PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton on why he didn't come to State........... video

99jc
02-10-2024, 10:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/n3rCxGLJPtc

I know for a fact it was over the money i don't care what he says.

R2Dawg
02-10-2024, 11:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/n3rCxGLJPtc

I know for a fact it was over the money i don't care what he says.

Yeah everyone knows. That State team was loaded too. Aub toughest game that year was at MSU. We put some dudes in NFL off that team that Cam slighted like we didn't have top talent. Take Cam off Aub and they are maybe 8-4.

starkvegasdawg
02-10-2024, 11:56 AM
**** him.

Bdawg
02-10-2024, 01:14 PM
**** him.

This all day

DownwardDawg
02-10-2024, 01:23 PM
POS

Ranchdawg
02-10-2024, 02:12 PM
Why in the he## didn?t we come up with the money. I?ve yet to figure that out why we didn?t. The offer was there from Cam?s dad and entourage. Only thing I figured was they were to noisy with their offer and we said no because we didn?t want the NCAA coming down on us. Auburn took the risks and look what dividends it paid.

One thing I find hilarious that here and other message boards Auburn fans were coming out of the woodwork to tell us that they did NOT buy Cam. They would say over and over and over that there was no proof of payment.

99jc
02-10-2024, 02:21 PM
Why in the he## didn?t we come up with the money. I?ve yet to figure that out why we didn?t. The offer was there from Cam?s dad and entourage. Only thing I figured was they were to noisy with their offer and we said no because we didn?t want the NCAA coming down on us. Auburn took the risks and look what dividends it paid.

One thing I find hilarious that here and other message boards Auburn fans were coming out of the woodwork to tell us that they did NOT buy Cam. They would say over and over and over that there was no proof of payment.

I was told back in the day by one of Newtons kinfolk that Dan and Brackey would not pay him.....BAD CHOICE!

Lord McBuckethead
02-10-2024, 02:39 PM
Yeah everyone knows. That State team was loaded too. Aub toughest game that year was at MSU. We put some dudes in NFL off that team that Cam slighted like we didn't have top talent. Take Cam off Aub and they are maybe 8-4.

If Broomfield catches the pick 6 Newton threw him in the 4th quarter we win that game and Newton doesn?t win the National Championship undefeated.

We had an equal team to Auburn that year, only difference was Newton.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2024, 05:04 PM
POS

Yep, 100%! Narcissistic turd. We all know it was about the money!

Pancho
02-11-2024, 08:08 AM
Cam proved what he is in the post game presser after his super bowl loss.

tcdog70
02-11-2024, 11:54 AM
He was a thief

viverlibre
02-11-2024, 12:06 PM
**** him.

I don't blame scam at all. I'm much more pissed that we didn't pony up to pay him.

bulldawg28
02-11-2024, 01:36 PM
He was a thief

This, I heard we paid him and he still went to Auburn.

99jc
02-11-2024, 01:55 PM

not true.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2024, 03:11 PM
Cam proved what he is in the post game presser after his super bowl loss.

100%! It was embarrassing.

Todd4State
02-11-2024, 03:22 PM

If that happened why hasn't that come forward on MSU message boards until now?

That's quite different than the price was too high.

R2Dawg
02-11-2024, 03:23 PM
If Broomfield catches the pick 6 Newton threw him in the 4th quarter we win that game and Newton doesn?t win the National Championship undefeated.

We had an equal team to Auburn that year, only difference was Newton.

Yep, that game was there for the taking.

viverlibre
02-11-2024, 03:46 PM

Doubtful, unless we had the most retarded folks in the history of mankind handling this. You don't give them the majority of the money until after you get the wet signature.

NCMSTFAN
02-11-2024, 04:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/live/pJ9-gpKus3U?si=jqNN-PDvcZEHda8Y

You actually have to watch the whole segment.. fast forward to 1:24:39 and listen to everything he says about us. The clip posted above only shows a little bit of what he said

bulldawg28
02-11-2024, 04:58 PM
Doubtful, unless we had the most retarded folks in the history of mankind handling this. You don't give them the majority of the money until after you get the wet signature.

I don't know the exact amount given but I've been told a small NIL type payment in comparison to today's time.

Bothrops
02-11-2024, 05:52 PM
We had the best linebacker in the country that year and I'm not sure it was close. Vick Ballard had more rushing touchdowns than Mark Ingram.

Johnson85
02-11-2024, 10:56 PM

They called and left an unsolicited voicemail on a boosters phone. I don?t know if we would have gotten the money together if the go ahead had been given to the boosters to try, but I can understand being worried about what other voicemails were out there. Had auburn not been in the running for the championship, I?m not sure the sec would have gone to the mat to protect Auburn the way they did. I feel certain they wouldn?t have done so for us.

viverlibre
02-11-2024, 11:10 PM
They called and left an unsolicited voicemail on a boosters phone. I don?t know if we would have gotten the money together if the go ahead had been given to the boosters to try, but I can understand being worried about what other voicemails were out there. Had auburn not been in the running for the championship, I?m not sure the sec would have gone to the mat to protect Auburn the way they did. I feel certain they wouldn?t have done so for us.

