PDA

View Full Version : Willie Gay to the 'Boys?

Saltydog
02-15-2024, 02:36 PM
https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-predicted-sign-chiefs-willie-gay/

parabrave
02-15-2024, 03:06 PM
Dam Jerrah finally making a move. Now go get AJ Brown or Derrick Henry.

dawgman42
02-15-2024, 03:29 PM
Only time I've ever been able as one of their fans to say it's time to Gay up the Cowboys!

Homedawg
02-15-2024, 03:44 PM

They can't afford to sign AJ and resign CeeDee. I'll take CeeDee

State82
02-15-2024, 05:15 PM

Yeah. CeeDee.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2024, 06:05 PM

I'd take what D. Henry has left in the tank for a 1 or 2 year contract, too, tho.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-15-2024, 07:41 PM
They don't need WRs, they need OL and DTs. Get OL and DT first 2 rounds, a S 3rd, and another OL to develop for a year or 2. Assuming you can sign Gay, if not you'll need to use a 2nd/3rd on a LB

But they absolutely need interior OL

Todd4State
02-15-2024, 09:20 PM
Dak throwing to AJ Brown is Lynn Spruill's dream.

Homedawg
02-15-2024, 09:25 PM
They don't need WRs, they need OL and DTs. Get OL and DT first 2 rounds, a S 3rd, and another OL to develop for a year or 2. Assuming you can sign Gay, if not you'll need to use a 2nd/3rd on a LB

Oh they need wr. They just can't afford one that cost 20 mil.

Lord McBuckethead
02-15-2024, 09:38 PM

To get Chris Jones, Willie Gay, AJ Brown, and Sweat. Dak can cut his own contract to do it. Got to keep CeeDee too.

Coach34
02-15-2024, 10:14 PM
They were good enough at WR this year. They couldnt run the ball when they needed to.

Sign Gay
Sign a DT- Jones will cost too much
Sign Henry at TB
Draft an OT in the 1st round
Draft a DT in R2
Draft an inside OL guy in R3
Go Secondary/LB in R4

BeardoMSU
02-16-2024, 12:24 AM
They were good enough at WR this year. They couldnt run the ball when they needed to.

Sign Gay
Sign Henry at TB
Draft a DT in R2
Go Secondary/LB in R4

This^

ArrowDawg
02-16-2024, 01:09 AM
Jerruh ain't doing squat. Like Bo Bounds said on his show, the Cowboys will continue to have the same problem as always. They have no real general manager. They have no clue how to build a title contending team or instill a championship culture. They'll keep choking in the postseason......if they get there.

Dawgology
02-16-2024, 08:35 AM

Sign Gay
Sign Henry at TB
Draft a DT in R2
Go Secondary/LB in R4

Exactly. Unfortunately Jerry is a dumbass. I truly believe after this year Dak will leave the Cowboys and probably win a Super Bowl for another team. While cowboys fans continue to whine about not have a QB that can run, catch and play defense.

Homedawg
02-16-2024, 09:43 AM
Exactly. Unfortunately Jerry is a dumbass. I truly believe after this year Dak will leave the Cowboys and probably win a Super Bowl for another team. While cowboys fans continue to whine about not have a QB that can run, catch and play defense.
Dak isn't leaving Dallas. They can't afford for him to leave due to dead money against the cap. They will sign him to an extension

Commercecomet24
02-16-2024, 09:52 AM
Dak isn't leaving Dallas. They can't afford for him to leave due to dead money against the cap. They will sign him to an extension

This, they're already working on it and I'm sure the extension will be completed soon.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2024, 09:55 AM

Sign Gay
Sign Henry at TB
Draft a DT in R2
Go Secondary/LB in R4

This is what they need to do but with Jerry in charge they'll probably draft 3 wrs and 3 rbs lol. They better get some guys on defense who can stop the run(DT's you mentioned) because they got reamed by teams who could run the football. Need an OT and some inside OL guys too, because they couldn't run when it counted. Really good assessment, 34.

MaroonFlounder
02-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Dallas' once great o-line is now garbage.

Watch them not address it at all.

Homedawg
02-16-2024, 10:26 AM
Dallas' once great o-line is now garbage.

Watch them not address it at all.

The line is aging no doubt. But it was ranked 3rd late in the year. So garbage isn't remotely accurate. People just spout that

SouthMSDog
02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
This is what they need to do but with Jerry in charge they'll probably draft 3 wrs and 3 rbs lol. They better get some guys on defense who can stop the run(DT's you mentioned) because they got reamed by teams who could run the football. Need an OT and some inside OL guys too, because they couldn't run when it counted. Really good assessment, 34.

Or some LBs that bigger than 225 lbs. They couldn't hold up against the run and it got exposed late in the year.

Tbonewannabe
02-16-2024, 12:00 PM
The line is aging no doubt. But it was ranked 3rd late in the year. So garbage isn't remotely accurate. People just spout that

They have two good guards and half the time LT. Dak started speeding up and that helped.

Cowbell
02-16-2024, 02:13 PM
I'd take what D. Henry has left in the tank for a 1 or 2 year contract, too, tho.

Henry and a big time run-stopping DT would completely change this team

Cowbell
02-16-2024, 02:14 PM
They have two good guards and half the time LT. Dak started speeding up and that helped.
It was garbage last year - better this year for sure

Commercecomet24
02-16-2024, 02:28 PM
Or some LBs that bigger than 225 lbs. They couldn't hold up against the run and it got exposed late in the year.

Sure couldn't hurt. They just got destroyed by teams with a good run game.

parabrave
02-16-2024, 02:38 PM
The main problem with the line rested on one player. A certain tackle who was always holding or whiffing.

maroonmania
02-16-2024, 02:45 PM

It was garbage as far as run blocking because Dallas absolutely could not run the ball this past season against any decent defense.

R2Dawg
02-16-2024, 07:51 PM
https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-predicted-sign-chiefs-willie-gay/

Like it. Give me some more Dawg in Dallas.

parabrave
02-18-2024, 12:25 PM
Dam Willie getting stupid drunk on the national stage and acting like Long Duc Dong wasn't the smartest thing you ever did. They should make a Hangover movie about the Chiefs parade/

https://youtu.be/a1XZ-pZUKJ0

Percho
02-18-2024, 03:36 PM
This^

+ 1

parabrave
02-18-2024, 05:25 PM

Sign Gay
Sign Henry at TB
Draft a DT in R2
Go Secondary/LB in R4

you forgot to add run an uptodate offense not something that was run at GB 10 years ago/ Did the Boys ever run a pic play?

Joebob
02-18-2024, 11:30 PM
I don't know what KC can offer Gay, but if it's anywhere close to what Dallas does, he'd be a fool to leave and pass up a chance to win 3 Super Bowls in a row. How many players get that kind of opportunity? At the end of your career, nobody wants to hear about how much money you made. They want to hear about how many rings you won.