PDA

View Full Version : Rotation posted!

TStationDawg
02-13-2024, 10:22 AM
Dohm, Khal and Loo. I like it. I'm assuming (early on at least) Holcombe is closing? Between he, Brooks and Stone, and Cam being the set up guy, are we set up to be more like 2013 pitching staff? Just get us to the pen? Interesting.....

Cooterpoot
02-13-2024, 10:53 AM
Holcomb is long relief. He's not really a closer. I kinda expected this to be the opening rotation. I do expect it could change over the season too. Holcomb has to be more consistent & Lofton has to be 100% before either can get into the rotation. Dohm added a couple pitches and Lo is looking more consistent now. Stephen has been steady since he got here. Ligon is a wait and see deal with health and stuff.

BeardoMSU
02-13-2024, 11:12 AM
Holcomb is long relief. He's not really a closer. I kinda expected this to be the opening rotation. I do expect it could change over the season too. Holcomb has to be more consistent & Lofton has to be 100% before either can get into the rotation. Dohm added a couple pitches and Lo is looking more consistent now. Stephen has been steady since he got here. Ligon is a wait and see deal with health and stuff.

Is Lo still switching R/L?

Coach34
02-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Interesting beginning. Shows our talent tho.

Do we have a SS able to play this weekend??

HoopsDawg
02-13-2024, 12:55 PM
Interesting beginning. Shows our talent tho.

Do we have a SS able to play this weekend??

Either Lemonis is being tight lipped or our MSU reporters are doing a poor job bc I can't find an update on Mershon, Cupp, Ligon, or Highfill.

bulldogcountry1
02-13-2024, 01:52 PM
Either Lemonis is being tight lipped or our MSU reporters are doing a poor job bc I can't find an update on Mershon, Cupp, Ligon, or Highfill.

Lemonis doesn't talk about injuries.

HoopsDawg
02-13-2024, 02:11 PM
Lemonis doesn't talk about injuries.

Except when he does.

It's one thing to go into detail about an injury. It's another to say Mershon is out this weekend with an injury. He will be reevaluated in 2 weeks or something to that effect.

Homedawg
02-13-2024, 03:30 PM
Except when he does.

It's one thing to go into detail about an injury. It's another to say Mershon is out this weekend with an injury. He will be reevaluated in 2 weeks or something to that effect.

Why does it matter? If he doesn't play, you'll know he's hurt. CL job isn't to appease the fan base by keeping them current on injuries

BeardoMSU
02-13-2024, 03:36 PM
Is Lo still switching R/L?

Bump.

Is Lo still switching his throwing arm based on Righty-Lefty?

Homedawg
02-13-2024, 03:39 PM
Bump.

Is Lo still switching his throwing arm based on Righty-Lefty?

Yes

HoopsDawg
02-13-2024, 03:53 PM
Why does it matter? If he doesn't play, you'll know he's hurt. CL job isn't to appease the fan base by keeping them current on injuries

I like to keep up with team.

Cooterpoot
02-13-2024, 04:23 PM
Mershon can play if they want him to. I don't expect Ligon and Highfill probably is at DH. Lemonis is tighter than his bucket booty hole with injury news but that seems to be what's hinted at some. I don't think you'll see Lo lefty nearly as much as Lo righty. He's been much better right side.

CaptainObvious
02-13-2024, 04:28 PM
I'm just glad Lemonis is fat again! Look out Omaha! The Dogs are in their way back!!!

confucius say
02-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Mershon allegedly is good. Rumor.

Lo has been pitching more right vs left handlers. I think you'll see left on left some where splits call for it.

Commercecomet24
02-13-2024, 05:23 PM
Mershon wants to play and is able. Depends on coaches.

preachermatt83
02-13-2024, 06:11 PM
I'm just glad Lemonis is fat again! Look out Omaha! The Dogs are in their way back!!!

Ha!! I thought this same thing the other day!! Hahaha

HoopsDawg
02-13-2024, 06:30 PM
Mershon wants to play and is able. Depends on coaches.

Thx for the info!!

schddog72
02-13-2024, 07:46 PM
Dohm, Khal and Loo. I like it. I'm assuming (early on at least) Holcombe is closing? Between he, Brooks and Stone, and Cam being the set up guy, are we set up to be more like 2013 pitching staff? Just get us to the pen? Interesting.....

