PDA

View Full Version : When is this new faciity master plan supposed to be released again?

TStationDawg
02-14-2024, 03:01 PM
Thought I read somewhere (on here?) renderings would probably be creeping out sometime "soon" but can't remember how long ago that was. Anyone got updates or info?

RocketDawg
02-14-2024, 03:48 PM
What facility are we talking about?

MStateDawg
02-14-2024, 04:44 PM
Thought I read somewhere (on here?) renderings would probably be creeping out sometime "soon"

Are you referring to this tweet: https://twitter.com/LFLatMSU/status/1755700669720223837

gtowndawg
02-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Are you referring to this tweet: https://twitter.com/LFLatMSU/status/1755700669720223837

I saw that tweet and been wondering about the same thing. Highly interested to see that plan!

confucius say
02-14-2024, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't pour money into facilities right now. Not until this climate changes.

Bothrops
02-14-2024, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't pour money into facilities right now. Not until this climate changes.

The problem is we have fallen behind again, and some of the master plans other institutions are drawing up will put them in a different category. This race sucks but our hand is being forced.

Lord McBuckethead
02-14-2024, 09:36 PM
Well we needed a new basketball arena. Instead we got a limited party deck.

TheLostDawg
02-14-2024, 10:26 PM
Add more seats to the dude. We know those will be sold

TheLostDawg
02-14-2024, 10:35 PM
However the big companies will just buy all those seats up so people like me can't get them. Then they don't go and the stadium will look half empty especially when we aren't competitive like the last two years

Leeshouldveflanked
02-15-2024, 06:25 AM
Just raise prices. We need to recover $ that was spent.

Pancho
02-15-2024, 07:47 AM

just shoot a text to Selmon. I'm sure he'll be glad for the input.

Extendedcab
02-15-2024, 10:19 AM

If you are looking for more average fans to fill seats, this is not the way!

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2024, 10:52 AM

Baseball needs to go to the back of the line. Football needs upgrades way worse and football actually turns a profit.

TStationDawg
02-15-2024, 11:14 AM
Baseball needs to go to the back of the line. Football needs upgrades way worse and football actually turns a profit.

This is what I am most interested in seeing regarding facilities. The Hump is the Hump at this point- especially since they just finished recent reno's (whatever your opinion of them may be). Baseball is fine. Fix product on the field first (which I think we have begun that process with Parker from all early reports).

Football is the one that turns a profit and we need to increase that margin to make up for shortfalls. It's also the face of the university (no disrespect to the Dude) to the rest of the country and yes, that does matter. Our press box and behind the scenes environment for talking heads are attrocious not to mention all other obvious warts. I think we finally have a staff that can sell and maximize the investment- but we need to do it right.

RockyDog
02-15-2024, 11:17 AM

That would be a brilliant move to pour more money into the 13th-14th best program in the SEC after just building a new stadium within the last 5 years.

CaptainObvious
02-15-2024, 11:40 AM
This is what I am most interested in seeing regarding facilities. The Hump is the Hump at this point- especially since they just finished recent reno's (whatever your opinion of them may be). Baseball is fine. Fix product on the field first (which I think we have begun that process with Parker from all early reports).

Football is the one that turns a profit and we need to increase that margin to make up for shortfalls. It's also the face of the university (no disrespect to the Dude) to the rest of the country and yes, that does matter. Our press box and behind the scenes environment for talking heads are attrocious not to mention all other obvious warts. I think we finally have a staff that can sell and maximize the investment- but we need to do it right.

I am a hard core Baseball Fan and will likely watch every game State plays either on TV, my phone or in person.

But 👆👆👆is the correct answer. Take the TV and conference money and put it into Football facilities and players/development. We will never be in the Top 6 of Football now that Texas and Oklahoma have been added. And fear not, the Bearsharks will come back to the pack as well. But we can be in the Top half and that is getting us into some pretty good bowl games, which is about as good as State can expect in football. And we better be fine with that or you are just setting yourself up for more disappointment.

gtowndawg
02-15-2024, 11:47 AM

Yep

Cooterpoot
02-15-2024, 12:03 PM

The Dude is rarely full. That would be a huge waste of money. Rumor is the facility plans will come out late spring/early summer. We know west side suites and the SEZ are things coming/changing. Ne interesting to see the SEZ plan.

gtowndawg
02-15-2024, 12:30 PM
The Dude is rarely full. That would be a huge waste of money. Rumor is the facility plans will come out late spring/early summer. We know west side suites and the SEZ are things coming/changing. Ne interesting to see the SEZ plan.

