PDA

View Full Version : IF, Big if, Lemo is let go

preachermatt83
02-21-2024, 08:21 PM
After this season? I would do absolutely whatever is necessary and throw whatever I had to at butch Thompson or cliff Godwin. I would make them say no? multiple times.

BeardoMSU
02-21-2024, 08:22 PM
Godwin is at his Alma Mater and he bunts a lot, lol.

BuckyIsAB****
02-21-2024, 08:26 PM
Id take a Starkville rec coach at this point

StarkVegasSteve
02-21-2024, 08:27 PM
It will be Justin Haire.

RezDog7
02-21-2024, 08:29 PM
It will be Justin Haire.

Can he be here by Friday?

StarkVegasSteve
02-21-2024, 08:30 PM
Can he be here by Friday?

With all the reviews and stoppages in this one he might could be here for extra innings if Schuelke can get out of this.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 08:37 PM
After this season? I would do absolutely whatever is necessary and throw whatever I had to at butch Thompson or cliff Godwin. I would make them say no? multiple times.

Both told us no last time

Coach34
02-21-2024, 08:39 PM
It will be Justin Haire.

That would be the most likely choice

Mjoelner34
02-21-2024, 08:41 PM

My first two calls are to Link Jarrett and Justin Haire.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 08:44 PM

Jarrett played at FSU. He aint leaving

Mjoelner34
02-21-2024, 08:47 PM
Jarrett played at FSU. He aint leaving

A closed mouth never gets fed. You make him say no. Plus, "The Meddler" being gone may open some others that previously said "No" too.

StarkVegasSteve
02-21-2024, 08:48 PM
It will not be Link Jarrett and it will not be Butch Thompson. Do not waste your time on unrealistic candidates, like we did last time and ended up with Lemonis. Go get Haire and get the shit back on track.

WAH662
02-21-2024, 08:48 PM
you are such a little baby backed bitch

TNDawg35
02-21-2024, 08:52 PM
I make Vitello say no first. If and when he does, you go get Haire. Dude has done nothing but win there…

preachermatt83
02-21-2024, 08:52 PM

Butch didn’t get offered the job last time. Cliff told us no, but things are very different in the world of college athletics.

DownwardDawg
02-21-2024, 08:53 PM
It will not be Link Jarrett and it will not be Butch Thompson. Do not waste your time on unrealistic candidates, like we did last time and ended up with Lemonis. Go get Haire and get the shit back on track.

To be fair, Cohen is no longer the AD. We'll get more interest this time.

DownwardDawg
02-21-2024, 08:54 PM
I make Vitello say no first. If and when he does, you go get Haire. Dude has done nothing but win there…

This

MoreCowbell
Why would Haire be the likely candidate? Is there a connection I do not know about? Seems we could do better than Campbell head coach

civildawg

This is what I would do. I don't want cliff or butch honestly. I'm just not a fan of their boring style of baseball. The sport is already boring enough

Activated Alpha
02-21-2024, 08:56 PM
I see absolutely no change 5 games in from last season other than less walks. Our team lacks player leadership. Clean house from top to bottom and get this shite fixed. I told yall we were going to lose this game when I saw that we couldn't score on them other bases loaded walks. That is downright embarrassing for a coach like Geat

StarkVegasSteve
02-21-2024, 08:59 PM
I see absolutely no change 5 games in from last season other than less walks. Our team lacks player leadership. Clean house from top to bottom and get this shite fixed. I told yall we were going to lose this game when I saw that we couldn't score on them other bases loaded walks. That is downright embarrassing for a coach like Geat

5 games in from last season or 5 games in from the previous season. I really refused to believe Allen and Jordan made THAT big of a difference but apparently they were just the alphas of all alphas because we have been shit since they left.

Activated Alpha
02-21-2024, 09:14 PM
5 games in from last season or 5 games in from the previous season. I really refused to believe Allen and Jordan made THAT big of a difference but apparently they were just the alphas of all alphas because we have been shit since they left.

