PDA

View Full Version : LOL

KOdawg1
02-20-2024, 07:50 PM
So much for all the talent this team has and how improved we'd be. This team still sucks, our coach sucks, and our fanbase sucks for putting up with it. Hey, at least we have a good time and the Dude is awesome**. we've turned this place into what we make fun of OM for making the Grove out to be.

Pack the Hump tomorrow for a real team. These bums don't deserve it

Extendedcab
02-20-2024, 08:00 PM
Oh my!

Leeshouldveflanked
02-20-2024, 08:00 PM
There is no fight or emotion in this team. Hasn?t been since 2021.

Bothrops
02-20-2024, 08:05 PM
We probably aren't a baseball school anymore. We aren't any different where it counts and are an average mid major team. We need to find an ancillary sport to excel at and SB looks to be it right now.

99jc
02-20-2024, 08:08 PM
You still have idiots like 34 trying to push this shit show on everyone. This team and Lemondick are done!

RockyDog
02-20-2024, 08:14 PM
B?b-b-but Ron Cholk invented college baseball!!!

Coach34
02-20-2024, 08:25 PM
#1 Wake Forest lost to UNC Greensboro today
Vandy is losing late to Dayton

Peay pitched the preseason POY for their conference against us today

Melt away

Dawgface
02-20-2024, 08:30 PM

Melt away
King of excuses.

Coach34
02-20-2024, 08:32 PM
King of excuses.

I didnt make any excuse like we are down 2 starters and such. I simply posted facts

KOdawg1
02-20-2024, 08:32 PM

Melt away

Lol keep spinning.

Coach34
02-20-2024, 08:37 PM
There is no spin. It's be good or get gone. I'm just not going to melt in Game 4 with 2 starters hurt on a day we struck out 13 with no walks.

maroonmania
02-20-2024, 08:38 PM

Melt away

So, he only pitched 5 innings and was charged with our 2 runs. Were the other 3 pitchers POY candidates as well? Outside of a very few hitters our offense sucks right now. We've got to get Kohler and Mershon back in the lineup and hope they can hit for us.

KOdawg1
02-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Like a washing machine

DawgFromOxford
02-20-2024, 08:41 PM

Melt away

He was picked as the preseason player of the year for his offense not his pitching. Last year the kid was 1-6 with an ERA of 8.88

KOdawg1
02-20-2024, 08:42 PM
He was picked as the preseason player of the year for his offense not his pitching. Last year the kid was 1-6 with an ERA of 8.88
Oof. Narrative = dead

msudawg1200
02-20-2024, 08:46 PM
You still have idiots like 34 trying to push this shit show on everyone. This team and Lemondick are done!
For as smart as he thinks he is he's picked some strange hills to die on with his sucking off of Arnett and Lemonis. I figured his narcissistic self would be blasting both of them telling us how stupid they are and what he would do and what we should be doing. Strange.

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2024, 08:51 PM

Melt away

Arnett must have taken over the baseball offense

BeardoMSU
02-20-2024, 08:52 PM

Ouch...

Coach34
02-20-2024, 08:53 PM
For as smart as he thinks he is he's picked some strange hills to die on with his sucking off of Arnett and Lemonis. I figured his narcissistic self would be blasting both of them telling us how stupid they are and what he would do and what we should be doing. Strange.

I'm just letting it play out dude. If Lemon doesnt get it done? Hit the ****ing road. Not sure what is hard to understand on that

Coach34
02-20-2024, 08:54 PM

And was obviously expected to be much better on the mound- ya think?

msudawg1200
02-20-2024, 08:54 PM
I'm just letting it play out dude. If Lemon doesnt get it done? Hit the ****ing road. Not sure what is hard to understand on that

I think we've seen how it plays out from the last two years.

smootness
02-20-2024, 09:03 PM

Considering he made all-conference last year as a DH and did not pitch at all opening weekend, I am going to guess he was not voted preseason POY based on his pitching.

You would have much more credibility if you owned your Ls.

Coach34
02-20-2024, 09:07 PM
Considering he made all-conference last year as a DH and did not pitch at all opening weekend, I am going to guess he was not voted preseason POY based on his pitching.

