PDA

View Full Version : Look how unprofessional Chuck Rounsaville was tonight

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 01:31 AM
This is embarrassing

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/646/177/1177646.jpg

Todd4State
12-08-2013, 01:34 AM
That's the pot calling the kettle black.

messageboardsuperhero
12-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Good ole Chuck. That's absolutely hilarious, especially considering Laquon Treadwell posted this picture while he was on his OV in Oxford-

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/01/treadwell.jpg

smootness
12-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Yes, we paid Chris Jones....after being the first school in the country to discover him and get him committed since he was a life-long State fan and only had the one offer; after he stuck with us throughout the process and never de-committed or publicly waivered, we were the ones who paid him in order to get him to sign.

But Laremy Tunsil chose Ole Miss because he was a Rebel all along. There was nothing fishy there. But Chris Jones? Huge freaking conspiracy because he didn't suddenly switch to Ole Miss at the last minute out of nowhere.

Todd4State
12-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Yes, we paid Chris Jones....after being the first school in the country to discover him and get him committed since he was a life-long State fan and only had the one offer; after he stuck with us throughout the process and never de-committed or publicly waivered, we were the ones who paid him in order to get him to sign.

But Laremy Tunsil chose Ole Miss because he was a Rebel all along. There was nothing fishy there. But Chris Jones? Huge freaking conspiracy because he didn't suddenly switch to Ole Miss at the last minute out of nowhere.

Exactly. It's really funny that they think that because a guy didn't take their money the only logical reason he didn't was because he was paid more somewhere else. Heck, Jones lives about 40 miles from campus.

AlSwearengen
12-08-2013, 08:39 AM
I would imagine that if Chris Jones is getting any money from MSU, he can thank olemiss at the end of the day. If there is a bidding war going on, it started with C.J. Johnson. In that one, we made the mistake of thinking that we could get him for free.

But, as has been said multiple times, we are far from the only school that olemiss has bought a player out from under. Or, it could be that Hugh Freeze is that good of a recruiter.

Scooter
12-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Once again what do you expect from a 50+ yr old paperboy? Just tell Chuck to shutup and make sure he gets the papers there on time in the morning.

Pollodawg
12-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Way to slander a kids name and look like a little bitch mr profesional

Ronny
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
..sour grapes over losing the Egg Bowl.

This rebel shithead will be pouting over the Egg Bowl from now until next May.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 10:41 AM
G
..sour grapes over losing the Egg Bowl.

This rebel shithead will be pouting over the Egg Bowl from now until next May.

It won't be that long. Come Feb when they win their 25th recruiting championship in a row, Chuck and his minions will once again spread the word of how the tide has turned and Mullen is soon to be on his way out

Ronny
12-08-2013, 10:51 AM
G

It won't be that long. Come Feb when they win their 25th recruiting championship in a row, Chuck and his minions will once again spread the word of how the tide has turned and Mullen is soon to be on his way out

...I forgot. To nuts like Chuck, winning the recruiting battle far outweights winning games on the field.

Forgive me for forgetting that fundamental trait common to the typical Rebel/Bear fan.

Harrydawg
12-08-2013, 10:56 AM
It's a wonderful thing.....being accused of buying great talent.....The boys in Oxford realize what we have in Chris.

BulldogBear
12-08-2013, 11:19 AM
A local Bear swears Chris Jones went to MSU because his family received death threats if he didn't

Pollodawg
12-08-2013, 11:26 AM
G

Until we take our 2 and 3* into Oxford and whip the wonder boys yet again and they are left wondering what happened while the rest of college football already knows what happened: The best team won. Again.

PMDawg2
12-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Chuck didn't even start that. I hate him, but just don't start shit with him.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Chuck didn't even start that. I hate him, but just don't start shit with him.

Did he make the comment or not?

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 12:56 PM
The Bama online admin tweeted at David Pollack that he bet he wished he had a healthy 6th vertebrae. IMO that is a special kind of low.

I'm going to take a likely unpopular stance on this board and agree with Neal McCready about something. He has talked about fan site guys not being real media and hurting real media guys. The more the site owners make comments like these, the more I agree with Neal.

PMDawg2
12-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah right after saddawg said the same thing about ole miss recruits.

messageboardsuperhero
12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
The Bama online admin tweeted at David Pollack that he bet he wished he had a healthy 6th vertebrae. IMO that is a special kind of low.