5 games into this season compared to the past 2 seasons. We have walked less, but we play like we have no motivation to be out there at all. We might have gifted players, but talented players lift up others around them. It is time for me to see that in some of our so called "talent....."

HoopsDawg
02-21-2024, 09:17 PM
No harm in making Vitello and Heefner say no.

Then go get Muscara or Haire.

basedog
02-21-2024, 09:20 PM

Wonder how Butch feels about his boss. There were some ?moments? not so good between them a while back at MSU.

Saltydog
02-21-2024, 09:24 PM
Butch didn?t get offered the job last time. Cliff told us no, but things are very different in the world of college athletics.

Not sure on Godwin but this is correct on Butch. You have to remember, he had only been at Auburn for one year so he wasn't going to make the move even had he been offered. It's a different game now. He's proven himself so he should get a call.

Coursesuper
02-21-2024, 09:25 PM
Wonder how Butch feels about his boss. There were some ?moments? not so good between them a while back at MSU.

Butch don’t like that SOB and you know it. That bastard and Dudy Noble are the two single worst things to happen to MSU athletics and the university as a whole. Together they have done more harm that any two individuals that ever walked the planet.

basedog
02-21-2024, 09:26 PM
Not sure on Godwin but this is correct on Butch. You have to remember, he had only been at Auburn for one year so wasn't going to make the move even had he been offered. It's a different game now. He's proven himself so he should get a call.

I’m not saying yes or no to Butch, but he knows and understands MSU baseball and yes (34) our tradition. Both are important.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:30 PM
Butch didn’t get offered the job last time. Cliff told us no, but things are very different in the world of college athletics.

Butch had a long phone call with Cohen last time. He decided not to get in the mix and stay at Auburn

DownwardDawg
02-21-2024, 09:31 PM
I’m not saying yes or no to Butch, but he knows and understands MSU baseball and yes (34) our tradition. Both are important.

And it wouldn't make me mad stealing him from Cohen.

Saltydog
02-21-2024, 09:31 PM
Croach say draft picks = success.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:35 PM
Haire would be the most likely hire.

mparkerfd20
02-21-2024, 09:35 PM
Stopped reading after IF. It isn't IF it is WHEN. Nothing saves him. He gone

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:36 PM

NIL has kicked tradition in the nuts. You arent getting top flight arms for less than 200K now. They dont give a shit if there are 19 people in the stands

HoopsDawg
02-21-2024, 09:39 PM
NIL has kicked tradition in the nuts. You arent getting top flight arms for less than 200K now. They dont give a shit if there are 19 people in the stands

You are using NIL too much as a scapegoat. There's a lot more going on than just NIL. We have a better NIL than the majority of college baseball.

basedog
02-21-2024, 09:40 PM

We have the money 34. You need to understand we are in good shape with NIL. Now coaching looks really terrible right now in baseball. We aren’t as talented as many thought. Plus poorly motivated.

BuckyIsAB****
02-21-2024, 09:40 PM
Butch would be my number 2

basedog
02-21-2024, 09:42 PM
You are using NIL too much as a scapegoat. There's a lot more going on than just NIL. We have a better NIL than the majority of college baseball.

Plus1, 34 has no clue where we stand on NIL. Plus recruiting in baseball has been lacking big time. Two seasons and early in year 3 doesn’t lie.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 09:43 PM
Butch had a long phone call with Cohen last time. He decided not to get in the mix and stay at Auburn

His former boss? The micromanager that many coached have long been rumored to not want to work for?

Shocking he told Cohen no 6 years ago.

I'm not saying he'd take our job now. I'm saying that IF he didn't want to work for Cohen, then that's 2 reasons he'd say yes today as Cohen is now his boss. Nobody knows what he'd say today including you. Hell you don't even know how to evaluate coaches in football, let alone what a coach at a different school would say.

