Coach34
02-23-2024, 06:16 PM
LSU ace Hurd takes the loss

DownwardDawg
02-23-2024, 07:02 PM
Stop

BeardoMSU
02-23-2024, 07:07 PM
OM currently getting deep dicked by....[checks notes]....

High Point

Coach34
02-23-2024, 07:41 PM
Kentucky loses to Washington St

smootness
02-23-2024, 07:42 PM
This is so stupid

Coach34
02-23-2024, 07:46 PM
Mississippi loses to High Point

RezDog7
02-23-2024, 07:55 PM
Even though this does not at all help me feel better about our shitty play, it does beg the question, WTH is going on in the SEC right now.

Homedawg
02-23-2024, 07:58 PM
Two not great starts from hurd

KOdawg1
02-23-2024, 08:14 PM
This is comical

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:15 PM
Om losing to high point. Never even heard of them. The only high point I know is a gun maker lol

Cooterpoot
02-23-2024, 08:18 PM
Mississippi loses to High Point
Their appliances aren't even good*

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:18 PM
College baseball is more competitive than ever. There's upsets going on left right. The minor league reduction and the Covid effect is putting more very good players in college ball now. These mid majors have guys throwing in mid 90s just like the big boys also some pretty dang good hitters. Parity is in college baseball more than any sport now. Kinda fun to watch.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:19 PM
Their appliances aren't even good*

Lol!! Guns aren't either but the hand guns are so heavy if it jams you can just beat the crap out of someone with it!!!

BeardoMSU
02-23-2024, 08:25 PM
Lol!! Guns aren't either but the hand guns are so heavy if it jams you can just beat the crap out of someone with it!!!

I initially posted a "killed by a Hi-point" meme, but I didn't want to end up on Message Board Geniuses, lol. Hence the edit.

Coach34
02-23-2024, 08:26 PM
This is comical

We've been constantly hearing about how the SEC improved but we didnt. So this will be a constant all season long

Coach34
02-23-2024, 08:28 PM
Even though this does not at all help me feel better about our shitty play, it does beg the question, WTH is going on in the SEC right now.

Ugly start for the SEC all the way around

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:28 PM
I initially posted a "killed by a Hi-point" meme, but I didn't want to end up on Message Board Geniuses, lol. Hence the edit.

Ah dude you should've left it!

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:31 PM
Kennesaw State beat number 10 Clemson 18-1. College baseball is off to a crazy start

Coach34
02-23-2024, 08:32 PM
Kennesaw State beat number 10 Clemson 18-1. College baseball is off to a crazy start

So Clemson needs to look for a new coach it appears according to Elitedawg logic

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:33 PM

Not just the sec it's all over college baseball. As I said in another post the mlb draft reduction is putting players in college ball who would've been on minor league rosters just a few years ago. The talent is not just going to the big boys anymore it's being spread out

Coach34
02-23-2024, 08:36 PM
Not just the sec it's all over college baseball. As I said in another post the mlb draft reduction is putting players in college ball who would've been on minor league rosters just a few years ago. The talent is not just going to the big boys anymore it's being spread out

This and many of our fans have no idea

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 08:39 PM
This and many of our fans have no idea

Most people just watch their team and don't look at anyone else, so they have a very narrow view . I love baseball so I tend to watch a lot and I see the leveling of the playing field that's been happening across college baseball. We have work to do for sure.

Baseball is just different than other sports. You have to study it and most fans don't have the patience to do it

Thick
02-23-2024, 09:18 PM
It?s a private Methodist school about 25 miles away from Wake Forest. My nephew plays soccer there. Really nice facilities. Met Tubby Smith (he doesn?t coach there now) on my nephew?s official visit (yes I was invited to attend). Lots of wealthy alumni.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2024, 09:21 PM
It?s a private Methodist school about 25 miles away from Wake Forest. My nephew plays soccer there. Really nice facilities. Met Tubby Smith (he doesn?t coach there now) on my nephew?s official visit (yes I was invited to attend). Lots of wealthy alumni.

Nice. Cool info. Was Tubby nice?