I'm going to take a likely unpopular stance on this board and agree with Neal McCready about something. He has talked about fan site guys not being real media and hurting real media guys. The more the site owners make comments like these, the more I agree with Neal.

Is that an unpopular stance? Because I would totally agree with it.

Chuck Rounsaville, Gene Swindoll, etc. are not actual journalists or members of the media- they are glorified fans.

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 01:03 PM

Look at @ mentions for any relevant sports news source. Nothing brings out the crazies like sports and politics. A guy like him should just not respond. It's a no win situation but that one in particular does show the mindset of the leader of that flock.

He should have said the same thing every MSU fan should say about CJ Johnson-"We got out recruited"

blacklistedbully
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Until we take our 2 and 3* into Oxford and whip the wonder boys yet again and they are left wondering what happened while the rest of college football already knows what happened: The best team won. Again.

Here's the thing, though. The "rest of the world" seems to have bought into the Ole Miss hype as well. They routinely get picked over us as the "better team", the "dark horse", etc, even though we have beaten them 4 of the last 5, finished higher in the SEC standings 4 years in-a-row, and finished with a better overall record all but this year, when it's been a 1-game difference.

When other SEC teams predict their team's record, they project us as an auto-win and Ole Miss as a game that "worries them". IMO, these guys are taking the shallowest of looks, seeing only the "7-turnover-aided close game versus TAMU last year", the win at Texas, that we all know was an anomaly, etc.

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Is that an unpopular stance? Because I would totally agree with it.

Chuck Rounsaville, Gene Swindoll, etc. are not actual journalists or members of the media- they are glorified fans.

Oh I agree 100%. I just meant agreeing with Neal on an MSU message board not being popular.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 01:46 PM

So what? Saddawg is just a random State fan

engie
12-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Here's the thing, though. The "rest of the world" seems to have bought into the Ole Miss hype as well. They routinely get picked over us as the "better team", the "dark horse", etc, even though we have beaten them 4 of the last 5, finished higher in the SEC standings 4 years in-a-row, and finished with a better overall record all but this year, when it's been a 1-game difference.

When other SEC teams predict their team's record, they project us as an auto-win and Ole Miss as a game that "worries them". IMO, these guys are taking the shallowest of looks, seeing only the "7-turnover-aided close game versus TAMU last year", the win at Texas, that we all know was an anomaly, etc.

This is just the natural hype cycle that comes with a new coach that surpasses expectations on the front end. How quickly our fans forget all the hype that we had in 2010 and 2011 -- when Mullen was the darling of Bristol, Connecticut. It's not some magic Ole Miss pill that they are feeding people. It's unbiased observations of their first year overachievement -- followed by the best recruiting class since such things were ranked by a non-traditional power. Now that they've had the first mild underachievement to close out this year -- the hype cycle will start to die off -- unless they finish just as strong in recruiting again this year.

Political Hack
12-08-2013, 01:57 PM
we own that hotty toddy ass.

GTHOM.

FlabLoser
12-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Engie is right. Freeze has been on his honeymoon. It's over now though. His offense has been found.

His honeymoon with Wallace is damn sure over. No trust or respect there.

I see a meltdown coming next year. They'll win 5 to 7 games. Maybe a LOT less if he and Bo stay pissed at each other.

I also see his fake love one another bullshit wearing off. Freeze is phony and his players see it, starting with the QB.

Then you've got a group of players more special than the others, blowing coke with Henderson. And players getting caught with a pot grinder.

They are not losing any parties, but I see them losing more on the field.

They got a little disgruntled with Freeze this year. Just wait till next. He is going to underwhelm even more. But they're gonna win February, again, in a couple months and that buy him some time.

blacklistedbully
12-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Engie is right. Freeze has been on his honeymoon. It's over now though. His offense has been found.

I see a meltdown coming next year. They'll win 5 to 7 games. Maybe a LOT less if he and Bo stay pissed at each other.

I also see his fake love one another bullshit wearing off. Freeze is phony and his players see it, starting with the QB.

Then you've got a group of players more special than the others, blowing coke with Henderson. And players getting caught with a pot grinder.

