PDA

View Full Version : Clown show led by Chris ?Bozo? Jans

RockyDog
02-03-2024, 09:17 PM
Clean house, Selmon.

NCMSTFAN
02-03-2024, 09:23 PM
It's bad. We look horrible, Jans is going to have to bring in better recruits or he will be gone. Just not enough talent on his roster and please stop with this supposedly good defense because I don't see it

Thick
02-03-2024, 09:25 PM
We’re definitely hard to watch!

HoopsDawg
02-03-2024, 09:27 PM
Embarrassing performance. Awful offense. Quit on D at the 10 minute mark. Bama getting every loose ball.

PGHBulldogBG
02-03-2024, 09:30 PM
The season was over when we lost to Southern at home. Only top 50 NET team to have a quad 4 loss. Just got to hope things play out right for a miracle to make the tournament

Skydawg1
02-03-2024, 09:31 PM
It's bad. We look horrible, Jans is going to have to bring in better recruits or he will be gone. Just not enough talent on his roster and please stop with this supposedly good defense because I don't see itThe defense has all but disappeared. Dentist, my ass. Holding teams to 60 pts...lrrl.

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2024, 09:32 PM
Again, you do not lose to Southern without significant locker room problems. It just looks to me like they dont care for each other very much. I think Jan?s is a good coach. It is impossible to coach at the SEC level right now with the current system. They have absolutely no reason to listen to you

msstate7
02-03-2024, 09:34 PM
The season was over when we lost to Southern at home. Only top 50 NET team to have a quad 4 loss. Just got to hope things play out right for a miracle to make the tournament

FAU

Dawgology
02-03-2024, 09:34 PM
Very poorly coached team.

Maroonthirteen
02-03-2024, 09:35 PM
Alabama is &tates daddy in every sport, maybe not baseball. Anyways this is no surprise. On to UGA.

BuckyIsAB****
02-03-2024, 09:38 PM
I was about to say they haven?t beat us in baseball in forever

msstate7
02-03-2024, 09:40 PM
Alabama is &tates daddy in every sport, maybe not baseball. Anyways this is no surprise. On to UGA.

We can't beat them. I chalk every game up as a loss before it's played to save myself the grief. This is a damn good bama team at home though... beat SC by 27, scored 109 vs lsu, and beat auburn.

This performance is horrible, but this ain't the game to get upset at us about... the home game vs bama was the blown opportunity.

NCMSTFAN
02-03-2024, 09:40 PM
The defense has all but disappeared. Dentist, my ass. Holding teams to 60 pts...lrrl.

Exactly! But what does lrrl mean

Skydawg1
02-03-2024, 09:46 PM
Oh, just means LOL.

cheewgumm
02-03-2024, 09:47 PM
Embarrassing effort

msstate7
02-03-2024, 09:49 PM
Hubbard is 4/17 shooting vs bama this season. Ouch

civildawg
02-03-2024, 09:52 PM
Zero faith in Jans. You can't be this bad offensively in this age of basketball

HoopsDawg
02-03-2024, 09:52 PM
It's very rare I turn a msu basketball off and watch something else. But it's happened tonight.

Turfdawg67
02-03-2024, 09:58 PM
Starting with OP Selmon. Rid us of this DB

Lord McBuckethead
02-03-2024, 10:31 PM
Defense is tough, when you are not guarding people.

NCMSTFAN
02-03-2024, 10:32 PM
One of the worse games I've seen from a Mississippi State basketball team including the Rick Ray and Howland days. We looked so bad. I'm still on the fence about Chris Jans, I don't buy into the "dentist " thing.. Jans' offense or defense isn't impressive and his recruiting isn't either.

parabrave
02-03-2024, 10:34 PM
Did DJ get hurt. Bama got 82 shots in with 47 3 pt atts? WTF. This game was over before it started.