Coursesuper
02-21-2024, 09:43 PM

That much is true. Those that think this will be a quick fix need to realize that tradition means exactly dick. We ain’t LSU, and Baton Rouge, Athens Nashville, Columbia etc are so much easier to recruit to than Starkville. We are a hard sell, we are a small club town. People might not like to hear that but it’s the truth. The rebuild will be a long hard road and we may never see the heights that were so taken for granted in the very recent past. Buckle up this is going to suck.

HoopsDawg
02-21-2024, 09:44 PM
Plus1, 34 has no clue where we stand on NIL. Plus recruiting in baseball has been lacking big time. Two seasons and early in year 3 doesn’t lie.

100%

msudawg1200
02-21-2024, 09:45 PM

Losers make excuses

RezDog7
02-21-2024, 09:46 PM

If we can't compete with NIL in baseball then just burn it down and focus on tennis.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 09:50 PM
That much is true. Those that think this will be a quick fix need to realize that tradition means exactly dick. We ain’t LSU, and Baton Rouge, Athens Nashville, Columbia etc are so much easier to recruit to than Starkville. We are a hard sell, we are a small club town. People might not like to hear that but it’s the truth. The rebuild will be a long hard road and we may never see the heights that were so taken for granted in the very recent past. Buckle up this is going to suck.

Are we a harder sell than Austin Peay? Because it seemed like they had some arms and bats we could have used.

That's the thing guys. NIL is why we won't win another Natty... it is not why we get swept in midweeks by Austin Peay. We can be a top 20, sometimes top 10 team every year even in the NIL environment. Hell, don't we have a to 10 roster today per every recruiting site?

Should have fired him last year

TheLostDawg
02-21-2024, 09:52 PM
Plus1, 34 has no clue where we stand on NIL. Plus recruiting in baseball has been lacking big time. Two seasons and early in year 3 doesn?t lie.

Starting to think someone hacked his account. He's so full of it now. Saying stuff that isn't true, etc. I use to always think much of what he would say. Now it's just trolling the board every day all day. I don't know if it's that or just depression. Either way Lemonis won't be here much longer, it's just a matter of when at this point. I am sure Selmon is making his list now. He knows that he screwed this one up. He better hit a grabs slam on the hire because of it

Coursesuper
02-21-2024, 09:53 PM
Are we a harder sell than Austin Peay? Because it seemed like they had some arms and bats we could have used.

That's the thing guys. NIL is why we won't win another Natty... it is not why we get swept in midweeks by Austin Peay. We can be a top 20, sometimes top 10 team every year even in the NIL environment. Hell, don't we have a to 10 roster today per every recruiting site?

Should have fired him last year

No they are just better managed and wanted it more. Ours trotted out and thought they should win because we have a nice stadium. The other guys said 17 you and your stadium and took it.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 09:56 PM

YOU were the one claiming our roster was so talented we'd be much improved this year. Recruiting was the top reason you said we should keep Lemo. Todd4State too.

Now all the sudden it's "woe is me NIL seals all the good players"?

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:56 PM

I'm not. The entire SEC NIL's as much as we do sans Mizzou. Wake pulled big names. We are no different than any of the Top 40 in college baseball. Got to pay to get the name guys

DownwardDawg
02-21-2024, 09:57 PM
Starting to think someone hacked his account. He's so full of it now. Saying stuff that isn't true, etc. I use to always think much of what he would say. Now it's just trolling the board every day all day. I don't know if it's that or just depression. Either way Lemonis won't be here much longer, it's just a matter of when at this point. I am sure Selmon is making his list now. He knows that he screwed this one up. He better hit a grabs slam on the hire because of it

He died....then came back. Like Pet Cemetery. ***.
I kid, I kid!!!!!! Don't shoot me!
I couldn't help it!!!

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:57 PM
YOU were the one claiming our roster was so talented we'd be much improved this year. Recruiting was the top reason you said we should keep Lemo. Todd4State too.

Now all the sudden it's "woe is me NIL seals all the good players"?

