PDA

View Full Version : GSU Sunday game

msstate7
02-25-2024, 02:57 PM
I'm watching, but this is tough. I'm looking for a glimmer of hope to stay positive, but I just don't see it right now

parabrave
02-25-2024, 02:59 PM
1-0 early, them. And pitchers unless the ball is headed towards your face don't try to field a burner.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2024, 03:06 PM
I'm watching too and I agree with your assessment. I still have some hope but it's fading. Our hitters approaches outside of Mershon absolutely suck! Our rh hitters ground out to ss or strike out and our lh hitters ground out to second or strikeout! I've never seen a team so locked into pulling every thing! Hive mentality I guess! This pull everything approach ain't working!

parabrave
02-25-2024, 03:24 PM
Sdammit if we can't get 2 out of this then &*^%&*I(

parabrave
02-25-2024, 03:24 PM
And just like that boom.

redstickdawg
02-25-2024, 03:25 PM
that was charmin soft at bat, 3 swings at 3 balls in the opposite batters box

Commercecomet24
02-25-2024, 03:31 PM
Chance is about the only hitter we have that responds with runners on base. Dakota and Hines(especially him) ain't getting it done right now.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2024, 03:47 PM
Mershon and Chance playing with some stones! The rest need to catch up!

Leroy Jenkins
02-25-2024, 03:50 PM
Love the way Mershon plays.

State82
02-25-2024, 04:20 PM
Love the way Mershon plays.
4 hits today.

Commercecomet24
02-25-2024, 04:22 PM
"Stones" Mershon! Dudes a dirtbag and gritty as heck! Would the rest of the team please follow his example!

msstate7
02-25-2024, 04:41 PM
Hopefully chance's 3-rbi double is the point that state baseball returned

Commercecomet24
02-25-2024, 04:53 PM
Hopefully chance's 3-rbi double is the point that state baseball returned

Yep and Hujsak had some big abs today. One can hope! We gotta ways to go.

MetEdDawg
02-25-2024, 05:39 PM
I'm still not understanding our lineup. Don't think we are maximizing it

I think we should be going:

Mershon
Chance
Jordan
Hines
Larry
Kohler

Then whoever else we want. I'm just not understanding this. The two guys we have that hit it best and control the bat the best are Mershon and Chance. Why would we not maximize their ability to impact the game and provide them some protection with Jordan and Hines?

Coach34
02-25-2024, 06:22 PM
Then whoever else we want. I'm just not understanding this. The two guys we have that hit it best and control the bat the best are Mershon and Chance. Why would we not maximize their ability to impact the game and provide them some protection with Jordan and Hines?

What? Larry is hitting .382 with 5 XBH's in 8 games. Bryce Trout is hitting .267 with 3 XBH's. I dont get him hitting higher than 7th in the order really. People getting on HugeSak's ass- and it's warranted- is only 17 points lower than Trout with one less XBH

One of our bigger problems is Jordan's 12 K's already. That's terrible. My line-up would be:

Mershon
Larry (Flip these 2 against LHP's...and yes I know Dirtbag switch hits)
Skinny Hines
Jordan
Kohler
HugeSak
Trout
Long
Cupp

Todd4State
02-25-2024, 06:22 PM
I'm still not understanding our lineup. Don't think we are maximizing it

I think we should be going:

Mershon
Chance
Jordan
Hines
Larry
Kohler

I like your lineup

MetEdDawg
02-25-2024, 06:40 PM
What? Larry is hitting .382 with 5 XBH's in 8 games. Bryce Trout is hitting .267 with 3 XBH's. I dont get him hitting higher than 7th in the order really. People getting on HugeSak's ass- and it's warranted- is only 17 points lower than Trout with one less XBH

One of our bigger problems is Jordan's 12 K's already. That's terrible. My line-up would be:

Mershon
Larry (Flip these 2 against LHP's...and yes I know Dirtbag switch hits)
Skinny Hines
Jordan
Kohler
HugeSak
Trout
Long
Cupp

Larry hits for more power and I think can hit better without protection. In the 5 hole with Kohler behind him, for now that spot is going to be able to be attacked more. I like Larry's experience in that circumstance better than Chance.

I like balancing our lineup this way because Larry protects Hines and Jordan from a power perspective too. Chance to me is the better all fields bat. He gets some help from Jordan too.

I might would consider moving Cupp to 8th and putting someone else in the 9 hole. Maybe Hujsak. Get him in front of Mershon and give him some better pitches to hit.

smootness
02-25-2024, 06:41 PM
Lineup order does not really matter. Just need guys to hit.

Coach34
02-25-2024, 06:52 PM
Larry hits for more power and I think can hit better without protection. In the 5 hole with Kohler behind him, for now that spot is going to be able to be attacked more. I like Larry's experience in that circumstance better than Chance.

I like balancing our lineup this way because Larry protects Hines and Jordan from a power perspective too. Chance to me is the better all fields bat. He gets some help from Jordan too.

I might would consider moving Cupp to 8th and putting someone else in the 9 hole. Maybe Hujsak. Get him in front of Mershon and give him some better pitches to hit.

I like having a guy leading off with a little pop- but obviously the key component is a guy that gets on base. I wouldnt be opposed to sliding Larry back because of his pop- but I just think we need to get some others AB's along with Chance. Get Downs some more AB's and a couple others.

cheewgumm
02-25-2024, 07:23 PM
Mershon
Chance
Hines
DJ
Koehler
Larry
Hushak
The catcher
others

Hines need to see some fastballs

CaptainObvious
02-25-2024, 07:38 PM
Yawn. Wake me when our batters start having success against Friday and Saturday and Sunday STARTERS, not when they finally get into the bullpen on SUNDAY in the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th.

Todd4State
02-25-2024, 08:52 PM
We really need to go on a ten game winning streak from here on out until we play LSU. I could tolerate a loss to USM but I wouldn't like it. I guess if you include today it would be 11 but who's counting?

It does seem like we've found some reliable arms in the bullpen though with Black, Auger, and Schuelke and maybe Cheatham. We need to see what we have with Simmons. And it seems like we have a decent rotation with Dohm, Loo, and Stephen. Need to get Holcombe, Ligon, Loftin, and Pico going too.

Gautreau needs to start shifting our approach. And if we do this could come together but it won't be that pretty.

Lord McBuckethead
02-25-2024, 08:59 PM
Hines is Mr Longball. Dude literally will not put a ball in play the other direction and he needs to look to all fields.

Coach34
02-25-2024, 09:23 PM
Hines is Mr Longball. Dude literally will not put a ball in play the other direction and he needs to look to all fields.

If I was Lemon- I would walk Hines out to LCF and introduce him to it. He needs to meet it before he leaves StarkVegas

The Federalist Engineer
02-25-2024, 09:50 PM
Liked the new CF today. Need to find the guy to claim RF.

Coach34
02-25-2024, 09:52 PM
Liked the new CF today. Need to find the guy to claim RF.

Our LF'er is hitting .267- is that position really settled?