PDA

View Full Version : AU offensive starters, star ranking..

HoopsDawg
12-08-2013, 01:41 AM
LT: Greg Robinson, 4 star
LG: Alex Kozan, 3 star
C: Reese Dismukes, 4 star
RG: Chad Slade, 3 star
RT: Avery Young, 5 star
TE: Brandon Fulse, 4 star

QB: Nick Marshall, 4 star
RB: Trey Mason, 4 star

WR: Ricardo Lewis, 4 star
WR: Trovon Reed, 5 star
WR: Sammy Coates, 3 star

Quan Bray plays a lot and he was a 4 star as well.

A lot of talent out there. Their O-line recruiting is interesting b/c they have 3 five star players on their bench.

smootness
12-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Auburn definitely has a lot of talent; anyone who thinks Malzahn took a group of misfits to the national title game out of nowhere isn't basing that in reality. It just so happens their previous coach was awful.

And OL recruiting has always been weird...seems to be the position at which the highest number of guys come from middling ratings to stars. You always see several top-rated OL in the draft who were 3-stars or worse.

engie
12-08-2013, 01:50 AM
I pointed this out before we played them this year... There's even more talent on the defensive side -- and in the 2-deep.

Todd4State
12-08-2013, 01:56 AM
You get what you pay for. And I'm not talking about Mahlzahn.

DownwardDawg
12-08-2013, 07:37 AM
I pointed this out before we played them this year... There's even more talent on the defensive side -- and in the 2-deep.

Hell, I pointed this out too before the season started over on 24/7 sports. I didn't understand why everyone thought Auburn would suck. Lots of talent with an outstanding coaching staff. I never saw them playing for the NC but I thought they would be an 8-4 to 9-3 type team.

Dawgfan77
12-08-2013, 07:46 AM
The OL coach is none other than JB Grimes the OL coach under Croom.

maroonmania
12-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Agreed, this year just shows how lousy of a coach Chizik was when Malzahn wasn't on his staff. They never lacked talent.

engie
12-08-2013, 12:11 PM
The OL coach is none other than JB Grimes the OL coach under Croom.

There are 4 of 5 coaches that were at MSU with Croom for a period of time on that staff...

PendingTransaction
12-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't get this "they cheat, we don't, thus we are getting screwed." All teams do the same shit. Some just do it better. A I bet Bracky don't make unilateral decisions on policing our program.

Sidewalkdawg
12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
I said the same thing about auburn. I didn't expect them to win the west, but chizik didn't leave the cupboard bare.