PDA

View Full Version : GOATS

parabrave
01-26-2024, 04:25 AM
One of the biggest Goats went down tonight in the Australian Open. Novak lost to a 22 year old 3-1 and it wasn't even close. Never seen him play this crappy before.

dawgday166
01-26-2024, 11:36 PM
One of the biggest Goats went down tonight in the Australian Open. Novak lost to a 22 year old 3-1 and it wasn't even close. Never seen him play this crappy before.

Across sports or tennis only? IMO he's the GOAT of tennis.

Probably 2nd to Nicklaus across sports. That may be close to a tossup tho.

Lessee ... If I recall correctly Nicklaus won 18 majors and came in 2nd 19 times. While not playing a full schedule of golf most of his career. That's phenomenal.

But then, I dunno ... Just looked at Novak's record and he won majors 24 times and came in 2nd 12 times. Won several times on all surfaces. The only candidate for GOAT that beat Nadal at French Open.

So 37 times Jack finished 1st or 2nd. 36 times Novak finished 1s or 2nd. Jack 18 wins ... Novak 24.

Novak holds head-to-head edge against both Nadal and Fed, but only by 1 over Nadal and 4 over Fed. He also holds almost every tennis record there is.

I'd say edge to Novak.

parabrave
01-27-2024, 02:25 AM
In Tennis. Novak has not been his usual self this entire tourney. I thought Sinner would get him. Heck I thought Alcraz would get to the finals but he choked. Borges got to the round of 16. The announcers announced that he was a Miss State Grad.