactly the type of kid that (unfortunately for the SEC) will hang around for four years. Thanks to NIL, he will never hurt for $$$ (nor will his family for that matter of fact). Why would he want to go to the grind of the NBA where he will be used and abused every other night by every thug in the league, which is most of them. He will pursue a meaningful degree at UK, have girls falling all over him, and he knows he will be surrounded by 5-star talent at every position. He's living it up right now and having the time of his life; I think he would be crazy to go to the NBA or any other professional league and I'll bet his mom and dad would tell him the same thing.

Because a mil in NIL is chump change to what he will make in NIL. The league minimum in the NBA is 1.1 million. Being in the lottery he will make roughly 4 to 5 times that PER YEAR. And that is just on court. Add in endorsements and he will be clearing 6-7 mil a year. He would be incredibly stupid to not go to the highest level of basketball in the world.

parabrave
02-29-2024, 12:20 PM

Because you get the money when you can. You never know what will happen next year and you can always go back to college.

basedog
02-29-2024, 12:28 PM
Because you get the money when you can. You never know what will happen next year and you can always go back to college.

If he is a lottery pick, I don't think he can get that kinda money from the NIL, even if so, his stock want or can't get better with being a very top pick. He ca always go get his degree if need be but you can't always predict being in the NBA. Just saying.

parabrave
02-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Are rookie contracts guaranteed for the NBA??

StarkVegasSteve
02-29-2024, 03:37 PM
Are rookie contracts guaranteed for the NBA??

All first rd picks are guaranteed, which he will most definitely be.

klong-dog
02-29-2024, 05:42 PM
Jeff could jump out of the gym, he was more athletic but Reed is dang baller. Seems like a cool kid as well.

schddog72
02-29-2024, 10:47 PM
Because a mil in NIL is chump change to what he will make in NIL. The league minimum in the NBA is 1.1 million. Being in the lottery he will make roughly 4 to 5 times that PER YEAR. And that is just on court. Add in endorsements and he will be clearing 6-7 mil a year. He would be incredibly stupid to not go to the highest level of basketball in the world.

Well, if he goes to the NBA, he'll earn every dollar he is paid. One thing about the NBA, he'll probably be able to fill it up from outside since nobody in that league plays defense. Still, I'm going on the record and say he doesn't come out this year. I see him being at UK for at least one, maybe two more years. I DO hope I'm wrong, though!!