PDA

View Full Version : 2 massive games on campus today

msstate7
02-21-2024, 10:00 AM
I hate to label any baseball game this early in the season a must win, but I think we're there. If for no other reason than to not lose the fanbase.

No explanation needed for MbK. Man, it would be sweet to cement our tourney position while also really hurting OM's.

Let's get 2

Saltydog
02-21-2024, 10:18 AM
Lose today against Austin Peay and the crowd this weekend will be paltry. Once that starts happening the hot seat becomes glowing red hot. May get hot enough to melt the bucket.

viverlibre
02-21-2024, 10:26 AM
Lose today against Austin, whatever his last name is, and Lemon Juice may be shown the door. It looks like we have no fire at all.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 10:45 AM
Pitchers have fire- we struck out 13 had no walks.

DownwardDawg
02-21-2024, 10:51 AM
Lose today against Austin, whatever his last name is, and Lemon Juice may be shown the door. It looks like we have no fire at all.

Other than pitchers, there is absolutely no fire in this team......So Far. None. That can change starting today if someone gets them going. Doubt it will be Lemonis. Maybe the new pitching coach can get some fire in the teams belly.

MStateDawg
02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
I wonder if we could see Steven Spalitta at 3B tonight. We need another left handed bat and he had a really good fall. My guess is his defense is the biggest question.

confucius say
02-21-2024, 11:55 AM
Getting Kohler bat and glove back and Mershon's offense will be big. Put those two with our top 4 and we have a solid 6 in the lineup.

Continue to shove it in the zone with those 6 and we should be ok.

Bdawg
02-21-2024, 11:56 AM
To me, it’s not Lemonis’ job to get the players fired up. Leaders hold their teammates accountable and I’m yet to see a leader in 2 years. I don’t mind an even keel manager in the game but I would like for him to be tough in practice and get in some butts when needed. In-game decisions, how hard they practice, and recruiting are on Lemonis. Most other things played between the lines is on the player. There are so many individual battles in baseball that the player has to be responsible for in its execution. It’s time for players to step the hell up, unless they just suck( then that’s back on Lemonis)!!

TALL DAWG
02-21-2024, 04:22 PM
Dakota seems fired up a lot to me.
Which is very good.
Need more of that from other players.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-21-2024, 04:56 PM
I wonder if we could see Steven Spalitta at 3B tonight. We need another left handed bat and he had a really good fall. My guess is his defense is the biggest question.

Line up is out. Chester is at 3rd.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-21-2024, 04:58 PM
I hate to label any baseball game this early in the season a must win, but I think we're there. If for no other reason than to not lose the fanbase.

No explanation needed for MbK. Man, it would be sweet to cement our tourney position while also really hurting OM's.

Let's get 2

I agree. This game against Austin Peay is big. We've got to start stacking some non-conference wins. The pitching staff has done their job so far this season.

We can't lose 2 games in a season to Ole Miss in basketball. We need to win this one on our home court.