CJDAWG85
02-03-2024, 10:37 PM
Tolu won’t make it in the NBA. He does the same thing when he gets the ball every time. You take away Hubbard and we have ZERO shooters. All Howland’s guys.

civildawg
02-03-2024, 10:39 PM
I want y'all just to imagine how bad this team would be if Josh Hubbard didn't fall into our lap because of ole miss firing Kermit. That's a scary thought

NCMSTFAN
02-03-2024, 10:40 PM
Tolu won’t make it in the NBA. He does the same thing when he gets the ball every time. You take away Hubbard and we have ZERO shooters. All Howland’s guys.

Not sure where DJ was or Trey Fort

MoreCowbell
02-03-2024, 10:49 PM
DJ got hurt early in game

mparkerfd20
02-03-2024, 10:56 PM
NM

msstate7
02-03-2024, 11:09 PM
Oh well, beat Georgia

Homedawg
02-03-2024, 11:16 PM
Not sure where DJ was or Trey Fort

Fort is hurt. Out

Skydawg1
02-03-2024, 11:39 PM
Oh well, beat GeorgiaGeorgia plays hard. We will have to NOT FAFO to beat them. Same goes for the other 3 teams in our "winnable" 4 game stretch. And then, @LSU, nope. My hopes for this year...finally WIN the NIT.

Rawdawg
02-03-2024, 11:54 PM
Did DJ get hurt. Bama got 82 shots in with 47 3 pt atts? WTF. This game was over before it started.

I was at the game and yes DJ got hurt. I saw him in the tunnel at halftime with an ice wrap around his knee. Really hope he?s not seriously injured.

Matt3467
02-04-2024, 12:11 AM

Aside from being a highly touted recruit what makes people think DJ is any good? This is his 5th year and it's so far his worst and none of his seasons were anything to write home about.

Rawdawg
02-04-2024, 12:16 AM
His defense. When he went down we got blown out of the gym.

preachermatt83
02-04-2024, 01:16 AM
When a coach has won everywhere he’s been, but not with you, you have to start to ask, “could it be that the problem is me?”

msstate7
02-04-2024, 01:45 AM
When a coach has won everywhere he’s been, but not with you, you have to start to ask, “could it be that the problem is me?”

He's won here

JohnnyQuid
02-04-2024, 06:13 AM
This is the level headed response from a road loss to a good team I expected. Glance up now and again make sure the sky isn't falling

Ranchdawg
02-04-2024, 07:17 AM
The Bama game was one of the worst basketball games I?ve watched in a long time. Ok Jan?s if you told the team this was going to be loss before the game even started might explain this performance. But do it again and I will be in the group that thinks you need to be gone. I expect whenever a State team hits the court, field or whatever they are to compete with max effort and compete to win. Last night I saw neither. I was embarrassed and don?t wish to ever to be embarrassed of my University. And especially true now we pay players.

R2Dawg
02-04-2024, 09:00 AM
It's very rare I turn a msu basketball off and watch something else. But it's happened tonight.

Rare but I did as well.

No effort at all on D. Jans must hire an O coach or he won't make it. The weave do nothing O then one on one. I don't know how we win as much as we do.

R2Dawg
02-04-2024, 09:02 AM
The Bama game was one of the worst basketball games I?ve watched in a long time. Ok Jan?s if you told the team this was going to be loss before the game even started might explain this performance. But do it again and I will be in the group that thinks you need to be gone. I expect whenever a State team hits the court, field or whatever they are to compete with max effort and compete to win. Last night I saw neither. I was embarrassed and don?t wish to ever to be embarrassed of my University. And especially true now we pay players.

Like I've told everyone, pay won't change a thing but make a few richer and a few poorer.

DEDawg
02-04-2024, 12:00 PM
Yeah idk how to explain this road phenom we have going on. At home we are a legit well coached and hard nosed defensive focused team. On the road we dont have an identity and seem to not care. Whatever the reason, not showing up on the road is a byproduct of poor coaching.

DEDawg
02-04-2024, 12:01 PM
He won here, that isnt really the question. Something weird is going on this year on the road. None of us know what that is, but Jans has already proven he can win here, lets not have revisionist history here

maroonmania
02-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Even now we don't have but about 8 or 9 guys in our rotation and are really light at guard. If DJ is out for a while we are screwed.

