PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Loftin

somebodyshotmypaw
01-29-2024, 07:40 PM
Bradley Loftin was pretty highly touted. Is he healthy? Do we know what is expected from him this year? Help me baseball guys.

bulldogcountry1
01-29-2024, 07:52 PM
I was fully expecting a post about our first TJ victim.

Coach34
01-29-2024, 09:14 PM
Loftin had some bone spurs cleaned up last summer. Typical pitcher stuff.

The guy throws 90-plus with a wicked change. I see him in the weekend rotation by Week 4 in the SEC if not sooner. He is a Top 5 round draft pick in 2025- probably Top 2

The Federalist Engineer
01-29-2024, 09:30 PM
I was fully expecting a post about our first TJ victim.

Any time you mention a pitcher add "expectations" or "what to expect" or "my dog!" or "Definitely not Injured"

MSU needs a 100% Loftin and big season.

Should be rule, never just put a pitchers First and Last Name in the post title.

Coach34
01-29-2024, 09:39 PM
I got sent a video of him throwing the other day in a scrimmage. His change looks like Clemens split back in the day. He comes at you with 94 and then throws the change where the bottom drops out. He is a dude.

Homedawg
01-29-2024, 11:02 PM
I got sent a video of him throwing the other day in a scrimmage. His change looks like Clemens split back in the day. He comes at you with 94 and then throws the change where the bottom drops out. He is a dude.

If he can halfway command the zone I agree. But he's gonna have to show me first. But everything you said is true. His change is filthy.

confucius say
01-29-2024, 11:26 PM
He's got to figure out the mental side

preachermatt83
01-30-2024, 01:31 AM
Loftin had some bone spurs cleaned up last summer. Typical pitcher stuff.

The guy throws 90-plus with a wicked change. I see him in the weekend rotation by Week 4 in the SEC if not sooner. He is a Top 5 round draft pick in 2025- probably Top 2

Oh I think he will be in the weekend rotation well before then. If not opening weekend. He’s the real deal.

Todd4State
01-30-2024, 01:39 AM
If he can halfway command the zone I agree. But he's gonna have to show me first. But everything you said is true. His change is filthy.

Yeah. I think he needs another year and probably a good summer. Plus I'm not sure I see him beating out Holcombe, Loo, Stephens, or even Dohm.

Todd4State
01-30-2024, 01:39 AM

Needs experience. Last season he lacked a pitching coach. All of our pitchers did for that matter.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 05:30 AM

This is true. And it’s more about controlling emotions than anything they say.

bulldogcountry1
01-30-2024, 08:27 AM

We all know those types of statements translate into. Either he will figure it out 3 years into pro ball or flame out in 5 years in AA.

Seriously though, he was one guy that I watched on the mound last year and got excited about for our future. He was unhittable, and then POOF. He disappeared. Then, we went through the fall, and I don't think I ever heard his name mentioned.

AlSwearengen
01-30-2024, 10:22 AM
Homedawg hit the nail. I've never seen a kid throw their change for strikes consistently and consistently not be able to throw strikes with the fastball. Hopefully a healthy arm and a pitching coach have gone a long way to getting him ready.

MaroonFlounder
01-30-2024, 01:01 PM
any pitcher that can put a breaker in the zone consistently will have success.

I don't care about velo pitcher that can't locate strategically with very little swing and miss. It will be another dreadful season if we have a staff full of those.

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2024, 01:14 PM
At times he looked like the better of the freshman pitchers. Just has to be consistent.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2024, 01:40 PM
This is true. And it’s more about controlling emotions than anything they say.

100%! Loftin can be easily rattled and get frustrated and then he loses it. He has a tremendously high ceiling but he has to harness his emotions or he'll never realize it.

HoopsDawg
01-30-2024, 02:35 PM
Yeah. I think he needs another year and probably a good summer. Plus I'm not sure I see him beating out Holcombe, Loo, Stephens, or even Dohm.

I like Ligon as a weekend starter over almost anyone.

Coursesuper
01-30-2024, 03:14 PM
100%! Loftin can be easily rattled and get frustrated and then he loses it. He has a tremendously high ceiling but he has to harness his emotions or he'll never realize it.

Gotta overcome a 5 cent head to reach the potential of that million dollar arm.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 03:19 PM
I like Ligon as a weekend starter over almost anyone.

We have 5 legit options for the weekend right now.

Holcombe
Loo
Loftin
Stephens
Ligon

Dohm has good stuff and will be drafted fairly high- I just dont see him as a SP. I'm not saying he wont start or maybe even do well there- I just dont see him in that role if I was deciding on my weekend rotation. He would be my 6th-7th-8th inning guy along with Simmons. Loftin or Stephens has to be that guy for us on the weekend as well to follow a RH'ed SP

Also makes competition for the midweek SP interesting as Siary had a good Fall

Commercecomet24
01-30-2024, 07:01 PM
Gotta overcome a 5 cent head to reach the potential of that million dollar arm.

Yep, the kid has so much talent but talent don't mean squat if you can't conquer the mind.

Commercecomet24
01-30-2024, 07:03 PM
We have 5 legit options for the weekend right now.

Holcombe
Loo
Loftin
Stephens
Ligon

Dohm has good stuff and will be drafted fairly high- I just dont see him as a SP. I'm not saying he wont start or maybe even do well there- I just dont see him in that role if I was deciding on my weekend rotation. He would be my 6th-7th-8th inning guy along with Simmons. Loftin or Stephens has to be that guy for us on the weekend as well to follow a RH'ed SP

Also makes competition for the midweek SP interesting as Siary had a good Fall

Yeah I see Dohm as a bullpen guy too. I think he can dominate in that role and we have more experienced better options to start. He can be a shutdown guy out of the pen.