SEZ plans are by far what I'm curious to see.

CaptainObvious
02-15-2024, 03:11 PM

It is not quite that simple. All of the grand stand seats are paid for. The only baseball tickets available are considered Standing Room Only and the General Public literally has to race each other, young, old, and very old, to get a spot on either of the Berm areas. The Right Field Terrace is controlled and dominated by Students who are doing more drinking, cursing, socializing and working in their Hook Up Lines then watching the game. The Left Field Lounge Area is so exclusive they literally block the platform walkway that was supposed to create a 360 walking ring around the park. Certain areas of the Dude are more exclusive than the Acorn Covered Ground in the Snob investive Grove!

So, yea, the dude needs more actually seats but it should not happen before Davis Wade is updated to a more modern football venue!

Pancho
02-15-2024, 03:44 PM
Ive sat in every area of the stadium including the suites behind the fence and in my opinion the level of alcohol consumption is the same level in the berm areas as well as the lounge. nothing wrong with enjoying the atmosphere

Homedawg
02-15-2024, 03:48 PM
It is not quite that simple. All of the grand stand seats are paid for. The only baseball tickets available are considered Standing Room Only and the General Public literally has to race each other, young, old, and very old, to get a spot on either of the Berm areas. The Right Field Terrace is controlled and dominated by Students who are doing more drinking, cursing, socializing and working in their Hook Up Lines then watching the game. The Left Field Lounge Area is so exclusive they literally block the platform walkway that was supposed to create a 360 walking ring around the park. Certain areas of the Dude are more exclusive than the Acorn Covered Ground in the Snob investive Grove!

So, yea, the dude needs more actually seats but it should not happen before Davis Wade is updated to a more modern football venue!

Here's the problem, if and when we add new seats at the Dude, and it's down the road, they won't be for Ga. They will be sold to people on the waiting list who pay a seat licesnsing fee and season tickets. Therefore, the GA problem isn't improved, only made worse if anything.

Mjoelner34
02-15-2024, 05:05 PM
IMO, there are only 2 things wrong with Dudy Noble and only one of them has to do with the facility itself. 1. Seating. As someone stated, its rarely full. That's mostly because of the lack of grandstand seating for the general public. I understand that every grandstand seat has been sold out as a season ticket but the very simple fix would be to do like Ole Miss does. Buy a GA ticket and you can sit in any non club level grandstand seat from the moment you walk into the stadium. If/when the owner of that seat shows up and presents the ticket for that seat, you go grab a spot on a berm or along a drink rail. Doing this wouldn't cost a thing and would actually generate more money through ticket sales. 2: Now the one that would cost money would be to expand the bathrooms in the outfield. On SEC weekends, lines form before the 2nd inning at both the men's and women's rooms and they just get longer and longer as the game goes on. With the permanent building in LF and the Junction John trailer in CF, the old Dudy Noble had more bathroom space than the 'new and improved' version. And, there were lines even back then but not nearly as bad as it is now.

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2024, 10:25 PM
Here's the problem, if and when we add new seats at the Dude, and it's down the road, they won't be for Ga. They will be sold to people on the waiting list who pay a seat licesnsing fee and season tickets. Therefore, the GA problem isn't improved, only made worse if anything.

That is the thing most people do not understand or do not want to comprehend. GA Chairbacks will never be a thing and we are not putting bleachers anywhere near this stadium, much less in it. Now maybe down the line that thinking changes, but other than MAYBE, and it is a big maybe, bringing in temporary seating for 3-4 weekends a year the stadium is has plenty capacity.

CaptainObvious
02-15-2024, 10:53 PM

And I have a TV and Remote Control in my living room. I'll be just fine I can tell you that a lot of Chairback holders show up late for weekend games. It may be fine for 20-30 year olds to seat hop each time a seat holder shows up, but it is kind of embarrassing for older people to seat hop when a seat holder shows up. So this older fan will come when I know I ain't gonna have to race youngsters to a grassy knoll. Or watch it on TV like I will tomorrow afternoon.

TheLostDawg
02-16-2024, 08:59 AM

I agree but if they would do like they did last time and ask for a commitment so they know how many to add it would be nice. Then do like mentioned above, let people sit in empty seats after the second inning or etc that would help too. If they just extend the upper level for seats, it won't look as empty because they can adjust the camera not to show it like basketball. I do agree that this needs to be done after football. Football makes the money and will do either way. If they start planning baseball while we're down with a commitment then those people are likely to keep seats unlike football that changes season to season. Again I do agree football should be next.