PDA

View Full Version : Quitting

BigDawg81
02-21-2024, 10:15 PM
I?m close to quitting if State lose to Ole Miss.
After a 5-7 football season, Mens and Women basketball being so up and down, baseball being shitty for the 3rd consecutive year, I?m pretty close to quit watching State sports until maybe Fall. I don?t how you hardcore fans do it

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 10:28 PM
I?m close to quitting if State lose to Ole Miss.
After a 5-7 football season, Mens and Women basketball being so up and down, baseball being shitty for the 3rd consecutive year, I?m pretty close to quit watching State sports until maybe Fall. I don?t how you hardcore fans do it

You know at the end of a football game coaches get scared and start playing "not to lose" instead of to WIN? That's us. Our boosters and ADs do only what they think is needed ot not be a laughing stock. They do not every try and do what it takes to WIN. Well, I'll give the leach hire credit. That was a swing for the fence and outside the box thinking.

Bout to start turning on softball, and if that disappoints...

RezDog7
02-21-2024, 10:30 PM
And to think, OM was on the brink of a really crappy basketball program, only to be saved by a good coach beating his wife.

Coursesuper
02-21-2024, 10:34 PM
And to think, OM was on the brink of a really crappy basketball program, only to be saved by a good coach beating his wife.

And the confederates had the sack to go hire him because they understood the game that?s being played. It?s a zero sum game, get better or get behind and left there. Something we will never figure out.

Dawgology
02-21-2024, 10:40 PM
And the confederates had the sack to go hire him because they understood the game that?s being played. It?s a zero sum game, get better or get behind and left there. Something we will never figure out.

This

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 10:52 PM

Again, they play to WIN, we play to "not lose" and do it as cheaply as possible. They take a risk and hit on Lane and pay him 10M AND buy all the players in the Portal with NIL... we hire Arnett for cheap, don't buy any players, then hire a OC as his replacement and still don't buy any players or top assistants. If Bianco sucks this year they'll fire him and push for a top dollar coach; we bring Lemo back for a 3rd year of suck cause the buyout is more than we'd like to pay.

They run deficits to win, we bank 5-10M every year into a "rainy day fund" that only gets used to buyout crappy coaches we only hired BECAUSE we didn't use the money on good coaches to start with

Their boosters dream of being as good as Bama. Our boosters dream of being good enough to not be mocked by their OM golf buddies. They invest, we react. God, we had such a stacked team in 2018 BUT did we pay $5-7M for a quality coach? NO, we paid $2.7 for an OC that sucked. Then we paid $5M for Leach to right the ship. Why didn't we pay $5m in the first place? Because our boosters -even though they hadn't had to pay a big buyout in years- wanted to go cheap because they thought they could go cheap and still be "respectable". Then JoMo turned us into a joke and they paid for a proven coach to try and get us back to "I won't get mocked" levels of competence. They are willing to pay $$$ to be "not awful", but will never pay to "win". We are simply not ever going to be serious about WINNING

OK rant over. It's cathartic to melt every couple months

LC Dawg
02-21-2024, 11:58 PM
Our men's and women's basketball teams are good. Not wanting to support them has nothing to do with their records.

Homedawg
02-21-2024, 11:59 PM
You know at the end of a football game coaches get scared and start playing "not to lose" instead of to WIN? That's us. Our boosters and ADs do only what they think is needed ot not be a laughing stock. They do not every try and do what it takes to WIN. Well, I'll give the leach hire credit. That was a swing for the fence and outside the box thinking.

Bout to start turning on softball, and if that disappoints...

So are you a booster? Or do you just come on here w a keyboard and bitch? Asking for a friend??