PDA

View Full Version : UPig loses to James Madison. Van Horn ?knows it?

Coach34
02-18-2024, 05:24 PM
That?s baseball

Quaoarsking
02-18-2024, 05:25 PM
You got embarrassed pretty hard in the Fall for gloating too soon. If I were you, I'd sit this one out.

Gloat all you want once we're announced as a Regional host.

MetEdDawg
02-18-2024, 05:28 PM
Half the teams in the SEC lost to an unranked opponent this weekend. Most of those teams are ranked teams too.

Anyone freaking out about a loss like Saturday this early in the season doesn't know what they are talking about.

preachermatt83
02-18-2024, 05:29 PM
Exactly. And om got ran out of the park yesterday by Hawaii. Lsu lost yesterday. Louisville lost. It happens. I stand by what I have said for two games, could be wrong, but we look like a much improved team. Take away Holcomb yesterday and we are 3-0. For the most part we pounded the zone. This team looks like a Tourny team to me. I know a lot of ppl don’t like Lemo. I am not sure if he’s great or not. I kinda lean that he is pretty dang good but I could easily be pursuaded diff. But I genuinely like the guy. I want him to do well. I think he’s a good coach.

parabrave
02-18-2024, 05:32 PM
Pitching is def better.

msstate7
02-18-2024, 05:44 PM
Half the teams in the SEC lost to an unranked opponent this weekend. Most of those teams are ranked teams too.

Anyone freaking out about a loss like Saturday this early in the season doesn't know what they are talking about.

There's no doubt that many of the sec teams are good. I think it's very much a question if we're good. We haven't made the sec tourney in 2 years, and we're picked to miss it again this year by the coaches. Hopefully they're wrong, but nothing this weekend shows they are

ETA... in the last sentence, I shoulda used the word "proved" instead of "shows".

One thing I do find encouraging is our starts on Saturday and Sunday. Those were nice

somebodyshotmypaw
02-18-2024, 06:17 PM
I’m not off the wagon. It’s a long season and one loss doesn’t make or break you. However, whether we are playing Alcorn, Air Force, or LSU, I don’t like giving away a game. I felt like we gave away a win yesterday. It’s that simple. I felt like we gave it away. We will lose some games, and that’s life. But let’s not give them away.

R2Dawg
02-18-2024, 06:19 PM
Hard to say; how good is Air Force? Everyone put Long Beach St. in top 10 few years ago after they took opening series from us. They didn't end up all that great.

Does seem like our pitching is better; hitting maybe good. Just gotta find the right lineup and combination before SEC.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-18-2024, 06:23 PM
Hard to say; how good is Air Force? Everyone put Long Beach St. in top 10 few years ago after they took opening series from us. They didn't end up all that great.

Does seem like our pitching is better; hitting maybe good. Just gotta find the right lineup and combination before SEC.

The bottom of our order is an obvious concern. But that is mostly due to injuries to Kohler, Mershon, and Highfill.

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2024, 06:25 PM
That?s baseball

Too easy

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2024, 06:27 PM
You got embarrassed pretty hard in the Fall for gloating too soon. If I were you, I'd sit this one out.

No it was all leaches fault and our bad apple kids on offense

Homedawg
02-18-2024, 06:47 PM
No it was all leaches fault and our bad apple kids on offense

Dear goodness can you at least keep this nonsense on a separate thread.....

Coursesuper
02-18-2024, 07:08 PM
Dear goodness can you at least keep this nonsense on a separate thread.....

He’s downright sandy down there.

Coach34
02-18-2024, 07:11 PM

I didn’t get embarrassed. I still enjoyed watching us on offense more this past Fall than I did watching 300 dump offs to RB’s. Arnett wasn’t ready yet and it showed obviously. Hated that for him. But it’s also telling our new HC didn’t want our “record setting” QB to play for him. Says alot

BuckyIsAB****
02-18-2024, 08:26 PM
I didn?t get embarrassed. I still enjoyed watching us on offense more this past Fall than I did watching 300 dump offs to RB?s. Arnett wasn?t ready yet and it showed obviously. Hated that for him. But it?s also telling our new HC didn?t want our ?record setting? QB to play for him. Says alot

Yeah it says he is going to ask his QB to run the ball.

The fact that you enjoyed watching that more than our previous teams that won with an offense you hate says it all. Foot meet mouth

Have fun watching western Kentucky this season, funny how it all works out