PDA

View Full Version : General Pro Baseball Stuff

Todd4State
02-15-2024, 01:53 PM
Baseball is going to be in the Olympics in 2028 and there are serious discussions that MLB players are going to be able to participate in the Olympic Games. There are some logistics but they're talking about having baseball early and have it around the All Star break so before opening ceremonies.

The Carribbean World Series took place in Miami a week ago it was a huge hit. Look for more Carribbean World Series games to take place at MLB parks. For those that don't know, Latin American countries like Cuba, the Dominican, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Mexico have pro baseball leagues with MLB players on them that play in the winter. Those leagues are hugely popular in their countries and the atmosphere at the games is awesome. Hopefully they'll bring it and the WBC to Houston where it is closeish to me.

Both are huge opportunities for MLB to grow internationally and it's going to be awesome to see! All built on the heels of the WBC. Speaking of the WBC you're about to see insurance companies and MLB pitchers work out deals where they can participate as MLB pitchers are wanting to represent their countries- Team USA in particular.

Don't be surprised to see more MLB teams playing "friendlies" against international teams too. The Yankees are playing the Mexico City Red Devils this year in an exhibition game.

Going to be a lot of fun for me!!

Saltydog
02-16-2024, 10:56 AM
As for the Olympics, well, it'll turn into what basketball has........At first you had the Dream Team and now you get a lot of really good players but not all the biggest names participate so it's kinda become rather pedestrian, at least for me...........

SPMT
02-16-2024, 12:08 PM
Baseball is going to be in the Olympics in 2028 and there are serious discussions that MLB players are going to be able to participate in the Olympic Games. There are some logistics but they're talking about having baseball early and have it around the All Star break so before opening ceremonies.

The Carribbean World Series took place in Miami a week ago it was a huge hit. Look for more Carribbean World Series games to take place at MLB parks. For those that don't know, Latin American countries like Cuba, the Dominican, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Mexico have pro baseball leagues with MLB players on them that play in the winter. Those leagues are hugely popular in their countries and the atmosphere at the games is awesome. Hopefully they'll bring it and the WBC to Houston where it is closeish to me.

Both are huge opportunities for MLB to grow internationally and it's going to be awesome to see! All built on the heels of the WBC. Speaking of the WBC you're about to see insurance companies and MLB pitchers work out deals where they can participate as MLB pitchers are wanting to represent their countries- Team USA in particular.

Don't be surprised to see more MLB teams playing "friendlies" against international teams too. The Yankees are playing the Mexico City Red Devils this year in an exhibition game.

Going to be a lot of fun for me!!

That is fantastic. I would watch a Caribbean game anytime anywhere.

Political Hack
02-16-2024, 02:44 PM
I speak with one of the team USA coaches from time to time and it sounds like there's a pretty good chance it'll be a mixed roster of pros and a maybe a few college kids, but the intent is to build a roster that will win... so I'd expect it to be Dream Team-esq the first time or two. Would be a blast to watch. The WBC was great.

Todd4State
02-17-2024, 02:30 AM
As for the Olympics, well, it'll turn into what basketball has........At first you had the Dream Team and now you get a lot of really good players but not all the biggest names participate so it's kinda become rather pedestrian, at least for me...........

I think it may be different for baseball because it is a lot more competitive than it is with basketball. Like Team USA still pretty much dominates unless they're just not paying attention in basketball.

Baseball isn't like that. And winning gold medals and WBC titles are going to become things that enhance the legacy of players.