PDA

View Full Version : Apparently our pitching woes have more to do with names on backd

CaptainObvious
02-24-2024, 03:15 PM
Instead of pitching Coaches

DownwardDawg
02-24-2024, 03:17 PM
Wow. Just saw the score. Is the the same dude that pitched last Saturday that looked so good?

trob115
02-24-2024, 03:20 PM
He was sitting middle middle with everything. He's going to get hammered if he doesn't locate better

basedog
02-24-2024, 03:21 PM
Kinda shocking. Gotta swing the bats big time now.

RocketDawg
02-24-2024, 03:31 PM
Just tuned in to watch for a couple minutes.

Is the pitching mound mostly fake dirt now? It looks pretty shiny except for a streak from the rubber toward the batter.

msstate7
02-24-2024, 03:38 PM
Why, why, why??!!!! You're in scoring position! F!

mparkerfd20
02-24-2024, 03:38 PM
We have some stupid ****ing ball players

Leroy Jenkins
02-24-2024, 03:39 PM
"Never make the first or last out....." we all know the rest.

Tbonewannabe
02-24-2024, 03:39 PM
We make little league errors on the bases.

Saltydog
02-24-2024, 03:44 PM
Lotta truth in that Cap'n. So much for pound the zone, huh?

Leroy Jenkins
02-24-2024, 03:50 PM
Charlie on the broadcast... "That's not Hardin is it?"

Leeshouldveflanked
02-24-2024, 03:57 PM
There is just an obvious team wide lack of talent.

No BS Dawg
02-24-2024, 03:58 PM
This team is just not good. I?m here and there is no emotion, nobody can hit the soft tossing lefty, we can?t run bases, and Selmon is 20 feet away from me watching this shit show. Hopefully he is taking plenty of notes.

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2024, 03:59 PM
Well the good news is we will not have to worry about this team turning things around and doing enough to keep Lemonis another year. At this rate we should easily be able to fire him by mid to late April.

maroonmania
02-24-2024, 04:00 PM
Kinda shocking. Gotta swing the bats big time now.

Yea, like that's going to really happen.

redstickdawg
02-24-2024, 04:01 PM
Well the good news is we will not have to worry about this team turning things around and doing enough to keep Lemonis another year. At this rate we should easily be able to fire him by mid to late April.

He should be fired Monday.

Brobi-wan
02-24-2024, 04:04 PM
Okay. I’m over it. Fire his fat a$$ and move on. I thought he might have it in him to turn it around. I was wrong. Bye Lemonis. Great recruiter, obviously a poor developer.

99jc
02-24-2024, 04:07 PM
He should be fired Monday.

why wait until Monday

CaptainObvious
02-24-2024, 04:10 PM
why wait until Monday

Can we retroactively fire him the day his buyout dropped? That wouldn't be a minute too soon or too late.

No BS Dawg
02-24-2024, 04:15 PM
Hardin pitching. Guess coaches have decided to play for tomorrow.

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2024, 04:21 PM
why wait until Monday

Because we have waited two years too long already. What is another 6 weeks really going to do. This is not going to be a Henderson type turnaround. That team had dirtbags and BASEBALL players. We have individual athletes who happen to play baseball. These guys make fundamental errors at the rate of a 9U rec team.

maroonmania
02-24-2024, 04:27 PM
I am starting to think this team may actually be worse than the previous two. Unreal.

msstate7
02-24-2024, 04:29 PM
We're gonna fire him the same year Bianco is fired/retired. Not sure I like competing with them over a coach

msstate7
02-24-2024, 04:30 PM
There's no defending lemonis anymore. Anyone taking up for him at this point is family or his gay lover

Leeshouldveflanked
02-24-2024, 04:30 PM
Need to start pulling some NIL $$$ as well

msstate7
02-24-2024, 04:31 PM
Need to start pulling some NIL $$$ as well

Send it to Jans, who is the best coach on campus

magrooder
02-24-2024, 04:35 PM
What a great rundown. smh.

maroonmania
02-24-2024, 04:41 PM
There's no defending lemonis anymore. Anyone taking up for him at this point is family or his gay lover

At this point I'm not even sure he would defend himself. After 2 bad years we seem to have reached a new level of suckage. Hard to believe MSU baseball is to the point where I can't even stand to watch it but we are pretty much there for me.

