PDA

View Full Version : FYI

Ranchdawg
02-20-2024, 09:09 AM
USM beat Air Force yesterday 5-7. Air Force took a bus to Hattiesburg Sunday afternoon after their game with us. I watched most of the game on ESPN+. USM cameras showed Air Force?s coach a lot and announcers talked a lot about him. He has been at Air Force for 14 years and was a fighter pilot prior to becoming their coach.

He?s appears to be very intense and very much involved coach. I know he has not won much. But if Lemon is fired at end of season I would be very much be interested him coming to State. Or somebody like him. A coach that is on the top step of the dugout every inning. A coach that is first out of dugout high fives and patting players on the back as the players come back to the dugout. Somebody anybody that has some fire and coaches players up instead sitting in the dugout on bucket watching the world go by.

Duckdog
02-20-2024, 10:17 AM
FYI this post sucks

msudawg1200
02-20-2024, 10:20 AM
USM beat Air Force yesterday 5-7. Air Force took a bus to Hattiesburg Sunday afternoon after their game with us. I watched most of the game on ESPN+. USM cameras showed Air Force?s coach a lot and announcers talked a lot about him. He has been at Air Force for 14 years and was a fighter pilot prior to becoming their coach.

He?s appears to be very intense and very much involved coach. I know he has not won much. But if Lemon is fired at end of season I would be very much be interested him coming to State. Or somebody like him. A coach that is on the top step of the dugout every inning. A coach that is first out of dugout high fives and patting players on the back as the players come back to the dugout. Somebody anybody that has some fire and coaches players up instead sitting in the dugout on bucket watching the world go by.

I'm not saying this guy isn't a good coach, but hollering, high fiving, and acting a fool isn't coaching.

Bert Stare
02-20-2024, 11:02 AM

I honestly didn't know if I would live long enough to find someone to take my crown for biggest dumbass on elitedawgs. thank you 🙏

revdrdawg
02-20-2024, 11:06 AM
It is not good coaching to bring in a pitcher who hasn't warmed up. In Sunday's game, he called for someone from the bullpen who clearly was not ready (we sit next to the visitor bullpen). The pitcher kept trying to squeeze in a few more throws while the ump was pushing him out.

viverlibre
02-20-2024, 11:19 AM
I honestly didn't know if I would live long enough to find someone to take my crown for biggest dumbass on elitedawgs. thank you ��

OMG, :). I need that laugh.

DownwardDawg
02-20-2024, 11:29 AM
I dropped out after the first sentence.

Coach34
02-20-2024, 11:47 AM
I dropped out after the first sentence.

I'm still trying to figure out how USM beat them 5-7.

That's Democrat math

parabrave
02-20-2024, 12:08 PM
I honestly didn't know if I would live long enough to find someone to take my crown for biggest dumbass on elitedawgs. thank you ��

God I had to Rep Bert on that one. Dam you Ranch/

Homedawg
02-20-2024, 12:45 PM
Top step of the dugout is all it takes, huh??? I've read it all, now.

DownwardDawg
02-20-2024, 12:48 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how USM beat them 5-7.

That's Democrat math

It gave me a headache. I couldn't move past it.

LC Dawg
02-20-2024, 12:59 PM
Maybe he could improve on the Foglesong Flyover.

BrunswickDawg
02-20-2024, 01:02 PM
Top step of the dugout is all it takes, huh??? I've read it all, now.

What if - and hear me out here - you got a coach that was so dedicated to being on the top step that he parked his ass on a bucket and stayed there?

Quaoarsking
02-20-2024, 01:32 PM
After looking over his record, Kazlausky would be as bad of a hire as I initially thought, but we still could and will hire a bigger name with a better resume.

Extendedcab
02-20-2024, 01:52 PM

LOL, I can't stop laughing!!! This is priceless!!!

Ranchdawg
02-20-2024, 02:24 PM
Wow tuff crowd. I was merely trying to distinguish between a coach that sits his fat ass on a bucket and a coach that is actually engaged with his players. And being on top step of dugout does not necessarily make a great coach. WOW! I also said not necessarily Air Force?s coach but somebody like him that is engaged.

