PDA

View Full Version : Old memories

bigbub50
01-31-2024, 11:09 AM
I was discussing the bears tendency to throw garbage on the field/court with a buddy today and it sparked a childhood memory of mine from the Jackie era.

It wasn?t uncommon of the east side where I sat as a lad to have stadium cups and what seemed like rolls of paper or toilet paper thrown in the stands after a huge play by the dogs. I saw a many get pegged in the back of the head with a stadium cup half full of liquor and coke. Am I remembering that correctly or was that a dream?

BrunswickDawg
01-31-2024, 11:29 AM
I was discussing the bears tendency to throw garbage on the field/court with a buddy today and it sparked a childhood memory of mine from the Jackie era.

It wasn?t uncommon of the east side where I sat as a lad to have stadium cups and what seemed like rolls of paper or toilet paper thrown in the stands after a huge play by the dogs. I saw a many get pegged in the back of the head with a stadium cup half full of liquor and coke. Am I remembering that correctly or was that a dream?

As a student in the student section on the east side in the early 90s, I can confirm both occurred. The filled cups were not as common - but empty cups, or cups with ice were. The only time I remember people doing an early version of the "Swayze showers" was at the Texas game in '91. It was so damn hot, and winning so exciting, lots of liquor and coke got spilt that day.