DownwardDawg
02-24-2024, 04:43 PM
Send it to Jans, who is the best coach on campus

Lebby may have something to say about that. Hopefully

StarkVegasSteve
02-24-2024, 04:45 PM
At this point I'm not even sure he would defend himself. After 2 bad years we seem to have reached a new level of suckage. Hard to believe MSU baseball is to the point where I can't even stand to watch it but we are pretty much there for me.

I am not sure this team could beat even the worst Cohen team. Those teams sucked but they had some DAWGS on them.

msstate7
02-24-2024, 04:48 PM
Lebby may have something to say about that. Hopefully

He could, but I have a hard time seeing urban Meyer competing here vs our opponents in the NIL era. We just poor

maroonmania
02-24-2024, 04:48 PM
Maybe we will get 10 run ruled and end the misery early today. Geez.

maroonmania
02-24-2024, 05:06 PM
This team just can't have a big inning. Get 3 runs and still have bases loaded with one out and can't score again.

smootness
02-24-2024, 05:13 PM
Guys, do not worry. Another team is also losing.

Todd4State
02-24-2024, 11:14 PM

Are you hearing rumors about that possibly happening? Because I'm starting to hear things that sound like the start of things.

Maroonthirteen
02-24-2024, 11:17 PM
There is just an obvious team wide lack of talent.

Hate to tell y'all, State baseball has the same problem recruiting as State football and basketball and ... on and on.

maroonmania
02-24-2024, 11:26 PM
Hate to tell y'all, State baseball has the same problem recruiting as State football and basketball and ... on and on.

When you aren't able to finish in the top half of the SEC but still have a pretty good team then that is a recruiting problem. When you are missing the SEC tournament altogether in consecutive seasons and routinely losing to no names like we've already started out doing this season then that is a culture problem.

The Federalist Engineer
02-24-2024, 11:34 PM
We're gonna fire him the same year Bianco is fired/retired. Not sure I like competing with them over a coach

McD might be running to OM's arms because his program is dying in Louisville. Wonder if OM actually wants him now. They would be getting Lemons as their Recruiting Guru and maybe Foxhall as the PC.

Todd4State
02-24-2024, 11:53 PM
McD might be running to OM's arms because his program is dying in Louisville. Wonder if OM actually wants him now. They would be getting Lemons as their Recruiting Guru and maybe Foxhall as the PC.

We really aren't that lucky.

TNDawg35
02-24-2024, 11:59 PM

OM gonna go all in on Godwin I’m sure. I doubt he leaves ECU for them tho.

The Federalist Engineer
02-25-2024, 12:08 AM
When you aren't able to finish in the top half of the SEC but still have a pretty good team then that is a recruiting problem. When you are missing the SEC tournament altogether in consecutive seasons and routinely losing to no names like we've already started out doing this season then that is a culture problem.

An argument here:

MSU is not just losing to UTK, LSU, and Arkansas. They do recruit and portal better than MSU.

Team is Losing to everyone nowadays and finishing Last or about last in the SEC.

It's more like Lemons and Goat can't evaluate worth shit. Look at the damaged Miami pitcher.

Also MSU in prior years rolled with un-recruited guys like Ross Mitchell, Luis Pollorena, Brett Pirtle, Jonathan Holder, Cody Brown, Jake Vickerson, and Brent Rooker. Cohen and Butch could identify warriors that nobody wanted.

TheLostDawg
02-25-2024, 08:41 AM
An argument here:

MSU is not just losing to UTK, LSU, and Arkansas. They do recruit and portal better than MSU.

Team is Losing to everyone nowadays and finishing Last or about last in the SEC.

It's more like Lemons and Goat can't evaluate worth shit. Look at the damaged Miami pitcher.

Also MSU in prior years rolled with un-recruited guys like Ross Mitchell, Luis Pollorena, Brett Pirtle, Jonathan Holder, Cody Brown, Jake Vickerson, and Brent Rooker. Cohen and Butch could identify warriors that nobody wanted.

Yes and we're not recruiting as well.. really? Who would want to come play for him. Get a new coach and we should climb right back up. Yes other schools have a lot of nil but they also spend a lot of that elsewhere. At least our next coach will see the potential and we're catching up. Cohen not doing squat to help for us really behind