PDA

View Full Version : Thank You from a GS Eagle

Hometown Eagle
02-26-2024, 08:16 PM
I just wanted to come on here and say "Thanks" for a great weekend of baseball. Even though we lost 2 of 3, the weekend was well worth the time it took to drive to Starkville from Statesboro, GA. From the time that we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by so many MSU fans who said they were glad we made the trip. Of course, we received numerous invitations to the Left Field Lounge area and experienced a great amount of hospitality while there, along with many recommendations of places to eat after the games. And to top it off we had the opportunity to speak with Coach Polk who was at Georgia Southern prior to MSU (even though I was a 9 year old chasing foul balls back then!) And Dudy Noble Field is the best venue outside a major league park I have ever watched a game at!!

Again, it is hard to enjoy something when your team loses 2 of 3 but all said it was a great trip. Hope to one day make it back!!

Hail Southern and Hail State!!!

secfan22
02-27-2024, 12:49 PM
I just wanted to come on here and say "Thanks" for a great weekend of baseball. Even though we lost 2 of 3, the weekend was well worth the time it took to drive to Starkville from Statesboro, GA. From the time that we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed by so many MSU fans who said they were glad we made the trip. Of course, we received numerous invitations to the Left Field Lounge area and experienced a great amount of hospitality while there, along with many recommendations of places to eat after the games. And to top it off we had the opportunity to speak with Coach Polk who was at Georgia Southern prior to MSU (even though I was a 9 year old chasing foul balls back then!) And Dudy Noble Field is the best venue outside a major league park I have ever watched a game at!!

Again, it is hard to enjoy something when your team loses 2 of 3 but all said it was a great trip. Hope to one day make it back!!

Glad you enjoyed! I live in this area, but my son played college football at Southern. He played for Fritz.

confucius say
02-27-2024, 01:22 PM
Glad it was a good experience.
Good luck rest of the year.

basedog
02-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Very nice of you to post Hometown Eagle. As you saw lots of tradition at Dudy Noble! Good Luck for your GS team!

Saltydog
02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
IF we can ever get back to a regional and host, you should drive over. That stadium with 15K fans at a night game is a sight to see.

Todd4State
02-27-2024, 11:54 PM

Just don't eat food from the Left Field Lounge. It makes some of our fans mad.**

Count Istvan Teleky
02-29-2024, 08:39 PM
The GSU presence was evident in the stands - a good contingent representing.

Also, shout out to your AD Jared Benko, an MSU alum.

BrunswickDawg
02-29-2024, 10:06 PM
Hope y'all have a great season down on the shores of Beautiful Eagle Creek. My grandmother lived in Statesboro and I spent a lot of time there in the 80s and always rooted for them. Even enjoyed a couple of weeks of baseball camp under the great Coach Jack Stallings.