But how would they feel being associated on a message board with one of the crappiest handguns in existence?***

PGHBulldogBG
02-23-2024, 09:27 PM
It seems the SEC is down as a whole. This seems like a year we could get a coastal Carolina type team to win it

Commercecomet24
02-23-2024, 09:40 PM

I'm definitely a high point fan this weekend!

basedog
02-23-2024, 09:45 PM
Glad we won, hope we keep it going before Sec play. Our best pitcher tomorrow, anxious to watch his second start.

Dawgface
02-23-2024, 09:51 PM
So Clemson needs to look for a new coach it appears according to Elitedawg logic

Ha. Sticking up for your fat ass incompetent buddy.

msudawg1200
02-23-2024, 10:01 PM
The White Sox lost to the Cubs today

CaptainObvious
02-23-2024, 10:02 PM
It seems the SEC is down as a whole. This seems like a year we could get a coastal Carolina type team to win it

Hmmm. The SEC is down? Seems like a great opportunity for a underachieving coach to turn his team around and make hay since his competition has softened. Too bad we don't have a Coach who can take advantage of a down SEC because the one we have sucked so bad at recruiting talent and then meshing them into a well oiled machine!
Oh well. Looks like Lemonis will lead his charges to the bottom of the SEC again when all the SEC teams ahead of his are sucking it up!

CaptainObvious
02-23-2024, 10:09 PM
I'm sure 34 will acknowledge the talent on the LA Lakers and say based on Elitedawgs basketball gurus they should never ever lose a game. Good teams lose games: acknowledged! When they were NOT a good team last year or the year before, and start slowly after too horrible years, there are or were likely changes made. LSU wasn't horrible before they got a new coach. Not surprised UK got beat. Vandy, Florida, LSU, TCU, And the better teams have bought some leeway. Lemonis, not so much.

preachermatt83
02-24-2024, 02:07 AM
OM currently getting deep dicked by....[checks notes]....

High Point

They are awful. Very well may be the worst baseball team I?ve ever seen in the sec. And that?s saying a lot. They are literally AWFUL! If they win 6 games in sec play I?d be shocked

Todd4State
02-24-2024, 02:22 AM
Most people just watch their team and don't look at anyone else, so they have a very narrow view . I love baseball so I tend to watch a lot and I see the leveling of the playing field that's been happening across college baseball. We have work to do for sure.

Baseball is just different than other sports. You have to study it and most fans don't have the patience to do it

SEC teams are also figuring out their lineups like we are. Sometimes they're going to throw a pitcher who is absolutely going to get shelled and will pitch very little the rest of the year. The lineups won't be set. Things can happen. But when the rubber meets the road and it's regional time- the cream will rise to the top.

I think we would see a lot fewer upsets if the NCAA allowed college baseball teams to have a one weekend 4-5 game exhibition season. We could play someone like Delta State and figure out some things about our team and if Delta State beats us in a game it wouldn't matter. For example- the game we lost to Air Force- if he had been stretched out a little more we probably leave him in the game and we win.

You almost have to treat the first four weeks as an exhibition season if you are a SEC team but the problem is those games count and it has impact on the postseason.

R2Dawg
02-24-2024, 08:04 AM
SEC teams are also figuring out their lineups like we are. Sometimes they're going to throw a pitcher who is absolutely going to get shelled and will pitch very little the rest of the year. The lineups won't be set. Things can happen. But when the rubber meets the road and it's regional time- the cream will rise to the top.

I think we would see a lot fewer upsets if the NCAA allowed college baseball teams to have a one weekend 4-5 game exhibition season. We could play someone like Delta State and figure out some things about our team and if Delta State beats us in a game it wouldn't matter. For example- the game we lost to Air Force- if he had been stretched out a little more we probably leave him in the game and we win.

You almost have to treat the first four weeks as an exhibition season if you are a SEC team but the problem is those games count and it has impact on the postseason.

This is true a lot in baseball especially with pitching. Similar with what Jans did in out of conf. basketball too. Play Southern again right now, we beat them soundly.

Thick
02-24-2024, 09:41 AM
High Pointe athletic department representative picked us up and the first coach was Tubby. He took us in his office, sat at his coaches round table and we were with him for 45 minutes. One of the nicest, most courteous coaches I’ve ever been with. Hell he followed us to the elevators, and was still talking to us about everything related to High Pointe. It was pretty damn cool. We spent more time with him then their soccer coach, and that’s the program we were there to see.