PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Observations

bigbub50
02-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Dohm gave up some good contact pitching. I was a little concerned there. He did pound the strike zone which is good. Only 1 earned run thru 4 (2 runs overall). I?m not sure he is a Friday sec starter but it is way too early to make that call. Only 2 walks of the game were by him.

Siary gave up solid contact as well. A little concerning.

Davis and our 3 arm slot guy (not sure how to spell his name) looked really good.

I was a bit disappointed we didn?t dominate, but after scrolling through sec scores, Fla got upset, vandy gave up double digit runs and had to walk it off at the end. Lsu gave up more runs than us in a struggle win. And arky gave up 4 and only scored 6. It?s early.

I was also impressed with Cupp?s at bats. 3 walks on the night. He is bigger than I imagined he would be.

bigbub50
02-17-2024, 12:43 PM
Another note on Dohm, I was at the game and trying to watch the radar gun. The highest velocity I saw was 96 and that was once. He was consistently hitting 95. Seems like he was consistent at 97 last year (maybe I’m wrong). I’m for this though, if Parker has made adjustments to get move movement and increase accuracy by decreasing velocity slightly.

Cooterpoot
02-17-2024, 12:49 PM
The only things from the first game of the season you can really say much about is we pounded the zone, got another starter hurt, and we won. Cupp showed he's got a chance to be a star too. The rest was just game one stuff to me.

BeardoMSU
02-17-2024, 12:53 PM
The only things from the first game of the season you can really say much about is we pounded the zone, got another starter hurt, and we won. Cupp showed he's got a chance to be a star too. The rest was just game one stuff to me.

What's the word on the injury? How bad/long?

bigbub50
02-17-2024, 01:01 PM
If our 3rd baseman is out, can Mershon, Cupp, and Larry cover 2nd, ss, and 3rd in some capacity or do we roll with Chester? I know Mershon is dinged up a bit.

ZedFedder
02-17-2024, 01:37 PM
If Kohler is out and Mershon gets back quick, I go Cupp at 3B, Mershon at SS, and Larry at 2B.

Todd4State
02-17-2024, 03:26 PM
Dohm's velocity will take a tick up when we put him back in the bullpen.

Commercecomet24
02-17-2024, 04:58 PM

This is the most accurate assessment.