TaleofTwoDogs
02-04-2024, 02:54 PM

Same here, I watched all of the TV games this season but I got you beat this time, I didn't even bother to turn on the Bama game. No need, the outcome is a given.

Coursesuper
02-04-2024, 03:10 PM
He won here, that isnt really the question. Something weird is going on this year on the road. None of us know what that is, but Jans has already proven he can win here, lets not have revisionist history here

Come again? This is year two and last year was okay but l wouldn’t call it winning on a grand scale. I think the preacher has a point.

msstate7
02-04-2024, 03:56 PM
Come again? This is year two and last year was okay but l wouldn’t call it winning on a grand scale. I think the preacher has a point.

He made the tourney in year 1. We've made 12 all time. He's won here... literally the only people that think Jans hasn't done a good job here are our fans.

gtowndawg
02-04-2024, 04:29 PM
Probably several reasons but one reason (in my opinion) is the league has now learned how to attack Jan's defense. And without a true offensive identity we're pretty much dead in the water against equally talented teams.

Coach34
02-04-2024, 04:57 PM
Scoring is up throughout the league. Bama leads the nation in scoring.

We just dont shoot the ball very well and have to play physical basketball. As someone else said- Bama is simply a bad match-up for us. Georgia is not bad but we have to get this one and win the next 4. That will get us right back in the thick of things in an SEC that is beating itself up. Lunardi has 8 SEC teams in with Fla being the last team out right now. Shows the strength of the league.

PGHBulldogBG
02-04-2024, 05:17 PM
Teams like UK and Bama are probably the worst kind of match ups for us because of their style of play offensively. Fast tempo and having the ability to rebound with us due to size and athleticism is a bad match for Jans defense. That is why I don’t think we will beat UK at home either. Ole Miss and USCe at least doesn’t have the ability to rebound the way Bama and UK do and the reason we kept it closer with those 2 on the road. It leads me to believe we have a good chance to beat them at home. We won’t win at Auburn because no one wins there but the match up for us is much better than Bama. Defend our home court outside UK and our tourney chances come down to being able to win 2 of @Mizzou, @LSU and @aTm

DEDawg
02-04-2024, 05:23 PM
Come again? This is year two and last year was okay but l wouldn?t call it winning on a grand scale. I think the preacher has a point.

Come again? He made the tournament year 1 and has a very strong chance to make it year 2. What grand scale did I mention? We have made the FF once in our entire history, lets stop acting like making the tournament is a normal thing for us and isnt considered winning here

Coursesuper
02-04-2024, 06:09 PM
Come again? He made the tournament year 1 and has a very strong chance to make it year 2. What grand scale did I mention? We have made the FF once in our entire history, lets stop acting like making the tournament is a normal thing for us and isnt considered winning here

From where our program was I see your point. But to counter that I would suggest that “winning “ would be considered what Vic did with the women’s program and where baseball was pre collapse. Im trying not to couch things, I’m hopeful that winning will be more than just getting in the play-in it will be seen as being seeded high enough to matter and doing well in the dance. I still think that the preacher has a point, we didn’t do well in the portal, nil is still a problem for us compared to our league.

msstate7
02-04-2024, 06:24 PM
If the current sec teams projected to make the tourney do, then we would be 1 of 6 sec programs to make the tourney the last 2 years (Jans' sample at state). That puts us solid upped half of a very good basketball conf

Coach34
02-04-2024, 07:25 PM
I still think that the preacher has a point, we didn’t do well in the portal, nil is still a problem for us compared to our league.

Word is Jan is unhappy about our NIL and may be job shopping after the season

msugolf
02-04-2024, 07:37 PM

Our NIL for basketball is fine. The person hired to use the NIL funds to get players? interest in MState hoops is a different matter

Coursesuper
02-04-2024, 07:45 PM
Our NIL for basketball is fine. The person hired to use the NIL funds to get players? interest in MState hoops is a different matter

So compared to the rest of the SEC where does our nil stack up?

msugolf
02-04-2024, 07:56 PM

Dont really know how I or anyone else would know what other schools NIL budget is but in basketball we have quite a few money folks who are more than willing to pony up for players. We always have in the past

Cooterpoot
02-04-2024, 07:59 PM

Middle of the pack. It's a solid NIL. Basketball has more support than a lot of folks realize.

msstate7
02-04-2024, 08:00 PM
Middle of the pack

That's solid then

HoopsDawg
02-04-2024, 08:01 PM

Who are you referring to?