They got a little disgruntled with Freeze this year. Just wait till next. He is going to underwhelm even more. But they're gonna buy February, again, in a couple months and that will win him some time.

FIFY

messageboardsuperhero
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I see them winning 6-8 games next year, at least unless their team totally blows up. UM will beat the teams that they can disguise their OL deficiencies against- all in all, I expect them to be about the same as they were this year.

The thing with their offense is they can put up HUGE numbers against teams with less talent than they do- so they'll continue to win their non-conference games and the SEC games against teams who can't stop their running game with six people. Their problem is, their OL isn't physical or deep enough to push around really good D-Lines, which is something we have, along with Bama and Mizzou.

One thing is for sure- if I was on that team, I'd be royally pissed off if my coach came into the locker room after a loss to our in-state rival and started running his mouth about how he needed to recruit better players. Really, who in the hell even brings up recruiting to his team in a locker room speech?

engie
12-08-2013, 02:52 PM
I see them being about the same as well -- which really makes 3 years of being about the same and will have a large portion of their fanbase jumping ship(if history is any indication). They better win 8 in the regular season including winning the Egg. That's their base expectations next year.

Per Sagarin -- as of today, they are worse than they were last year. #24 in year 1 and #34 in year 2. For reference, Mullen was #45 in year 1 and #15 in year 2. We were #31 in year 3, #42 in year 4, and are currently #41.

Big4Dawg
12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Boise State - W
@ Vandy - Toss-up
ULL - W
Memphis - W
Bama - L
@ Texas A&M - L
UT - W
@ LSU - L
Auburn - L
Presbyterian - W
@ Arkansas - Toss-up
State - L

messageboardsuperhero
12-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I see them being about the same as well -- which really makes 3 years of being about the same and will have a large portion of their fanbase jumping ship(if history is any indication). They better win 8 in the regular season including winning the Egg. That's their base expectations next year.

Per Sagarin -- as of today, they are worse than they were last year. #24 in year 1 and #34 in year 2. For reference, Mullen was #45 in year 1 and #15 in year 2. We were #31 in year 3, #42 in year 4, and are currently #41.

This is one of their biggest problems in recent history. The UM fanbase has very unrealistic expectations- I read here a couple of days ago that a UM fan said on the radio that anything less than nine regular season wins will put Hugh Freeze on the hotseat. I'm not sure if that's indicative of their entire fanbase, but that is just a ****ing crazy thing to say.

I mean, Cutcliffe went 40-22 (22-18) in his first five seasons and they fired him as soon as he had one down year after losing an All-American QB.

ETA: And if they win less than seven regular season games and lose the Egg Bowl, Freeze will probably be on the hotseat- whether he deserves it or not.

engie
12-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Yep...I agree.

mic
12-08-2013, 03:20 PM
we own that hotty toddy ass.

GTHOM.

YES GTHOM.. and on that note get all your GTHOM holiday stocking stuffers here @GTHOM.biz (shameless plug)

Todd4State
12-08-2013, 05:24 PM

They got a little disgruntled with Freeze this year. Just wait till next. He is going to underwhelm even more. But they're gonna win February, again, in a couple months and that buy him some time.

It will be interesting to see if they go out and get another JUCO or hot shot transfer who gets homesick and wants to be closer to his grandma, because behind Bo they have two freshmen with zero experience. More than likely, they'll play Bo no matter what if I had to guess. And if that happens and the tension is still there- things could get interesting.

Their bowl is really important for them this year- they have to win to salvage any sliver of momentum that they have left. The Boise State game is critical as well. If they lose that one, they could be in for a bumpy ride.

TexasDawg
12-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Personally I enjoy them bitching and moaning, it means we own their ass and all they can do is whine and complain

engie
12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
I suspect that they will beat Georgia Tech and Petersen-less Boise...Expect them to try to get Kincade a bunch of experience early next year...

Coach34
12-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I suspect that they will beat Georgia Tech and Petersen-less Boise...Expect them to try to get Kincade a bunch of experience early next year...

Should be a good game with Ga Tech...Boise returns almost their whole D- but loses their entire OL and QB on offense. No wonder Petersen left

bgdog
12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
**** that. That's a guy that runs a recruiting website talking shit about a kid he use to cover.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 06:56 PM
**** that. That's a guy that runs a recruiting website talking shit about a kid he use to cover.

Well said