You would have much more credibility if you owned your Ls.

blah blah blah. The fact he is a pitching prospect that also can rake is why he was voted that. He's a bigtime player

Now is there concern about the bottom of our line-up due to injuries??? Absolutely

KOdawg1
02-20-2024, 09:15 PM
Like a merry-go-round

BeardoMSU
02-20-2024, 09:19 PM
blah blah blah. The fact he is a pitching prospect that also can rake is why he was voted that. He's a bigtime player

Now is there concern about the bottom of our line-up due to injuries??? Absolutely

There'd be more dignity in just taking the L here...

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2024, 09:34 PM

Lembone

Lord McBuckethead
02-20-2024, 09:36 PM
There is no fight or emotion in this team. Hasn?t been since 2021.

Just watching today, no one on the team is a Dude. There are no Tanner Allens out there. No Rowdys. Just a few guys that cannot figure out to move up in the batters box and stop deciding before the pitch if you are going to swing.

trob115
02-20-2024, 09:46 PM
Lembone

I appreciate your pettiness!

We will be fortunate to win 7 SEC games.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-20-2024, 10:01 PM
Just watching today, no one on the team is a Dude. There are no Tanner Allens out there. No Rowdys. Just a few guys that cannot figure out to move up in the batters box and stop deciding before the pitch if you are going to swing.

There haven't been the past 2 seasons. Fact is, Lemo cannot create a tough, intense, or winning culture. Changing pitching coaches may fix the staff but it won't change the culture. Lemo is soft; how can his teams be anything but? Cohen and Cann were hard; how could those teams be anything but? Lemo did a great job rising the culture his predecessors made but he in time the truth comes out

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-20-2024, 10:03 PM
Lembone

Lemonizick is what C34 himself coined early last year, and used it till the LSU weekend when he got word Lemo was back. Then he did a 180 and started toting that water

Quaoarsking
02-20-2024, 10:13 PM

Last year you wanted him to be fired for most of the year (Remember "Lemonizik," which was apparently a reference to Gene Chizik, even though that's stupid and doesn't roll off the tongue correctly to be a good nickname...), only to flip back to his side in May. Who's to say you won't do that again this year? Every argument you made to keep him would apply again.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-20-2024, 10:14 PM

Lol you're pretending to be an expert on every baseball prospect from tiny schools in TN. For the record, I googled the guy and everything is about his bat- no, he's not a pro prospect because of his arm.

And it's funny how your attitude changed from "lol it's baseball don't freak out" to be very angry the second you got called out for it.

A crappy pitcher from a crappy school held us for 5 innings, then other crappy pitchers from a crappy school held us for 4. We should be able to score more than 2 runs even with a couple starters out. This was a bad loss. Just admit it. You're not wrong for saying "it's February" or "everyone drops bad games", you're wrong for pretending we faced a stud and our lineup is cripped

CaptainObvious
02-20-2024, 10:15 PM
Lemonizick is what C34 himself coined early last year, and used it till the LSU weekend when he got word Lemo was back. Then he did a 180 and started toting that water

You would think Lemonis travels in the same circle jerk club as Peterson and Friend the way 34 defends him.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-20-2024, 10:23 PM
There is no spin. It's be good or get gone. I'm just not going to melt in Game 4 with 2 starters hurt on a day we struck out 13 with no walks.

The thing is last year was his "get good or get gone" year. You're extending far more patience to Lemo then you do to JoMo, who never finished 14th or 13th in the conference

somebodyshotmypaw
02-20-2024, 10:25 PM
I appreciate your pettiness!

We will be fortunate to win 7 SEC games.

I think we win more than 7.

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2024, 10:30 PM
The thing is last year was his "get good or get gone" year. You're extending far more patience to Lemo then you do to JoMo, who never finished 14th or 13th in the conference

Defend the Arnett yacht club and lembone but tear down Mike Leach hahah. Moorhead was better than the yacht club for sure. We fired him before he did to football what lembone has done to baseball.