I did not see the their coach bring in a cold pitcher. As I was viewing the game via tv. Unlike I will be at the Dude today and tomorrow.

I thought you were supposed to put the home team score last as in 5-7

preachermatt83
02-20-2024, 03:09 PM
I agree this is a terrible take. However, cut the guy some slack. Man y’all are harsh. Keep posting ranch. No worries buddy.

Homedawg
02-20-2024, 03:37 PM
Wow tuff crowd. I was merely trying to distinguish between a coach that sits his fat ass on a bucket and a coach that is actually engaged with his players. And being on top step of dugout does not necessarily make a great coach. WOW! I also said not necessarily Air Force?s coach but somebody like him that is engaged.

I did not see the their coach bring in a cold pitcher. As I was viewing the game via tv. Unlike I will be at the Dude today and tomorrow.

I thought you were supposed to put the home team score last as in 5-7

Ron Polk sat in a chair. He never yelled at all...... different ways to do things. But I do know lem yells.

Coach34
02-20-2024, 03:39 PM
Ron Polk sat in a chair. He never yelled at all...... different ways to do things. But I do know lem yells.

Our fans seem to really want yellers for some reason

Cooterpoot
02-20-2024, 03:48 PM
FYI this post sucks
I second this

Commercecomet24
02-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Odd post. There's a gazillion baseball coaches that sit in a dugout, chair or bucket that are extremely successful. Coaches can be successful with really any temprament. The quiet, calm guys, the loud ornery guys, the rah rah guys can all be successful just as easily as those same types can be busts.

Churchill
02-20-2024, 04:30 PM
Lemonis has a better chance of becoming a fighter pilot than this guy has of becoming our head baseball coach.

Commercecomet24
02-20-2024, 04:44 PM
Lemonis has a better chance of becoming a fighter pilot than this guy has of becoming our head baseball coach.

Have some rep!

Thats hilarious! Although ol Lem may have trouble squeezing into that cockpit, lol!

smootness
02-20-2024, 04:45 PM
So you want a coach who has not won much?

BuckyIsAB****
02-20-2024, 06:02 PM
Cant be any worse than what we currently have. Austin peay is peaying our ass up

State82
02-20-2024, 06:12 PM

True story.

sandjunky
02-20-2024, 09:30 PM

And since fighter pilots are weight restricted- it?s a no go - fuel economy would suffer greatly

Todd4State
02-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Our fans seem to really want yellers for some reason

It's because Lemonis doesn't yell or is emotional enough for them.

However, if we hired Vitello we would have fans embarrassed by his antics and cussing just like they were upset with Cohen for yelling and cussing at players. And I remember when Polk II was our coach our fans wanted someone with more fire than Polk II and wanted Cohen- until we actually hired him.

In other words MSU fans want the complete opposite of whatever we have.

And I didn't think Air Force's coach was anything that noticeably different than any other coach out there. I'll be honest our staff was probably more involved than he was. I saw several team dugout meetings in our dugout in between innings and coaches constantly talking to players.

Todd4State
02-21-2024, 12:37 AM
Cant be any worse than what we currently have. Austin peay is peaying our ass up

Ummmm...yeah it can.

Quaoarsking
02-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Ummmm...yeah it can.

No matter what happens this year, 2022-24 probably won't be as bad as 2008-10. As long as we go at least 7-23, we'll exceed the 24 wins of that awful stretch.

Todd4State
02-21-2024, 02:18 AM
No matter what happens this year, 2022-24 probably won't be as bad as 2008-10. As long as we go at least 7-23, we'll exceed the 24 wins of that awful stretch.

A lot of people have forgotten or were too young. Absolute lowest I've ever seen our baseball program. Not only did you have losing but you had a LOT of infighting with Polk resigning and trying to force Raffo in and then Cohen literally having to fight against our own fans and boosters over ridiculous BS. 2023 was better than ANY year during that stretch in and of itself. Program needed a complete enema and Cohen not only did that- he eventually got us to where we were a team in Omaha every year and was basically actually meeting our fans expectations every year. Even if he wasn't the coach then. Say what you will about him as an AD- which he was awful at- he is a big reason why we won a NC. I just wish he was the coach of the team in 2021 because he deserved it as much as anyone not named Ron Polk.