PDA

View Full Version : MSU baseball news and articles.........................

99jc
02-11-2024, 12:51 PM
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2024/01/26/mississippi-state-baseball-2024-pitching-chris-lemonis-justin-parker-nate-dohm-dakota-jordan/72287243007/

video below
https://www.wtva.com/news/meet-the-players-mississippi-state-hosts-event-to-get-fans-excited-about-baseball-season/article_f4f71440-c89c-11ee-be14-03ed20fd4c13.html

Coach34
02-11-2024, 02:19 PM
Maybe with the delivery change and such Dohm could be moving into a starting role. With the guys we have I'd like to see some kind of tandem approach to mess with line-ups and get the most out of guys while also limiting times the other team sees our guys. Would also keep them fresh for June

Holcombe tandemed with Purdue lefty
Dohm with Loftin
Loo with Simmons

Takes that pressure away from them. "Hey- we're looking for 4 innings out of you today. That's it."

Ranchdawg
02-11-2024, 02:57 PM
Im really bummed out that I want be able to be there for opening day. Family obligations. I?m hopeful for this season. I think we will be ok hitting the ball. Our fielding has to improve and our pitching I have a feeling will be way better or at least keep us in games especially SEC games. I think a lot of the players have heard felt the displeasure of the fan base the last two years. And understand that it will not be tolerated to go out and look lost. I want to see fire from them. I think that those two things the last couple of years have been missing.

Todd4State
02-11-2024, 03:13 PM
Maybe with the delivery change and such Dohm could be moving into a starting role. With the guys we have I'd like to see some kind of tandem approach to mess with line-ups and get the most out of guys while also limiting times the other team sees our guys. Would also keep them fresh for June

Holcombe tandemed with Purdue lefty
Dohm with Loftin
Loo with Simmons

Takes that pressure away from them. "Hey- we're looking for 4 innings out of you today. That's it."

We've got two guys that I think are definite starting pitchers only, a couple who could do both, and couple of guys who I expect to be multi inning relief options that are reliable but aren't starters. We can mix and match guys like you are talking about if they stay healthy and pan out as expected.

Could go Fri.- Holcombe/Auger

Sat. Loo/Dohm

Sun. Stephens/Schuelke

I'm hoping one of Gavin Black, Logan Forsythe, or Nolan Stevens take the closer/set up roles.

I also really like Evan Siary and he has made a lot of progress.

I'm sure very few would agree with me on this but I would start Dohm midweek and let him pitch a few innings and use him like we used Houston Harding in 2021. If someone falters he can then take the starting spot like Harding took Fristoe's.

If that happens we can still eventually start Siary midweek and be more than fine.

I'm hearing Loftin has tendinitis and that usually is a sign that he will likely need Tommy John unfortunately.

Todd4State
02-11-2024, 03:16 PM
Im really bummed out that I want be able to be there for opening day. Family obligations. I?m hopeful for this season. I think we will be ok hitting the ball. Our fielding has to improve and our pitching I have a feeling will be way better or at least keep us in games especially SEC games. I think a lot of the players have heard felt the displeasure of the fan base the last two years. And understand that it will not be tolerated to go out and look lost. I want to see fire from them. I think that those two things the last couple of years have been missing.

I think we'll learn a lot the first weekend even though it is an opponent we should sweep. I want to see some clean baseball for the most part.

State82
02-11-2024, 05:22 PM
I'm hearing Loftin has tendinitis and that usually is a sign that he will likely need Tommy John unfortunately.

Well that is some serious suckage.

Coach34
02-11-2024, 06:35 PM
Loftin is fine. Threw a pen today and is expecting to pitch against AF

Todd4State
02-11-2024, 10:55 PM
Loftin is fine. Threw a pen today and is expecting to pitch against AF

That's honestly surprising to me if he did have tendonitis.

Coach34
02-11-2024, 11:12 PM
That's honestly surprising to me if he did have tendonitis.

apparently he didnt

Todd4State
02-12-2024, 03:27 AM
apparently he didnt

That is wonderful news.