PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dawgs About to be at 20 Wins

SailingDawg
02-08-2024, 09:12 PM
20-5 to be exact, with a demolishing of Georgia at home.

99jc
02-08-2024, 09:19 PM
20-5 to be exact, with a demolishing of Georgia at home.

and in 2nd Place behind SC

NCMSTFAN
02-08-2024, 09:42 PM
They have been playing very good basketball. Erynn Barnum and Jessika Carter in the post have both come on as a duo as of late. We have really good gaurd play with Jerkaila Jordan, Lauren Park Lane, Darionne Rodgers, Miracle Sheppard etc....

Purcell is looking like he is more than just a really good recruiter, he has these girls at 20-5 overall, 7-3 in the SEC.. and we have some pretty good depth off the bench...this team can be dangerous, that LSU win is looking like it was legit. I don't think we will win out but if we can finish strong and go maybe 4-2, we have a good shot at finishing 2nd or 3rd in the SEC and getting a good seed in the tournament.

99jc
02-08-2024, 10:42 PM
They have been playing very good basketball. Erynn Barnum and Jessika Carter in the post have both come on as a duo as of late. We have really good gaurd play with Jerkaila Jordan, Lauren Park Lane, Darionne Rodgers, Miracle Sheppard etc....

Purcell is looking like he is more than just a really good recruiter, he has these girls at 20-5 overall, 7-3 in the SEC.. and we have some pretty good depth off the bench...this team can be dangerous, that LSU win is looking like it was legit. I don't think we will win out but if we can finish strong and go maybe 4-2, we have a good shot at finishing 2nd or 3rd in the SEC and getting a good seed in the tournament.

Purcell is the best coach on campus!

MetEdDawg
02-08-2024, 11:21 PM
3 of our next 5 are on the road against Ole Miss (projected 7 seed), Alabama (projected 11 seed), and Auburn (projected last team in).

Get 2 of those and take the other 3 against non tournament teams (all at home) and we are a Top 25 team likely on the 5 or 6 line of the big tournament.

Skydawg1
02-08-2024, 11:40 PM
Purcell is the best coach on campus!100%

NCMSTFAN
02-09-2024, 07:13 AM
Purcell is the best coach on campus!

I agree!

BigDawg81
02-09-2024, 08:23 AM
100% the soccer coach is pretty good too and might have something to say about that.

Saltydog
02-09-2024, 11:15 AM
the soccer coach is pretty good too and might have something to say about that.

Yeah, and the captain of our bass fishing and frisbee golf teams are right up there too...........Don't we own a natty in one of those?

PGHBulldogBG
02-09-2024, 12:10 PM
Purcell has done a great job here. Year 1 gets to the round of 32 and has been recruiting well. Currently tied for 2nd in year two and looking to get a decent seed. I do like Jans but Purcell has done the better job so far with results. I think they are about equal in their coaching ability but Purcell is a better recruiter

NWADAWG
02-09-2024, 02:52 PM
Purcell has done a great job here. Year 1 gets to the round of 32 and has been recruiting well. Currently tied for 2nd in year two and looking to get a decent seed. I do like Jans but Purcell has done the better job so far with results. I think they are about equal in their coaching ability but Purcell is a better recruiter

I'm assuming that NIL's/pay for play are much smaller in women's basketball compared to the men. Does that make it easier or harder to recruit well? You can't just throw money a recruits to win the battle but neither can you competition.

NCMSTFAN
02-09-2024, 03:31 PM

Purcell is out here getting top 50 and top 100 players in. Also brought in the #3 transfer portal class in the nation, I bet he will do it again this offseason, he already has a commitment from top 50 Tahj Bloom. Jans is still getting 3 star players we have 2 committed for next seaon already. Hopefully he can find some help in the Portal but he hasn't shown me anything yet to feel good about his recruiting. I know NIL plays a big deal on both sides now but thats the name of the game, Ole Miss had a nice class on the Men's and Women's side so we should be able to do it too.