We would have self imposed the death penalty the day before the championship game.

StarkVegasSteve
02-12-2024, 05:14 PM
I was told back in the day by one of Newtons kinfolk that Dan and Brackey would not pay him.....BAD CHOICE!

Incorrect. We offered to pay A LOT. We just did not offer to pay the asking price. Dan wanted us to pay it because he knew how good Newton was. The boosters in charge of that one just decided they would go cheap because they thought there was no way he would go anywhere else after the cowbell photo circulated.

99jc
02-12-2024, 05:22 PM
Incorrect. We offered to pay A LOT. We just did not offer to pay the asking price. Dan wanted us to pay it because he knew how good Newton was. The boosters in charge of that one just decided they would go cheap because they thought there was no way he would go anywhere else after the cowbell photo circulated.

I don't know where everyone is getting their info, but I know first-hand dan did not offer him $$$!

somebodyshotmypaw
02-13-2024, 08:00 AM
Do we know why he dresses like a rodeo clown and carries a purse?

bulldawg28
02-13-2024, 08:57 AM
I don't know where everyone is getting their info, but I know first-hand dan did not offer him $$$!

The booster did, but Dan was aware, that's how it worked.

Extendedcab
02-13-2024, 09:18 AM
Do we know why he dresses like a rodeo clown and carries a purse?

Because he is a CLOWN!

Todd4State
02-14-2024, 02:00 AM

Of course he didn't. He's not a moron. I can definitely seeing him having some kind of red phone to greenlight a booster in a time of need though.

If a coach would have been that involved he deserves the show cause he would get.

Todd4State
02-14-2024, 02:01 AM

This sounds so MSU.

Johnson85
02-14-2024, 12:37 PM

Granted this was after the fact and people potentially had a motive to deflect blame from themselves, but I was told the boosters were the ones that raised the issue of the voicemail, and that Dan wanted to bow out at that point also (not saying that he was the one ultimately making that decision, but that he was spooked also and weighed in early).

Again, there are reasons people would misdesccribe what happened, but that makes a lot of sense. Mullen was still extremely early in his head coaching career at that point. As much as he wanted to position himself for a bigger job, giving the go ahead when those dumbasses were leaving unsolicited voicemails would have been a ballsy move to say the least. Granted he would have had plausible deniability at the end of the day, but he still would have had to be recruiting and then coaching under the cloud of an investigation and then likely had to deal with significant scholarship limitations.

StarkVegasSteve
02-15-2024, 10:59 AM
Granted this was after the fact and people potentially had a motive to deflect blame from themselves, but I was told the boosters were the ones that raised the issue of the voicemail, and that Dan wanted to bow out at that point also (not saying that he was the one ultimately making that decision, but that he was spooked also and weighed in early).

Again, there are reasons people would misdesccribe what happened, but that makes a lot of sense. Mullen was still extremely early in his head coaching career at that point. As much as he wanted to position himself for a bigger job, giving the go ahead when those dumbasses were leaving unsolicited voicemails would have been a ballsy move to say the least. Granted he would have had plausible deniability at the end of the day, but he still would have had to be recruiting and then coaching under the cloud of an investigation and then likely had to deal with significant scholarship limitations.

A lot of truth to that. We had him at the set price, I believe $150 but it was 14 years ago so could be misremembering the exact figure, then Oklahoma came in and muddied the water and Auburn just was brazenly throwing money around. Auburn came in late and trumped the other offers and that is when Cecil started calling our people wanting more money. Hindsight being 20/20 we should have just given it and taken the risk but we still had athletic admin people, Bracky, who were gunshy of ever running afoul of the NCAA after the Jackie mess, which was BS and Jackie told Bracky that.

All in all, I still do not think we win a national championship that year, I still think we would have split LSU/Bama. But an 11-1 State would have been a monster in the SECG. At worst we would have been in the Sugar Bowl.

Political Hack
02-16-2024, 02:52 PM
What I was told...

Auburn allegedly offered him $200k. He had $100k already on the table. Cecil reportedly asked for it to be raised to $180k... but called a random 3rd party to inquire about the additional $80k, and they turned it in to Bracky and eventually the SEC office and the NCAA.

I don't know if any money ever changed hands, but he was headed to State until Auburn ponied up. Church got the money I believe. Rumor was that State found out when Cam called Momma Mullen and told her that they were going to take the money and go to Auburn.

SPMT
02-17-2024, 12:43 AM
Heard a bunch of similar shit. Plenty of smoke to be a fire. A lot more fun in those days.