PDA

View Full Version : Game atmosphere

parabrave
01-27-2024, 06:56 PM
was great on TV today. Listening to Neal explain to Richard what the crowd dance was hilarious.

Ranchdawg
01-27-2024, 08:42 PM
It was very good crowd enthusiasm for the most part. It was another sellout and yet again there was a bunch of empty seats in the lower bowl. It just really angers me that our fan base has a bunch of fans that would had really wanted to attend but couldn?t because seats were sold out except in the nose bleed sections. I know because I had four family members that unexpectedly found out their Saturday got freed up.

And I hope those fans that showed up from Au have a miserable ride home. And Bruce Pearl was in the official?s ear all day thus I feel a lot calls went Au?s way.

Dawgology
01-27-2024, 09:18 PM
Really they should open up the lower section after the 1st quarter. If you havent showed up by then someone up top gets to sit there

R2Dawg
01-27-2024, 09:34 PM
It was very good crowd enthusiasm for the most part. It was another sellout and yet again there was a bunch of empty seats in the lower bowl. It just really angers me that our fan base has a bunch of fans that would had really wanted to attend but couldn?t because seats were sold out except in the nose bleed sections. I know because I had four family members that unexpectedly found out their Saturday got freed up.

And I hope those fans that showed up from Au have a miserable ride home. And Bruce Pearl was in the official?s ear all day thus I feel a lot calls went Au?s way.

Yeah ridiculous. I still have one kid at MSU and she couldn't get in the Hump - student tickets sold out. This needs a fix

I have one AU friend that was paying 100 per ticket taking his family of 4. Ouch. Tough ride home.

StarkVegasSteve
01-28-2024, 10:48 AM

I still have yet to figure out why, now twice in 15 years, the athletic dept has priced out the people who actually attend the games from having anything but nosebleed seats. I get you want to bring in more money but you're sacrificing what could be a top 5 SEC atmosphere for a couple extra hundred thousand dollars. I thought they had learned their lesson after the first time and somehow they did it again.

TheLostDawg
01-28-2024, 11:22 AM
Two things.
One as always, get rid of the staff but seats without having to donate. Auburn had a defense chant that was as loud as ours, when we would actually do one. That or make it to where you have to show an ID to get in, Mississippi state ID. That would fix a lot of them reselling their ticket to visitors. It pains me to see that they get away with this yet nothing is done.
Second the hump isn't what it use to be. Auburn fans were louder and consistent than most of ours. The only person that really got us going was at the end, the guy who does entertainment. If he's on here, thank you for taking over. I know some of you are parents to the cheer leaders but isn't that their job, why they get scholarships (even though limited). Not blaming them as who is in charge of them. I remember when I was at school they always had it loud the whole game with defense chants, etc. It was pitiful yesterday.

Good win. That's two top 10 wins. Huge. Free throws still need improvement. We get that, we've won more game at this point. I'm always skeptical of defensive coaches but man, did you see that score at half. Had some good plays called too. We looked a lot better than a lot of games this year. Good job guys

KentuckyDawg13
01-28-2024, 12:18 PM
As someone noted, PLEASE take care of the empty seats. It looks like sh|t on tv. They never show the student section, or the side where its full.
Also, it was better when the teams sat on the other side of the court so we can see them on tv.
Get on that, Selmon. lol

Maroonthirteen
01-28-2024, 12:26 PM
Two questions,

Where is the staff and faculty section?

Did the "student pit" fill up? (The area with the bananas).

I was at my own kids tournament and had to listen by radio and espn ap.

RocketDawg
01-28-2024, 01:13 PM
Two questions,

Yes, it seemed to be full.

I noticed there are court side seats with folding chairs for Bulldog Club and I believe hailstate.com . First, who gets to sit in those seats, and who would want to sit right on the court? Hard to tell what's going on in the game being so close with no elevation.

TheLostDawg
01-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Two questions,

206,7,8. Might have been an old map. Either way staff should have to show id to get in with their tickets if they don't have to donate. That should go for all sports.

R2Dawg
01-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Two questions,

Student tickets sold out and students were turned away. My daugher could not get a ticket but there were empty seats. We got to fix this when empty seats but we got students that want to come to game. Unacceptable.

RocketDawg
01-28-2024, 06:43 PM
Student tickets sold out and students were turned away. My daugher could not get a ticket but there were empty seats. We got to fix this when empty seats but we got students that want to come to game. Unacceptable.

Agree.

Maroonthirteen
01-28-2024, 09:00 PM
206,7,8. Might have been an old map. Either way staff should have to show id to get in with their tickets if they don't have to donate. That should go for all sports.

You don't have donate to get a ticket in the uppers. State sold reduced price, take your pick on 7-9 games (which included SEC games). I bought them and had/have a ticket to UT, Bama, UK and others. I donated zero to basketball for those tickets. I couldn't give away my Vandy tickets, literally.

My point, the whole "it's the staff and faculty" fault on east side football and now basketball is another MSU fan myth. Fact is, Auburn and Bama fans can get tickets to MSU basketball because MSU just doesn't have enough fans that care enough to fill the seats. It's NOT one set of peoples fault.