PDA

View Full Version : Can?t Believe There?s No Thread for the Most Successful Team on Campus

SailingDawg
02-11-2024, 04:56 PM
Our 20-6 Lady Basketball team. Florida shot 60% at our place and destroyed us by 20. We shot 48% and out rebounded the gators, but I guess you can?t overcome ten more two pointers and five more three pointers. Dammit.

Bothrops
02-11-2024, 05:37 PM
We only have about 3 players and can't afford to lose any of them.

msstate7
02-11-2024, 05:52 PM
Same old bulldogs... just when you start to believe in them, they flop. I will never go watch em again.
- if this board used the same standard applied to men

R2Dawg
02-11-2024, 05:54 PM
Our 20-6 Lady Basketball team. Florida shot 60% at our place and destroyed us by 20. We shot 48% and out rebounded the gators, but I guess you can?t overcome ten more two pointers and five more three pointers. Dammit.

UF shot the lights out from 3; don't know what it ended up but something like 12-15 or something ridiculous. We also turned the ball over like crazy. Those two things get you beat every time. Really disappointing loss for them after being on a roll to lose at home like that.

Leeshouldveflanked
02-11-2024, 06:11 PM
Lots of lack of effort at the guard position and Purcell didnt do any adjustments to slow Florida down.

CaptainObvious
02-11-2024, 06:34 PM
Lots of lack of effort at the guard position and Purcell didnt do any adjustments to slow Florida down.

Only way he was going to slow those girls down was to have maintenance put a lid over the goal. Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. Today, Our team were bugs!

99jc
02-11-2024, 07:00 PM
played like shit from the tip-off no excuse to lose AT HOME to this crap team Purcell is now on the clock***

Charlie_Sheen420
02-11-2024, 11:37 PM
Funny how there was a thread not too long ago praising Purcell saying he was night and day better than Jans?those people seem to be absent today, funny how that happens

KentuckyDawg13
02-12-2024, 09:25 AM
Sam is still learning. He prepares well for games, but in-game adjustments are not his strength yet.

Florida shooting at that clip, especially for 3 pointers was a fluke. It happens.

Ranchdawg
02-12-2024, 04:13 PM
I disagree on fluke shooting 3s. Florida no 23 was often not covered and often her shots were 3s with nobody within 10ft of her. I was screaming at the tv the whole first half find no. 23 and put pressure on her. Imo you don?t let a player continually shoot uncontested 3s when that player is red hot. You shut her down. 2nd half they kept running that rub screen at the elbow and the girl would go uncontested to the goal. We never adjusted.

Hopefully Purcell learned from this and will get some in game adjustments. If not we won?t be going deep in the SEC tourney or the NCAA.

Pancho
02-13-2024, 07:13 AM
Sam claims to have tried several adjustments in the game..................

MsuDawg_10
02-14-2024, 05:17 PM
I watched the game as well....I'm not sure what kind of adjustments Sam made, but whatever they were, weren't ones that involved putting any kind of body on the shooter from Florida. I was very disappointed in the effort during that game. I know Carter went down early, but she came back. The team was very careless with the ball. Despite that, I felt we still scored the ball ok but the perimeter defense was really bad. There were also several occasions where we just let Florida dribble around 2-3 of our players for layups. It would be nice to see the girls step up and play some defense.... there is no excuse for giving up a layup like they did from the half court set.