PDA

View Full Version : Nice crowd at the women's game tonight

RocketDawg
01-29-2024, 07:22 PM
Free white tee shirts for white-out night.

We're ahead 20-18 over LSU, but Jessica Parker got called with two fouls within less than 10 game-seconds. It's the end of the first quarter.

Quaoarsking
01-29-2024, 08:17 PM
Up 5 late in the 3rd.

This would be a hell of a signature win for Purcell.

dawgday166
01-29-2024, 08:23 PM
Up 5 late in the 3rd.

This would be a hell of a signature win for Purcell.

Now you dun it. I've tuned in and we'll probably lose. I swear I'm a jinx. I don't watch men's hoops (TN & AU) we win. I watch, we look like a bad HS team.

CaptainObvious
01-29-2024, 08:32 PM
I don't complain about officiating but I do recognize trends. With 3:43 to go in the 3rd, State took a 58-53 lead. At the time State had 1 foul and LSU had 4. 3 minutes later State had 5 fouls and LSU still only had 4. It is almost as if the Top teams are protected isn't it.

Homedawg
01-29-2024, 08:40 PM
I don't complain about officiating but I do recognize trends. With 3:43 to go in the 3rd, State took a 58-53 lead. At the time State had 1 foul and LSU had 4. 3 minutes later State had 5 fouls and LSU still only had 4. It is almost as if the Top teams are protected isn't it.

I'm watching it and sure don't agree w every call but we didn't get hosed during that stretch. We just fouled

Coach34
01-29-2024, 08:49 PM
Amazing how we didnt whine much about officials when Vic was coaching except for the ND game. That was bad

Quaoarsking
01-29-2024, 08:53 PM
Amazing how we didnt whine much about officials when Vic was coaching except for the ND game. That was bad

I mean, I think we all remember how the referees tried to screw us over with 30 seconds to go against UConn, right?

dawgday166
01-29-2024, 08:54 PM
I mean, I think we all remember how the referees tried to screw us over with 30 seconds to go against UConn, right?

They damn sho did.

msstate7
01-29-2024, 08:55 PM
I turned it on to see score. What the hell is LSU's coach wearing?

RocketDawg
01-29-2024, 09:00 PM
I turned it on to see score. What the hell is LSU's coach wearing?

She must have made it herself. She always dresses ... different. LSU had a "Dress Like Mulkey" night a week or so ago.

ScoobaDawg
01-29-2024, 09:04 PM
HHuuuugeee statement win. Dawgs win again. 77-73

RocketDawg
01-29-2024, 09:05 PM
Nice win. I guess it's the best since beating UConn a few years ago. Good to see Mulkey go down. She's almost as bad as Staley.

dawgday166
01-29-2024, 09:06 PM
Good win.

SailingDawg
01-29-2024, 09:10 PM
Mulkey has to make it about her. I enjoy beating her teams.

Hail State!

NCMSTFAN
01-29-2024, 09:14 PM
Biggest win of Purcell's Era! Nice crowd too on ESPN... I'd love to see our women get back in the thick of things

R2Dawg
01-29-2024, 09:15 PM
Big win, our basketball Dawgs got it going on right now. These Dawgs got some bite.

99jc
01-29-2024, 09:17 PM

It's amazing the women outdrew the men in attendance when some dumbass said nobody cares about women's BB.

NCMSTFAN
01-29-2024, 09:30 PM
Miracle Sheppard gave Haley Van Lith problems defensively all night

confucius say
01-29-2024, 10:11 PM
That was fun to watch. Great crowd. Great energy. National folks like herbstreit tweeting about it. Trending on Twitter. Fun times.

Bothrops
01-29-2024, 10:25 PM
Excellent win against a corrupt program.

JimBobDawg
01-29-2024, 10:26 PM
Girls had a great night shooting the ball.

Homedawg
01-29-2024, 10:29 PM
It's amazing the women outdrew the men in attendance when some dumbass said nobody cares about women's BB.

First sell out in years. Mens has 3 straight so...... And the fact it costs next to nothing to go helps. But yes some care. I enjoyed watching. But the masses don't care. Winning helps everything
Men's basketball makes money. Women's is a bottomless pit

BuckyIsAB****
01-29-2024, 11:12 PM
First one I have watched since Vic. It felt a little magical like then

confucius say
01-29-2024, 11:24 PM
First sell out in years. Mens has 3 straight so...... And the fact it costs next to nothing to go helps. But yes some care. I enjoyed watching. But the masses don't care. Winning helps everything
Men's basketball makes money. Women's is a bottomless pit

Don't more people watch women's college basketball than college baseball?

preachermatt83
01-30-2024, 01:41 AM

For 2022 (the year after our baseball team won a national championship) women?s basketball lost just a shade over the amount baseball lost. Both closing in on 5 million in general expenses

bulldawg28
01-30-2024, 04:19 AM

Probably so.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-30-2024, 06:49 AM
Probably so.
Last years WBB Championship drew over 10 Million viewers. The 2023 College World Series Championship Series was the highest ever viewed and averaged 2.6 Million Viewers. When MSU won the CWS Viewership average for the Championship Series was a little over 1.2 Million.