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2024, 10:32 PM
There haven't been the past 2 seasons. Fact is, Lemo cannot create a tough, intense, or winning culture. Changing pitching coaches may fix the staff but it won't change the culture. Lemo is soft; how can his teams be anything but? Cohen and Cann were hard; how could those teams be anything but? Lemo did a great job rising the culture his predecessors made but he in time the truth comes out

It looks charmin soft to me. He fell asleep at the wheel after 21 because he really didn?t have to do much but get them off the bus his first 3 years

RezDog7
02-20-2024, 10:43 PM
So much for all the talent this team has and how improved we'd be. This team still sucks, our coach sucks, and our fanbase sucks for putting up with it. Hey, at least we have a good time and the Dude is awesome**. we've turned this place into what we make fun of OM for making the Grove out to be.

Pack the Hump tomorrow for a real team. These bums don't deserve it

When they miss 10 free throws tomorrow will you have the same energy? MSU sports in general is a joke right now.

KOdawg1
02-20-2024, 11:10 PM
When they miss 10 free throws tomorrow will you have the same energy? MSU sports in general is a joke right now.

Missing 10 free throws isn't the same thing as losing to Austin freaking Peay and Air Force.

Our basketball team will be in the tournament for the 2nd year in a row. Our baseball team will be missing the NCAAT for the 3rd straight year. So no, I won't be keeping the same energy because your post is comparing apples to oranges

preachermatt83
02-21-2024, 01:32 AM

Melt away
Don?t bring rationality in here. These folks don?t like that.

KOdawg1
02-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Don?t bring rationality in here. These folks don?t like that.
C34 could say grass is purple and you'd agree with it

PGHBulldogBG
02-21-2024, 08:02 AM
We are 4 games into the season. We need to let it play out.

msstate7
02-21-2024, 08:03 AM

Why do you crap on the MBK team for no reason? They're projected to be in the tourney. I swear some of you feel you can't be a fan of all 3 men's sports, so you trash the best one on campus.

msstate7
02-21-2024, 08:05 AM

I don't think anyone would be so down if we weren't 53-56 (18-42) the past 2 seasons. Our fanbase has been extremely patient with lemonis... no excuses anymore, win!

KOdawg1
02-21-2024, 08:07 AM

Most years, I'd agree. But this is going on 3 years. So it's not just 4 games.

ZedFedder
02-21-2024, 08:12 AM
Here is the truth.

Vandy and Wake Forest both lost to Austin Peay like teams last night. Does it mean they are terrible? No. It is the same for us. We lost, but it is obvious we are improved in a lot of areas.

On the other side of the coin, though, we HAVE to be concerned because of the last two years. You cannot have those type of seasons, lose a game like this, and act like it does not matter. It does.

Can we still have a great season? 100%. Do I think we are better? Yes. Does losing this game cause heartburn and doubt? Yes, it absolutely does.

We shall see.

msudawg1200
02-21-2024, 08:13 AM

Yep. C34 and his band of Merry Men drinking the Kool Aid.

Tbonewannabe
02-21-2024, 08:19 AM
Here is the truth.

Vandy and Wake Forest both lost to Austin Peay like teams last night. Does it mean they are terrible? No. It is the same for us. We lost, but it is obvious we are improved in a lot of areas.

On the other side of the coin, though, we HAVE to be concerned because of the last two years. You cannot have those type of seasons, lose a game like this, and act like it does not matter. It does.

Can we still have a great season? 100%. Do I think we are better? Yes. Does losing this game cause heartburn and doubt? Yes, it absolutely does.

We shall see.

It is also how you lose. One pitcher having the game of his life and holding us to two runs (it happens). Two separate pitching staffs that are nowhere close to SEC caliber, very worrisome.

Pitching seems like it is going to be back to at least acceptable if not good. Shitty hitting when facing shitty pitching and we have problems. I don't care if we have 3 starters out, our backups should still be good enough to rake a shitty pitcher. That doesn't even talk about the Little League base running.

preachermatt83
02-21-2024, 08:21 AM

Not true. His defense of arnett and company was awful. And I said so often. And him advocating that friend was a good coach was ludacris. I said that as well. So… try again

Pancho
02-21-2024, 08:55 AM
hey, i like ludacris*************

Duckdog
02-21-2024, 09:29 AM
You folks melting over the loss last night is pathetic its the same people over and over too which is even more pathetic

KOdawg1
02-21-2024, 09:30 AM
You folks melting over the loss last night is pathetic its the same people over and over too which is even more pathetic
Cool.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:55 AM

Lemon doesnt allow the players to fail drug tests and still play

CaptainObvious
02-21-2024, 09:55 AM
Here is the truth.