Coursesuper
02-04-2024, 08:04 PM
Dont really know how I or anyone else would know what other schools NIL budget is but in basketball we have quite a few money folks who are more than willing to pony up for players. We always have in the past

I understand and know who was funding this in the past, but we are as we all know in a new era.

Coach34
02-04-2024, 08:08 PM

just passing along some behind the scenes chatter

msstate7
02-04-2024, 08:10 PM
just passing along some behind the scenes chatter

I would hope all our coaches are steadily pushing for more NIL. Hopefully this is just trying to get that more than an actual threat to leave

smootness
02-04-2024, 08:34 PM
Our fans are absolutely pathetic.

BigDawg81
02-04-2024, 09:44 PM
He won here, that isnt really the question. Something weird is going on this year on the road. None of us know what that is, but Jans has already proven he can win here, let?s not have revisionist history here We live in the moment which most fanbases do. This team is really inconsistent. I thought State played really well other than the turnovers which was the outcome of the game. I would like to know the last time that State was at least .500 in true road games.

Reunion Dog
02-05-2024, 02:06 AM
He was job hunting last year. let his ass leave.

maroonmania
02-05-2024, 08:14 AM
We live in the moment which most fanbases do. This team is really inconsistent. I thought State played really well other than the turnovers which was the outcome of the game. I would like to know the last time that State was at least .500 in true road games.

Actually, this team is very consistent. We are quite good at home (outside of the inexplicable loss to Southern) and pretty terrible on the road. Not sure the last time was that we had a winning record on the road but I know the 2004 SEC championship 'Road Warrior' team didn't lose a road game the entire year. But I doubt we will ever see another MSU basketball team accomplish that feat.

RezDog7
02-05-2024, 09:08 AM

Did the collective decide to invest in a player that quit the team or was that the coach?

Pancho
02-05-2024, 12:12 PM
The collective as well as the coach assumed the player in question might actually play some D in addition to shooting 3 bombs but it wasn't the case.

smootness
02-05-2024, 12:34 PM
Actually, this team is very consistent. We are quite good at home (outside of the inexplicable loss to Southern) and pretty terrible on the road. Not sure the last time was that we had a winning record on the road but I know the 2004 SEC championship 'Road Warrior' team didn't lose a road game the entire year. But I doubt we will ever see another MSU basketball team accomplish that feat.

And that was an incredibly rare feat. Winning on the road in college basketball is really, really hard these days, across the country.

Lord McBuckethead
02-05-2024, 07:36 PM
Clean house, Selmon.

May be a bit overkill. This is why we can?t have anyone build anything.

Homedawg
02-06-2024, 06:11 PM
May be a bit overkill. This is why we can?t have anyone build anything.

Amen. So he wants to clean house when the guy he's speaking about is 1-1 in making the tournament and on pace to make it 2-2. Yeah makes sense.

Commercecomet24
02-06-2024, 06:40 PM
Amen. So he wants to clean house when the guy he's speaking about is 1-1 in making the tournament and on pace to make it 2-2. Yeah makes sense.

Yeah we're our own worst enemy sometimes

CaptainObvious
02-06-2024, 08:12 PM
The collective as well as the coach assumed the player in question might actually play some D in addition to shooting 3 bombs but it wasn't the case.

I just saw one of our fans say No matter what Murphy's offense thst got him suspended, Jan's needs to get over it and play him because Fort is struggling and Jeffries is out. So if Jans is that wishy washy, then keeping Taylor on a leash to give you a quick burst of 3 to 4 3's a game should have been more valuable then him playing defense the way Jans expects. I'll respect Jans more if he limits Murphy's return minutes rather then caving because he has not depth.

Coursesuper
02-07-2024, 08:06 AM
Yeah we're our own worst enemy sometimes

More often than not.