Ranchdawg
01-30-2024, 07:06 AM
Very very nice win. Congrats to the women basketball. I always enjoy beating any LSU team but especially enjoyed beating their psycho coach.

Also enjoyed beating them because so many of the peeps here are naysayers, downers, enjoy belittling, telling us we can?t compete in the SEC, telling us that we have no money, and basically say close the university and go pray at the altar of ole miss.

SPDawgs
01-30-2024, 08:08 AM
I hate to make this about that other school but to sell out the arena the same week their coach was begging fans to show up and their message boards saying that women's sports should be taken away is a nice touch. Just proves at Mississippi State we support whoever wears the Maroon and white. HailState!!!

Dawgface
01-30-2024, 08:41 AM
I missed the game but I did see a clip on the sec network afterwards showing State?s practices and Purcell?s coaching style. He was very impressive and the assistants were too. I think we have something good brewing here. Hopefully this year will play out well and get the women?s program back on track.

Quaoarsking
01-30-2024, 09:20 AM
We are now 4-1 in Q1 games

Coach34
01-30-2024, 09:40 AM

Nobody gives a shit about girls basketball. Sure they may have a big crowd every blue moon- but players in the WNBA would make more than a mechanic if people actually watched. If it wasnt backed by the NBA- it would have folded years ago

Cooterpoot
01-30-2024, 10:02 AM

And that was nothing compared to what they did to us against ND

Cooterpoot
01-30-2024, 10:03 AM

No

Cooterpoot
01-30-2024, 10:07 AM
Why do people want to put down folks going to watch the girls? Who cares? Give your NIL money to football and go watch everything you want to watch. I go to WBB and softball and enjoy both. I go more when we're good.

confucius say
01-30-2024, 10:10 AM
No

The numbers posted above seem to disagree. It was posted that there are way more viewers for women's college basketball than college baseball.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 10:21 AM
The numbers posted above seem to disagree. It was posted that there are way more viewers for women's college basketball than college baseball.

LSU won the NC and lost $8MM in women's basketball. Mississippi lost about the same amount. It's a drain on the athletic budget

Coach34
01-30-2024, 10:24 AM
and by the same token- men's basketball makes money

Brobi-wan
01-30-2024, 11:08 AM
There may be more viewers for WBB nationwide, but last I checked, MSU baseball was one of the only few programs that turned a profit in baseball. That may not be true after a few bad years, BUT it doesn’t matter if more people view it nationwide. Just matters what makes the most money at MSU.

Pancho
01-30-2024, 03:03 PM
LSU won the NC and lost $8MM in women's basketball. Mississippi lost about the same amount. It's a drain on the athletic budget

coach yo almost let out here inner woke. maybe she had an earpiece and was talked down before she said too much.

NCMSTFAN
01-30-2024, 03:37 PM
No

Yes... look at the numbers. More people watched the womens basketball national championship game over the College world series final.. Womens college basketball does better numbers than college baseball.

Womens college basketball 4.5 million viewers, College World series final 2.8 million viewers

confucius say
01-30-2024, 03:39 PM

What does that have to do with your argument that "nobody gives a **** about" women's college basketball? The way to determine that is to look at how many people attend or watch games, not revenue vs expenses. More people view women's college basketball than college baseball. I personally like college baseball more, but I'm in the minority.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 03:48 PM
What does that have to do with your argument that "nobody gives a **** about" women's college basketball? The way to determine that is to look at how many people attend or watch games, not revenue vs expenses. More people view women's college basketball than college baseball. I personally like college baseball more, but I'm in the minority.

We average around 10K per game for SEC baseball weekend- 15 games at $10 per- that 1.5MM

LSU women's basketball brought in 900K in ticket sales. (Our women's tickets last I saw 7-8 years ago were also $10)

That tells you who is watching

Coach34
01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
excuse me- we averaged over 11K in 2023

Quaoarsking
01-30-2024, 03:57 PM
Without looking at the numbers, I'm going to guess that most programs have higher average attendance in women's basketball than baseball.

BrunswickDawg
01-30-2024, 04:55 PM
Without looking at the numbers, I'm going to guess that most programs have higher average attendance in women's basketball than baseball.

Interestingly, we have a good comparison right here at poor ol' Missippi Tate....

We are #8 in the country in women's basketball attendance in the '23 season - 7,681 a game. 185,798 across 33 home games.
We were #1 in the country in baseball attendance in the '23 season at 11,202 a game. 332,838 across 30 home games.