We shall see.

More truth. Vandy and Wake Forest finished in the Top 20 last year, buying them a couple of mid-week losses here and there. The past 2 seasons, State finished 14 and 13 in the SEC, buying Lemonis ZERO grace period for unacceptable losses and poorly prepared lineups and no discernible improvement in the portal.

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:56 AM
Not true. His defense of arnett and company was awful. And I said so often. And him advocating that friend was a good coach was ludacris. I said that as well. So… try again

Yet Friend got a promotion upon leaving us and they demoted the AR guy

Coach34
02-21-2024, 09:59 AM
More truth. Vandy and Wake Forest finished in the Top 20 last year, buying them a couple of mid-week losses here and there. The past 2 seasons, State finished 14 and 13 in the SEC, buying Lemonis ZERO grace period for unacceptable losses and poorly prepared lineups and no discernible improvement in the portal.

Lemon gets the same leeway Vandy and Wake does. It's about where you finish this year- period. If we lose in a Regional final to someone in June he will likely return. That's what all this boils down to. Get it done or we will make a change. His job wont be decided until May at the earliest

CaptainObvious
02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Lemon gets the same leeway Vandy and Wake does. It's about where you finish this year- period. If we lose in a Regional final to someone in June he will likely return. That's what all this boils down to. Get it done or we will make a change. His job wont be decided until May at the earliest

This putting us another full year behind in our recovery while going in to 2025 which we all know has the possibility of being a complete rebuild due the draft picks from this team that you assure us we have. And if they are smart they will definitely sign even if they are 15th round or later so they can get proper training and improvement after suffering under Lemonis staff for 3 years.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 12:13 PM

Friend made 800k/yr at TN. They ran him out of town, he took a paycut to $700k at SC, and then his buddie Bobo hired him at Auburn for 700k. Auburn ran him out of town, and he took our job for 475k. Now he's the OC and OL coach at WKU. Sounds like a real up and up career path for him

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 12:16 PM

Did Vandy and Wake finish as the worst team in their conference these past 2 seasons? No? Huh, you know it almost sounds like we're in a different situation, doesn't it?

msudawg1200
02-21-2024, 12:33 PM
C'mon now, you are just reaching now

Coach34
02-21-2024, 12:43 PM
Did Vandy and Wake finish as the worst team in their conference these past 2 seasons? No? Huh, you know it almost sounds like we're in a different situation, doesn't it?

Doesnt matter. It's about this season. THIS season decides everything. What happened the last two years while out there- doesnt affect the success/failure of THIS season. THIS season decides his fate

Coach34
02-21-2024, 12:45 PM
Friend made 800k/yr at TN. They ran him out of town, he took a paycut to $700k at SC, and then his buddie Bobo hired him at Auburn for 700k. Auburn ran him out of town, and he took our job for 475k. Now he's the OC and OL coach at WKU. Sounds like a real up and up career path for him

Auburn did not run him out of town- Auburn fired the HC. He left Sville because they HC got fired as well.

Did Bama's asst coaches "get run out of town" also or did something happen with the HC?

KOdawg1
02-21-2024, 01:16 PM
Like a flat tire

smootness
02-21-2024, 02:51 PM

You are proving my point.

RezDog7
02-21-2024, 03:53 PM
Why do you crap on the MBK team for no reason? They're projected to be in the tourney. I swear some of you feel you can't be a fan of all 3 men's sports, so you trash the best one on campus.

I'm not trashing them. I'll be watching tonight just like I'm gonna watch the baseball game. But the basketball and baseball team have the exact same issues that they had last year. College players should be able to make free throws. It's literally the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed. College players should also be able to hit a curve ball. I mean, do they even practice hitting curveballs or just focus on smashing home runs.

CaptainObvious
02-21-2024, 05:57 PM
Doesnt matter. It's about this season. THIS season decides everything. What happened the last two years while out there- doesnt affect the success/failure of THIS season. THIS season decides his fate

So if Lemonis enters SEC play with a losing OOC record and you don't think Selmon would put him in the streets?