For those of us among the great unwashed, who is "Loo"? Good grief, why must we have to ask for a translator in order to read the roster??

Commercecomet24
02-13-2024, 07:49 PM
Thx for the info!!

You're welcome. Mershon is a throwback he wants to play every inning. Dirtbag!

Coach34
02-13-2024, 08:05 PM
For those of us among the great unwashed, who is "Loo"? Good grief, why must we have to ask for a translator in order to read the roster??

Our Carribean dude that throws with both hands and 1 foot

Cooterpoot
02-13-2024, 08:28 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/tR20jLC9/IMG-6474.jpg

BigDawg81
02-13-2024, 08:36 PM
Either Lemonis is being tight lipped or our MSU reporters are doing a poor job bc I can't find an update on Mershon, Cupp, Ligon, or Highfill. from what I hear is that Highfill has a MCL injury. Mershon has a hammy injury and Cupp is good to go.

Coach34
02-13-2024, 08:51 PM
from what I hear is that Highfill has a MCL injury. Mershon has a hammy injury and Cupp is good to go.

Yeah- almost 3 months now and Highfill is no better. Delaying the inevitable it looks like.

Mershon is going to want to play but I think the smart move would be to give it another week. We'll see how that goes. Cupp needs the AB's anyway

Todd4State
02-13-2024, 10:41 PM
Colby certainly struggled during his last scrimmage. Apparently that was a big deal. I could see this playing out like 2012. Ben Bracewell started opening day. We brought in Chris Stratton in relief and he dominated. Eventually he dominated so much we put him in the rotation. (I thing Bracewell got hurt too but I may be misremembering)

BeardoMSU
02-13-2024, 10:44 PM

https://youtu.be/YsBipoG22Nw?si=rFlldyo1NiXuGLAZ

MagicDawg
02-14-2024, 12:27 PM

I figured the sandwich would be replaced with the natty trophy.

Ezsoil
02-14-2024, 05:08 PM

Adding the club buffet to basketball has been his downfall ...

Saltydog
02-14-2024, 05:16 PM
Unless he's dramatically improved his ability to throw strikes Holcombe is not a closer. Gotta have someone to pound the zone to be a closer.

schddog72
02-14-2024, 06:40 PM
Our Carribean dude that throws with both hands and 1 foot

Thank you; translation very much appreciated!!

KOdawg1
02-15-2024, 08:19 PM
Unless he's dramatically improved his ability to throw strikes Holcombe is not a closer. Gotta have someone to pound the zone to be a closer.
Agree

Commercecomet24
02-15-2024, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if schuelke winds up getting a shot at closing.

Todd4State
02-15-2024, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if schuelke winds up getting a shot at closing.

It will be interesting. I feel Auger, Black, and Simmons can do it as well. I'm kind of loving my idea about letting Loftin do it.

Now I'm pretty opinionated on closers and submarine pitchers because they are two of my favorite positions.

I like my closers to be like Aroldis Chapman. Flame throwers. Hit triple digits and just strike everyone out.

Now I do love Dan Quisneberry and Dennis Eckersley who was a lower arm a lot closer even though he wasn't a submarine guy.

But I like guys like Schuelke coming in like say the sixth or seventh and eating 2-3 innings.

Coach34
02-15-2024, 10:08 PM
Auger would be my guy to close based on watching him and reports this year

Loftin has got to get his emotions in check this year. That's his biggest issue. That's not what u want in a closer altho he does have that fire u would want.

I still think Holcombe is in the rotation by SEC play

The Federalist Engineer
02-15-2024, 11:28 PM
Colby certainly struggled during his last scrimmage. Apparently that was a big deal. I could see this playing out like 2012. Ben Bracewell started opening day. We brought in Chris Stratton in relief and he dominated. Eventually he dominated so much we put him in the rotation. (I thing Bracewell got hurt too but I may be misremembering)

Off topic, I always thought that Bracewell, Routt, and Woodruff injuries prevented Cohen from bringing MSU back sooner. Even in 2013, it was like MSU only had one starter. Had these three guys stayed Healthy and overlapped Stratton and Graveman, Cohen would have a natty.

Also Will Cox and Jesse McCord later. I don't recall Cox' recruiting pedigree but he was a Cape Cod guy.