PDA

View Full Version : Big News for my Storm Chase Team

starkvegasdawg
02-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Yesterday we received word that our application to become a 501(c)3 non-profit tax deductible charitable organization was approved. We still have a few odds and ends to finish setting up on our end before we officially go live, but we have gotten all the approvals taken care of. We're hoping to be able to use this status to greatly increase what we do to help keep people safe. We have a couple of ideas already in mind of projects we want to undertake once things are all good to go. Y'all already helped make one a reality with your generous donation of the medical supplies and that is just the tip of the iceberg of what we want to do.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2024, 12:12 PM
Congratulations SVD! Keep up the great work! We'll keep supporting you! Thanks for all you do! Keep us posted on how we can help!

starkvegasdawg
02-16-2024, 02:29 PM
Congratulations SVD! Keep up the great work! We'll keep supporting you! Thanks for all you do! Keep us posted on how we can help!

Thank you. Once we get everything else set up on our end I'll post those details here and the early projects we want to do. The one ongoing now is the one I mentioned a while bac in getting cameras on cell towers. Every single meteorologist I have talked to loves the idea. I'm just having issues getting it front of anybody important. I spoke with a guy at MEMA the other day and he liked the idea and was going to run it up the totem pole there to gauge interest and I have a former lobbyist in Jackson that thinks she might be able to get me in touch with the MS Speaker of the House so I'm waiting to hear back on that. But if any of you have any contacts in the state legislature, exec at MEMA or Cspire, or anybody else that might be able to help us get this off the ground please let me know. This is the one thing I want to see happen before I start my second career of pushing up daisies.