PDA

View Full Version : Parker looks to have been a good hire.

Leroy Jenkins
02-23-2024, 07:37 PM
Huge difference so far this young season.

basedog
02-23-2024, 07:46 PM
No doubt.

Coach34
02-23-2024, 07:51 PM
Yes. Staff looks completely different

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:14 PM
Night and day difference in the pitching from the last 2 years. Parker is earning his paycheck

The Federalist Engineer
02-23-2024, 09:09 PM
Jackson Fristoe and JC Hunt could have been pretty good players with Parker coaching. Other than Cade, nobody else survived Turkey Neck

Todd4State
02-23-2024, 09:12 PM
Jackson Fristoe and JC Hunt could have been pretty good players with Parker coaching. Other than Cade, nobody else survived Turkey Neck

Same could be said for Cerentola and Parker Stinnett could have been solid

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 09:43 PM
Same could be said for Cerentola and Parker Stinnett could have been solid

Right! It's ridiculous to have guys with great stuff nibble at hitters! Just let them attack and their stuff take care of the hitters! You put them behind in counts and walking hitters and it negates their stuff!

basedog
02-23-2024, 09:47 PM

Cade is doing well.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 10:42 PM
Cade is doing well.

Hope to see him on a big league mound in the near future!

basedog
02-23-2024, 10:56 PM
Hope to see him on a big league mound in the near future!

Thanks, the pitcher/catcher camp he got invited to was a plus a few weeks ago.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 11:31 PM
Thanks, the pitcher/catcher camp he got invited to was a plus a few weeks ago.

Man wishing him nothing but success! He's got the mentality and stuff to make it!

preachermatt83
02-24-2024, 02:05 AM
Absolutely correct. He and he alone is why we will make the tournament

Todd4State
02-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Absolutely correct. He and he alone is why we will make the tournament

I think we make the tournament too.

The real question for Lemonis is that good enough to save him? I don't think it is personally because I think we're going to have a roller coaster of a season like Ron Polk II with a losing SEC record- I'm guessing 12-18 and a 3 seed somewhere.

Todd4State
02-24-2024, 02:12 AM
Right! It's ridiculous to have guys with great stuff nibble at hitters! Just let them attack and their stuff take care of the hitters! You put them behind in counts and walking hitters and it negates their stuff!

I went to the Air Force series and it was sooo nice to watch us actually attack and see different types of arms throwing out there. We have similar amounts of K's as last year but we are so much more efficient than we were.

ZedFedder
02-24-2024, 10:22 AM
I think we may be able to turn it around.

PGHBulldogBG
02-24-2024, 10:32 AM
If Lemonis makes the tournament he deserves to keep his job. If he does not make it, then we need to move on. I think it’s pretty black and white and I’m pretty sure Selmon sees it that way too. I am just in wait and see mode on how we should handle him until we can know for sure whether we make the tournament or not. It is still way too early to tell, but because we have a weak non conference schedule I would think we will need 15-15 in SEC which will be a challenge.

Cowbell
02-24-2024, 11:53 AM
Is he a potential HC candidate? I hate to lose a solid pitching coach because we delayed a HC change.

Lord McBuckethead
02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
We are going to go 12-18 in SEC play, so we may not want to lose anymore to directional schools.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-24-2024, 04:01 PM
We are going to go 12-18 in SEC play, so we may not want to lose anymore to directional schools.

I doubt we win 6-8 SEC games. There is a very large void of talent on this team.

State82
02-24-2024, 04:46 PM
Well this thread has aged well has it not?

MaroonFlounder
02-24-2024, 05:17 PM
Huge difference so far this young season.

Will Parker leave for a different program since this one is a dumpster fire?

Pancho
02-26-2024, 07:40 AM
I'm leaning toward the new HC wanting to retain him.

Johnson85
02-26-2024, 12:06 PM
I think we make the tournament too.

The real question for Lemonis is that good enough to save him? I don't think it is personally because I think we're going to have a roller coaster of a season like Ron Polk II with a losing SEC record- I'm guessing 12-18 and a 3 seed somewhere.

Maybe I've been been chicken little but going 4-4 against air force, Austin Peay, and Georgia Southern doesn't scream tournament team to me? I know we may not be as bad as we look so far, but are we really going to win enough in SEC play to make up for being mediocre against a weak OOC schedule?

Todd4State
02-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Maybe I've been been chicken little but going 4-4 against air force, Austin Peay, and Georgia Southern doesn't scream tournament team to me? I know we may not be as bad as we look so far, but are we really going to win enough in SEC play to make up for being mediocre against a weak OOC schedule?

Maybe, maybe not. 12 wins would be the bubble. We need to go on a winning streak now. Gautreau does this same crap every year and then we improve. I'm siding on history for now. Pitching was a big reason for two of our losses. I think we have OK starters and we've found some guys that we can rely on in the bullpen.

The Federalist Engineer
02-27-2024, 01:18 PM
Maybe, maybe not. 12 wins would be the bubble. We need to go on a winning streak now. Gautreau does this same crap every year and then we improve. I'm siding on history for now. Pitching was a big reason for two of our losses. I think we have OK starters and we've found some guys that we can rely on in the bullpen.

Jackson State - W
Mount Saint Mary - x3 W

Need to be 8-4 next week. Easy games, maybe Larry to RF if the kid can do it. Then Mershon to 2B. That way MSU can put another high-ceiling bat in the game at DH, like Stevens.

basedog
02-27-2024, 02:06 PM
Jackson State - W
Mount Saint Mary - x3 W

Need to be 8-4 next week. Easy games, maybe Larry to RF if the kid can do it. Then Mershon to 2B. That way MSU can put another high-ceiling bat in the game at DH, like Stevens.

We most definitely need to win the next four games, gotta get a winning streak going!

The Federalist Engineer
02-28-2024, 03:53 AM
Just did some number crunching- the Out of Conference era last year was 4.41 including Midweek-OM, Oklahoma, Ohio State, USM for 2023.

This year OOC, the ERA is 4.78 thus far

In the SEC rank 3rd from the bottom in pitching ERA, not so good when you consider the competition. Most HRs and near the highest batting average against. Missouri is the worst statistical staff, but has more competitive OCC opponents, nearly all away games in California.

bulldogcountry1
02-28-2024, 08:35 AM
When I watch our pitching, I want to feel like it's much better. Maybe I'm just happy we aren't walking everyone. I do think we have some good arms. The major problem is that our portal haul and Holcombe aren't getting it done.