PDA

View Full Version : Hey AD, think we can get a game time for Friday?

msstate7
02-12-2024, 07:51 AM
WTH

viverlibre
02-12-2024, 09:04 AM
Trying to get as good a read as possible on the rain. Rain has now been pushed back to 8, plus the probability is down to 50%.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2024, 11:51 AM
https://twitter.com/HailStateBB/status/1757080045800264141?s=20

msstate7
02-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Awesome. Let's pack out that basketball game Saturday before baseball

RockyDog
02-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2024, 05:11 PM
Awesome. Let's pack out that basketball game Saturday before baseball

Won’t happen. Everyone has to get out to their grills so they can feed the Air Force players and have them tweet about it!

msstate7
02-12-2024, 05:14 PM
Won’t happen. Everyone has to get out to their grills so they can feed the Air Force players and have them tweet about it!

lol, I'll be happy with just a better than normal crowd

DownwardDawg
02-12-2024, 06:03 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

If this is in reference to the basketball game, I agree. If it's in reference to the baseball game, then it must suck not caring about the one sport State is good at.

msstate7
02-12-2024, 06:08 PM
If this is in reference to the basketball game, I agree. If it's in reference to the baseball game, then it must suck not caring about the one sport State is good at.

Uhhh... we're in position to make the tourney 2 straight years in MBK. We are good at bball

ETA... there's 353 div 1 teams, so we're top 10% by any metric you use

CaptainObvious
02-12-2024, 06:11 PM
Uhhh... we're in position to make the tourney 2 straight years in MBK. We are good at bball

Meh. State has a chance to make the field of 68. Let me know when State makes the Sweet 16 2 years in a row. For that matter let me know when they make the top 32.

msstate7
02-12-2024, 06:13 PM
Meh. State has a chance to make the field of 68. Let me know when State makes the Sweet 16 2 years in a row. For that matter let me know when they make the top 32.

Jans has had 1 shot at it. Our fans are dumb as rocks about basketball

CaptainObvious
02-12-2024, 06:14 PM
Rocky dog probably got cut from his 5 year old T-ball team. He probably was the one playing in the dirt and his mommy got mad because he got his new white shoes dirty!

Rawdawg
02-12-2024, 06:32 PM
Jans has had 1 spot at it. Our fans are dumb as rocks about basketball

Stop insulting geology.

DownwardDawg
02-12-2024, 07:13 PM

ETA... there's 353 div 1 teams, so we're top 10% by any metric you use

That's great. I'm not knocking it. Just not a fan. I was just thinking out loud how miserable it would be to not enjoy State baseball. Top program at State for sure with a Natty to go with it.

DEDawg
02-12-2024, 07:38 PM
On tv anywhere?

CaptainObvious
02-12-2024, 10:18 PM
On tv anywhere?

SEC+ Bart and Charley on the call.

PGHBulldogBG
02-13-2024, 09:22 AM
College baseball games are fun to attend, but I find baseball boring to watch on TV. Of course winning the natty was fun and regionals are fun to watch, but I wish State put more focus on hoops and less on baseball. Hoops is a sport we can be really good at and draw more national attention to the school. I would take us making the tournament and making some far runs into it consistently if it meant our baseball team was bad most years

Todd4State
02-14-2024, 12:48 AM
College baseball games are fun to attend, but I find baseball boring to watch on TV. Of course winning the natty was fun and regionals are fun to watch, but I wish State put more focus on hoops and less on baseball. Hoops is a sport we can be really good at and draw more national attention to the school. I would take us making the tournament and making some far runs into it consistently if it meant our baseball team was bad most years

I think we should continue to support baseball as is and just continue to support basketball more. Both being good brings positive attention to MSU. I can't tell you how many times I run into someone from outside of Mississippi and they find out I went to MSU and they say "Y'all have a really good baseball team."

Coach34
02-14-2024, 09:24 AM
Basketball and Baseball are the only sports we have a chance in now. Football will be a fight to remain mediocre

Offshore Dawg
02-14-2024, 09:40 AM
Won?t happen. Everyone has to get out to their grills so they can feed the Air Force players and have them tweet about it!.

Damn Steve who pissed in your beer 🍺 today.

StarkVegasSteve
02-16-2024, 09:49 AM

Damn Steve who pissed in your beer �� today.

Oh there is no bitterness. It is just hilarious to me that some of the lounge people, and everyone here knows who I am talking about, would rather be more liked by opposing fan bases than their own. They will berate State fans for standing too close to their rig but will trip over each other trying to give someone a 4 course meal and all the beer they have if they have on an opposing teams colors. Alex Box, Baum Walker, Swayze, etc. all you hear about is how hostile it is. The first thing they say about our stadium is everyone will be fed from the opposing team.

And btw, I tested this theory out a few years ago. I wore a State polo to our Friday regional game in 21 and you would have thought I had the plague trying to stand near their rigs. The next night I wore a regular NCAA tournament shirt I had bought and people were tripping over themselves because they thought I was someone from outside our fan base

msstate7
02-16-2024, 09:52 AM
Oh there is no bitterness. It is just hilarious to me that some of the lounge people, and everyone here knows who I am talking about, would rather be more liked by opposing fan bases than their own. They will berate State fans for standing too close to their rig but will trip over each other trying to give someone a 4 course meal and all the beer they have if they have on an opposing teams colors. Alex Box, Baum Walker, Swayze, etc. all you hear about is how hostile it is. The first thing they say about our stadium is everyone will be fed from the opposing team.

And btw, I tested this theory out a few years ago. I wore a State polo to our Friday regional game in 21 and you would have thought I had the plague trying to stand near their rigs. The next night I wore a regular NCAA tournament shirt I had bought and people were tripping over themselves because they thought I was someone from outside our fan base

I'm wearing opposing teams' gear to all games now. Maybe I can eat and drink on the our fanbase haha

StarkVegasSteve
02-16-2024, 09:55 AM
I'm wearing opposing teams' gear to all games now. Maybe I can eat and drink on the our fanbase haha

It is the easiest way. I know lifelong State fans that will wear purple and gold when we play LSU because they will be treated like kings for the weekend.