Without going school by school - '23 SEC Women's basketball saw the highest attendance in the country with 924,471 fans, which came out to 6,603 fans per SEC game.
'23 SEC Baseball saw 2,988,517 fans, which came out to an average of 5,900 fans a game.

confucius say
01-30-2024, 05:52 PM
We average around 10K per game for SEC baseball weekend- 15 games at $10 per- that 1.5MM

LSU women's basketball brought in 900K in ticket sales. (Our women's tickets last I saw 7-8 years ago were also $10)

That tells you who is watching

We are the biggest college baseball fanbase. For a comparison, USCe women's basketball averages well over 13k a game.

The sec had more attendees per game in women's college basketball than baseball last year, and the sec is the biggest baseball conference there is. Still lags behind women's college basketball.
And women's college basketball killed college baseball in tv viewers. So, more people watch women's college basketball than college baseball. That's a fact.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 08:53 PM
We are the biggest college baseball fanbase. For a comparison, USCe women's basketball averages well over 13k a game.

The sec had more attendees per game in women's college basketball than baseball last year, and the sec is the biggest baseball conference there is. Still lags behind women's college basketball.
And women's college basketball killed college baseball in tv viewers. So, more people watch women's college basketball than college baseball. That's a fact.

The numbers dont add up. Something is missing here.

There is no way Girls basketball has more attendees when they bring in less money in ticket sales. Somebody is fudging numbers
With all these people "supposedly" going to women's games- why are the seats so empty? TV dont lie
How is girls basketball losing soooo much money yet having such great attendance? Basketball is cheaper to fund than baseball on needs.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 08:58 PM
Interestingly, we have a good comparison right here at poor ol' Missippi Tate....

We are #8 in the country in women's basketball attendance in the '23 season - 7,681 a game. 185,798 across 33 home games.
We were #1 in the country in baseball attendance in the '23 season at 11,202 a game. 332,838 across 30 home games..

Our girls basketball team in no way, shape, or form had 7500 at every game. Nowhere close. The numbers dont match up. TV dont lie.

Coach34
01-30-2024, 09:01 PM
If you are averaging 7000 in attendance for home game- at $10/per- thats 70K per game.

SEC schools get 15 plus home games- thats over a million each yet almost no SEC school gets a million in revenue for girls basketball. That doesnt even include concessions

BrunswickDawg
01-30-2024, 09:14 PM
Our girls basketball team in no way, shape, or form had 7500 at every game. Nowhere close. The numbers dont match up. TV dont lie.

I got the women's number of home games wrong - it was 24.

But to your point - everyone is fudging numbers everywhere. There is no way we averaged over 11k in actual attendance for baseball last year either.

Offshore Dawg
01-31-2024, 11:56 AM
consider price per ticket in this revenue vs attendance.

NCMSTFAN
02-01-2024, 03:44 PM
If you are averaging 7000 in attendance for home game- at $10/per- thats 70K per game.

SEC schools get 15 plus home games- thats over a million each yet almost no SEC school gets a million in revenue for girls basketball. That doesnt even include concessions

I don't understand why people are so hell bent on proving the College baseball is more popular that Women's College basketball. At Mississippi State that seems to be the case, but across the nation it is not. You are bringing up attendance numbers and concessions but that comes no where close to television viewership and revenue which the Women destroy College baseball in. I personally enjoy watching the women's game and it looks like Purcell has us at least going in the right direction.

Goldendawg
02-01-2024, 04:18 PM
consider price per ticket in this revenue vs attendance.

This. How many women's basketball season tickets are sold at what price vs men's season tickets? Only football and men's basketball turn a profit and football $ pays the way for the other programs. According to latest revenue reports even baseball doesn't pay its own way alone. With fewer women's season tickets sold (?), it seems much easier to get good tickets for about $10 with many more available for walk up local fans than MBB. Lower deck MBB tickets are available only from a friend not going or a scalper (not cheap at all), if you are not a season ticket holder.

Goldendawg
02-01-2024, 04:26 PM
I don't understand why people are so hell bent on proving the College baseball is more popular that Women's College basketball. At Mississippi State that seems to be the case, but across the nation it is not. You are bringing up attendance numbers and concessions but that comes no where close to television viewership and revenue which the Women destroy College baseball in. I personally enjoy watching the women's game and it looks like Purcell has us at least going in the right direction.

Check it out. Recently college hockey #3, is a bigger revenue maker than college baseball. I know sacrilege to mention this. Please don't ban me!****

RocketDawg
02-01-2024, 07:13 PM
Check it out. Recently college hockey #3, is a bigger revenue maker than college baseball. I know sacrilege to mention this. Please don't ban me!****

Lots of fast action in hockey, as opposed to baseball.

NCMSTFAN
02-01-2024, 08:05 PM

😆