PDA

View Full Version : You know your team is a POS

tcdog70
02-22-2024, 10:28 AM
when you are awarded 17 free bases and you still lose the game. Rick Ray and the Slytanic are laughing heir asses off at Lemonis he has unseated them as shittiest Coaches .

msstate7
02-22-2024, 10:34 AM
That is perhaps the saddest stat I've saw.

I'm gonna keep up with weekend, but if we lose this series, I think im out

tcdog70
02-22-2024, 10:44 AM
That is perhaps the saddest stat I've saw.

I'm gonna keep up with weekend, but if we lose this series, I think im out

well i"ll never check out. I suffered through Ray-Croom-Shira-. I'll be right there hoping we win.

msstate7
02-22-2024, 10:46 AM
well i"ll never check out. I suffered through Ray-Croom-Shira-. I'll be right there hoping we win.

As a braves' fan, I'll have the option of watching them every day. To be honest though, I choose braves anyway unless I'm going in person for state games

msudawg1200
02-22-2024, 10:53 AM
As a braves' fan, I'll have the option of watching them every day. To be honest though, I choose braves anyway unless I'm going in person for state games

Same with me, but with the Reds

tcdog70
02-22-2024, 10:59 AM

i was with the Braves-when they had Biff Pocaroba and Phil Niekro. I was there when Dale Murphy was a catcher and couldn't throw to 2nd. watched every game on the superstation.

Saltydog
02-22-2024, 11:14 AM
Bob Horner, Jerry Royster, Glen "Mother Hubbard, Rick Maher, Rick Camp, Rick Matula, Gene Garber, The Mad Hungarian (Al Hrabosky), Bruce Benedict, Rafael Ramirez and of course Dale Murphy (who should be in the HOF). I well remember but damn those were some bad teams...........

msstate7
02-22-2024, 11:15 AM
i was with the Braves-when they had Biff Pocaroba and Phil Niekro. I was there when Dale Murphy was a catcher and couldn't throw to 2nd. watched every game on the superstation.

That's when I got hooked

msstate7
02-22-2024, 11:16 AM
Same with me, but with the Reds

You should have a fun season

msudawg1200
02-22-2024, 11:29 AM
You should have a fun season

Last year gave me hope. Hoping we can build on it.

tcdog70
02-22-2024, 03:26 PM
Bob Horner, Jerry Royster, Glen "Mother Hubbard, Rick Maher, Rick Camp, Rick Matula, Gene Garber, The Mad Hungarian (Al Hrabosky), Bruce Benedict, Rafael Ramirez and of course Dale Murphy (who should be in the HOF). I well remember but damn those were some bad teams...........

then Eggs Benedict started reffing SEC basketball

Saltydog
02-22-2024, 04:06 PM
Yep.........As for nicknames there was also Pascual "I-285" Perez for those of us who are a little older.......

Here's the story for you young whippersnappers.........

https://www.twinkietown.com/2016/8/15/12450106/perimeter-pascual-perez-a-true-baseball-original

Leroy Jenkins
02-23-2024, 09:13 AM
It's funny how you become a fan of a team because of one era when you stared watching them. Thats me with the Cubs, all because of Sandberg, Grace, Dawson, Dunston, Maddox, Etc.

RockyDog
02-23-2024, 11:30 AM
I am a lifelong Braves fan. Bob Horner, Murph and Glen Hubbard were my heroes but yes those teams sucked hard after 82 and 83.

As a child of the 80s with 2 thru 13 cable and two of those superstations, there was nothing better than coming home from school and seeing the Braves or Cubs playing. For some reason I HATED when I flipped it on and there was a White Sox game. I could not stand Hawk and Wimpy. It was torture and an immediate channel flip for me.

Leroy Jenkins
02-23-2024, 12:23 PM
I am a lifelong Braves fan. Bob Horner, Murph and Glen Hubbard were my heroes but yes those teams sucked hard after 82 and 83.

As a child of the 80s with 2 thru 13 cable and two of those superstations, there was nothing better than coming home from school and seeing the Braves or Cubs playing. For some reason I HATED when I flipped it on and there was a White Sox game. I could not stand Hawk and Wimpy. It was torture and an immediate channel flip for me.

Hated when the Sox were on WGN, no Harry Caray.

Saltydog
02-23-2024, 12:44 PM
I loved Hawk Harrelson.........His famous calls were "Put it on the board, YES" and "He gone"..........The Robertson's stole that from Hawk.........

preachermatt83
02-23-2024, 06:21 PM
Early 90s was my time. Still remember what the Lineup was
Nixon
Blauser
Pendleton
Gant
Justice
Bream
Berryhill
Lemke
Pitcher

fieldcorporal
02-23-2024, 07:29 PM
Skip Caray:

"Herr throws him out. (Laughs) I love saying that."

And the hundred sows and bucks joke.

Skip often had air time to fill.

tcdog70
02-23-2024, 10:14 PM
I loved Hawk Harrelson.........His famous calls were "Put it on the board, YES" and "He gone"..........The Robertson's stole that from Hawk.........

The hawk first player to wear batting glove( actually a golf glove)