We are talented. I like our arms. We are FIVE games in with 2.5 starters on the bench. Lots of season left

Coach34
02-21-2024, 10:01 PM

Look- Lemon may not get it done. And he will be fired if he doesnt.

But if u dont think losing Landon Sims, Simmons, Auger, and other in 2022 changed that season? You are too ignorant to argue with.

If you couldnt see that pitching a bunch of Freshman in 2023 last season put us at a disadvantage- You are too ignorant to argue with,

There are no excuses this year. Get it done. End of story

Dawgology
02-21-2024, 10:04 PM

Why ?if?? With results like this he should be gone. That?s the issue with State. We sit and spin on bs like this I stead of committing to success. Loser mentality.

basedog
02-21-2024, 10:10 PM
Look- Lemon may not get it done. And he will be fired if he doesnt.

But if u dont think losing Landon Sims, Simmons, Auger, and other in 2022 changed that season? You are too ignorant to argue with.

If you couldnt see that pitching a bunch of Freshman in 2023 last season put us at a disadvantage- You are too ignorant to argue with,

There are no excuses this year. Get it done. End of story

I’m far from arrogant. I heard first hand on things going on, I just don’t share my past info. Recruiting hasn’t been good and quite talking about our lack of NIL.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 10:19 PM
We are talented. I like our arms. We are FIVE games in with 2.5 starters on the bench. Lots of season left

We ARE talented! I agree! And Lemo SUCKs and is wasting it. Just like he has these past 2 seasons. It's why we should have fired him last year and gotten someone who can use our talent.

But you want to pretend that only THIS year can be used to judge Lemo. That missing Hoover back to back wasn't enough; he HAS to return a 3rd year and THAT'S when we demand he do his job and win or be fired.

No. He had mulligan in '22. You and your "Lemonizic" were ready to fire him April of last year. And he should have been. Last year WAS his "put up or shut up, no excuses" season

Cowbell
02-21-2024, 11:22 PM
I would call Haire and offer him the job today. Anybody moving him down their coaching list because he is at Campbell, hasn't watched them play. They are everything that our team is not.

maroonmania
02-21-2024, 11:33 PM

Hey, on the bright side, if baseball games were only 8 innings we would be 4-1. And if Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.

TNDawg35
02-21-2024, 11:41 PM
I would call Haire and offer him the job today. Anybody moving him down their coaching list because he is at Campbell, hasn't watched them play. They are everything that our team is not.

Like I said, make Vitello tell you no first, then make Haire the coach. I have a feeling we will be fighting OM for a coach. Go ahead and get the jump on them. Someone is gonna grab Haire and he will win big wherever he goes. You bring him in and leave Parker as the pitching coach, get rid of Gotro's non coaching ass and be done with it. Burn it to the ground... Oh and Haire coaches 3rd so we will have a 3rd and 1st base coach...

In all seriousness, I was thinking on the drive to work tonight. I honestly think we had a our Vitello in Cann. He just couldnt handle it. Then Cohen botched the Schloss hire and hired Lemon. Now we are here. Does Selmon have the nads to make a change or does he let this season keep getting worse...

HoopsDawg
02-21-2024, 11:42 PM

He does seem like a good fit here.

Homedawg
02-22-2024, 12:03 AM

Jarrett is at his home. Try again

Homedawg
02-22-2024, 12:05 AM
Like I said, make Vitello tell you no first, then make Haire the coach. I have a feeling we will be fighting OM for a coach. Go ahead and get the jump on them. Someone is gonna grab Haire and he will win big wherever he goes. You bring him in and leave Parker as the pitching coach, get rid of Gotro's non coaching ass and be done with it. Burn it to the ground... Oh and Haire coaches 3rd so we will have a 3rd and 1st base coach...

In all seriousness, I was thinking on the drive to work tonight. I honestly think we had a our Vitello in Cann. He just couldnt handle it. Then Cohen botched the Schloss hire and hired Lemon. Now we are here. Does Selmon have the nads to make a change or does he let this season keep getting worse...

