PDA

View Full Version : Chief's don't win if not for Jones

TheLostDawg
02-11-2024, 10:51 PM
Mahomes doesn't get the chance if not for Jones

Todd4State
02-11-2024, 10:54 PM
He should be the MVP. I'm sure it will be Mahomes though.

Bdawg
02-11-2024, 10:56 PM
Saw where Romo pointed that out. But don’t they still get a shot even after a TD now?

msstate7
02-11-2024, 11:02 PM
Saw where Romo pointed that out. But don’t they still get a shot even after a TD now?

Yes

Dawgface
02-11-2024, 11:12 PM
You?re right. He played great. They need to have an award for the most outstanding defensive player because they?re always giving the MVP to an offensive guy.

TheLostDawg
02-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Chiefs got away with getting him on a discount this year. I have feeling they are about to have to pay up. Unfortunately they probably won't but he's already got his rings.

LC Dawg
02-11-2024, 11:28 PM
This is where our NIL people need to work. My $10/month doesn't really matter.

TheLostDawg
02-11-2024, 11:52 PM
Gay had a good game too.

Only thing saving our NIL is if Keenum and others really have connections with politicians and get very a handle on this.

At mentioned elsewhere when 16 college players make more than the starting qb in the sb, something is wrong.

Hot Rock
02-12-2024, 08:54 AM
Willie Gay has said that this was probably his last year with KC as he is looking to get paid for his 2nd contract as well. KC can't pay everyone but they have won 3 Super Bowls, it's time some of them got their pay days. Willie G should go get his $$$$.

basedog
02-12-2024, 09:04 AM
Chris Jones, Mahomes and Andy Reid are the real answer to winning the Super Bowl. All three are the best at their jobs.

Tbonewannabe
02-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Chris Jones, Mahomes and Andy Reid are the real answer to winning the Super Bowl. All three are the best at their jobs.

There is a reason that Travis Kelce begged Chris Jones to end his holdout. Everyone on that team knows that KC defense is only as good as Chris Jones makes it.

R2Dawg
02-12-2024, 02:36 PM
Mahomes doesn't get the chance if not for Jones

Fact. Sure the stats don't show it but I counted 6 QBH last night. 3 would have been 49er TDs if not for Jones pressure. He draws double teams every down he is out there, making everyone around him better. He is a flat out game changer.

basedog
02-12-2024, 02:45 PM
Fact. Sure the stats don't show it but I counted 6 QBH last night. 3 would have been 49er TDs if not for Jones pressure. He draws double teams every down he is out there, making everyone around him better. He is a flat out game changer.

No doubt, man is fixn to get paid! Willie Gay is about to get a raise as well.

Todd4State
02-12-2024, 02:47 PM

Two big keys in the game no one is talking about:

The blocked field goal was huge and the difference in the game.

Dre Greenlaw getting injured was a massive loss for the 49ers. He was shutting down Kelce before he got hurt.

parabrave
02-12-2024, 03:10 PM
No one talking about CJ jacking up the entire def on the sidelines. That tells you who is the team leader.

Charlie_Sheen420
02-12-2024, 03:21 PM
Chiefs got away with getting him on a discount this year. I have feeling they are about to have to pay up. Unfortunately they probably won't but he's already got his rings.
He bet on himself this year with incentives in his contract this year. With the win last night I think he made a 1 to 2 million bonus and will likely get most if not all of that $25 million contract based on incentives for the year he had

SailingDawg
02-12-2024, 03:51 PM
No doubt, man is fixn to get paid! Willie Gay is about to get a raise as well.

You think Jones will be able to stay with the Chiefs?

Can y'all imagine if the Saints ever decided to sign quality SEC players as a priority? Jones? Dak? Slay? That?s just Miss State. Burrows? Chase? Etc etc

Saltydog
02-14-2024, 09:55 AM
I agree with all the love about Jones. KC will have to pay him some big time jack but what some are missing is that he was not blocked on that final play. The Niner's had a mixup in their pass protection that allowed Jones to go untouched thru the LOS. Sure, he gets credit for it but it's not like he made some incredible play. Now the Niner's have some finger pointing going on that's hit the media.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-super-bowl-2024-jon-feliciano-blames-spencer-burford-for-missing-blocking-assignment-kansas-city-chiefs-vs-san-francisco-49ers-highlights-analysis/news-story/ff87c15155802e3bdd0271dd8372852b

msstate7
02-14-2024, 10:20 AM
I agree with all the love about Jones. KC will have to pay him some big time jack but what some are missing is that he was not blocked on that final play. The Niner's had a mixup in their pass protection that allowed Jones to go untouched thru the LOS. Sure, he gets credit for it but it's not like he made some incredible play. Now the Niner's have some finger pointing going on that's hit the media.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-super-bowl-2024-jon-feliciano-blames-spencer-burford-for-missing-blocking-assignment-kansas-city-chiefs-vs-san-francisco-49ers-highlights-analysis/news-story/ff87c15155802e3bdd0271dd8372852b

Yeah, Jones is the best dt in football, but a practice squad guy gets pressure there

TrapGame
02-14-2024, 10:36 AM
You think Jones will be able to stay with the Chiefs?

Can y'all imagine if the Saints ever decided to sign quality SEC players as a priority? Jones? Dak? Slay? That?s just Miss State. Burrows? Chase? Etc etc

That takes someone in the front office that knows what they're doing.

The Saints don't have that.

R2Dawg
02-14-2024, 12:55 PM
Yeah, Jones is the best dt in football, but a practice squad guy gets pressure there

True but he made two other TD saving plays with QBH earlier in game. Either and Chiefs don't win. Jones makes everyone around him better since he demands double teams all the time yet he still makes plays.

parabrave
02-14-2024, 01:41 PM
That takes someone in the front office that knows what they're doing.

The Saints don't have that.

This tells you how good SP was at personnel selection. SP handled the Personnel and Micky handled the Cap. Micky handles everything now. Don't know who is worse him or Jerrah.

Todd4State
02-14-2024, 02:49 PM
This tells you how good SP was at personnel selection. SP handled the Personnel and Micky handled the Cap. Micky handles everything now. Don't know who is worse him or Jerrah.

You need a true elite franchise QB in the NFL and the Saints lost that when Brees retired. Makes everyone else look better.