The Federalist Engineer
02-21-2024, 06:01 PM
So if Lemonis enters SEC play with a losing OOC record and you don't think Selmon would put him in the streets?

If you have +7 OOC loses with the schedule this year, you are not Hosting and likely not playing in any regional.

You keep lemons but openly interview and call people. Unless you just promote Goat, so you can maybe Spark the team.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-21-2024, 11:01 PM
If you have +7 OOC loses with the schedule this year, you are not Hosting and likely not playing in any regional.

You keep lemons but openly interview and call people. Unless you just promote Goat, so you can maybe Spark the team.

Goat has been here 8 years. He is the culture, he ain't sparking crap. But, might as well. what do you have to lose? It's better to fire Lemo and get him off camera than to have him be the elephant in the room. SOrry, I mean elephant on the bucket

KOdawg1
02-22-2024, 12:05 AM
Cough cough

Todd4State
02-22-2024, 01:26 AM

Our postseason chances still come down to SEC play. (I know)

Quaoarsking
02-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Our postseason chances still come down to SEC play. (I know)

I mean, kinda. If we're 15-15, we should be safely in. If we're 11-19, we're out.

But if we have 12, 13, or 14 wins, it'll come down to RPI and non-conference resume, and ours is going to suck most likely. If we barely miss making a Regional, we can absolutely blame the last 2 days.

Todd4State
02-22-2024, 01:40 AM
I mean, kinda. If we're 15-15, we should be safely in. If we're 11-19, we're out.

But if we have 12, 13, or 14 wins, it'll come down to RPI and non-conference resume, and ours is going to suck most likely. If we barely miss making a Regional, we can absolutely blame the last 2 days.

Historically speaking- we're probably in with 12 wins and would be a lock with 13 or 14. UNLESS we were to have a losing overall record. Which is unlikely if we assume 12-14 SEC wins. But also possible.

But here's where I think it could hurt Lemonis in this particular scenario we're talking about (assuming 12-14 SEC wins)- it could very well make us a 3 seed vs a 2. Which makes it harder for us to win a regional and make a SR which I think is the minimum acceptable standard for the baseball program at this point. IF we're a three seed and we don't win a regional then I think he is fired.

KOdawg1
02-22-2024, 01:41 AM
LOL at yall talking regionals. This team ain't sniffing a regional

Todd4State
02-22-2024, 01:43 AM
LOL at yall talking regionals. This team ain't sniffing a regional

Hence the saracstic (I know)

Offshore Dawg
02-22-2024, 01:57 PM

Hosting !!!! Playing like they have and they will not make the SEC tournament again.

The Federalist Engineer
02-22-2024, 04:16 PM
Hosting !!!! Playing like they have and they will not make the SEC tournament again.

I am talking "Hosting" because that is the only level of performance that will surely save Lemons. At this point, he better put his house on the market.

I would think that Lemons could get a job sitting on a bucket in Louisville, but it looks like the McDonnell magic is gone too.

By the way, I am not surprised by this. I am the fire-him 2-years-ago camp. Some people were cool with throwing 3 seasons in the trash. Some might be ready to throw a 4th.

Pancho
02-22-2024, 04:35 PM
go .500 in this weak non con schedule and he won't see an SEC contest.

SPMT
02-22-2024, 10:36 PM

Yet, he hated Stansbury and we still can?t replicate what Stansbury did.

bobtail bob
02-22-2024, 11:32 PM
We are stuck in a time loop with Limpmonis. He won a title then turned into JoMo

Todd4State
02-22-2024, 11:42 PM
I am talking "Hosting" because that is the only level of performance that will surely save Lemons. At this point, he better put his house on the market.

I would think that Lemons could get a job sitting on a bucket in Louisville, but it looks like the McDonnell magic is gone too.

By the way, I am not surprised by this. I am the fire-him 2-years-ago camp. Some people were cool with throwing 3 seasons in the trash. Some might be ready to throw a 4th.

Some of our fans are too busy bitching to understand hypotheticals during week 2 of a 14 week season.

basedog
02-23-2024, 08:50 AM
Some of our fans are too busy bitching to understand hypotheticals during week 2 of a 14 week season.

I think the bitching comes further back, it's more of a pattern that looks like the Energizer Bunny beating the drum, LOL!