Vitello?? I mean, sure, why not. Zero chance he comes here. Don't even pick up the phone waisting your time.

ScottH
02-22-2024, 12:15 AM
Not that its overly relevant but at least interesting, Campell beat ECU yesterday.

KOdawg1
02-22-2024, 01:20 AM
I vote we take baseball's NIL and apply it to football and men's basketball.

Ya know, the two sports that pay the bills

Mjoelner34
02-22-2024, 08:27 AM
Jarrett is at his home. Try again

Never said he would come but you would be a fool not to try.

No matter who we get if/when bucket boy gets axed, I do NOT want to hear that our next hire was endorsed by another coach. Nikki McRae Pinson/endorsed by WNBA teammate Dawn Staley. Lemonis/endorsed by college teammate Dan McDonnell. Our AD needs to make the decision. The two where Cohen let other coaches steer him turned into juicy paychecks for their friends.

DawgFromOxford
02-22-2024, 10:32 AM
Haire, Vitello, or Muscara. Ask them what number they want on a check and let?s roll

Ezsoil
02-22-2024, 12:37 PM

This is the case...actually NIL has leveled the playing field for schools like MSU ..the schools that had state scholarship programs or the infamous opportunity fund no longer have the advantage they once had as MSU can can now close that gap with NIL.

Coach34
02-22-2024, 12:53 PM
This is the case...actually NIL has leveled the playing field for schools like MSU ..the schools that had state scholarship programs or the infamous opportunity fund no longer have the advantage they once had as MSU can can now close that gap with NIL.

I know that we are fine in baseball with NIL. My point was that NIL has eliminated alot of the "tradition" part of recruiting we used as well as the big crowds. Kids dont really care about that anymore. It's straight cash homey now

msugolf
02-22-2024, 01:17 PM
I vote we take baseball's NIL and apply it to football and men's basketball.

Ya know, the two sports that pay the bills

100 percent agree

Todd4State
02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
I know that we are fine in baseball with NIL. My point was that NIL has eliminated alot of the "tradition" part of recruiting we used as well as the big crowds. Kids dont really care about that anymore. It's straight cash homey now

Player development matters a lot to players too.
With Skenes- we had Foxhall and they had Wes Johnson. Not developing players has hurt us in the portal.

PMDawg
02-22-2024, 01:59 PM

Cohen was our AD last time. No one likes Cohen.

Coach34
02-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Cohen was our AD last time. No one likes Cohen.

This is a myth. He didnt get hired at Auburn because he is such a great businessman

basedog
02-22-2024, 02:34 PM
With Skenes- we had Foxhall and they had Wes Johnson. Not developing players has hurt us in the portal.

Big Time!

Coach34
02-22-2024, 02:43 PM

Skenes was as much about their roster vs ours as the PC's. Butch didnt hire Fox to harm his program. He values his knowledge. But myself and plenty others here disagree with his philosophy for sure

maroonmania
02-22-2024, 08:44 PM
This is a myth. He didnt get hired at Auburn because he is such a great businessman

Not sure anyone knows WHY he got hired by Auburn?? He definitely isn't a businessman and he made a LOT of bad coaching hires at MSU. Plus he is still relatively green in the AD business as MSU is the only AD experience he has.

SPMT
02-22-2024, 10:16 PM
Skenes was as much about their roster vs ours as the PC's. Butch didnt hire Fox to harm his program. He values his knowledge. But myself and plenty others here disagree with his philosophy for sure

True, but remember Foxhall isn?t coaching pitchers at Auburn.

Todd4State
02-22-2024, 11:47 PM

Foxhall is in coaching rehab at Auburn right now.

basedog
02-23-2024, 08:47 AM
Foxhall is in coaching rehab at Auburn right now.

I will say one thing about Foxhall that is very good, he doesn't push kids to pitch when they are injured or hurt. He cares about their arms.