01-23-2024, 06:45 PM
and? why all the sarc?

CaptainObvious
01-23-2024, 07:36 PM
and? why all the sarc?

You have a point. I should be glad that clown Friend is gone from State! 😂

Homedawg
01-23-2024, 07:48 PM
Considering I said this a month ago this was happening.....Yet people still questioned me ......

StarkVegasSteve
01-23-2024, 08:48 PM
Really shocked Hollingshead agreed to a demotion to stay on staff. Must really like it at WKU

Homedawg
01-23-2024, 09:22 PM
Really shocked Hollingshead agreed to a demotion to stay on staff. Must really like it at WKU

Guess if your other option is to be unemployed at least temporarily ......

BuckyIsAB****
01-23-2024, 09:36 PM
Friend was OC here. Well co co OC with Schmidt and Arnett

Dawgface
01-23-2024, 09:40 PM
Considering I said this a month ago this was happening.....Yet people still questioned me ......

Actually no one gave a crap other than 3 or 4 charter members.

Homedawg
01-23-2024, 09:50 PM
Actually no one gave a crap other than 3 or 4 charter members.

I'll keep that in mind. Douche bags like you are why I keep quiet now. Maybe rosebowl can give you info.

Coach34
01-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Good for Friend. He's a good coach.

Homedawg
01-23-2024, 10:36 PM
I do think it's interesting that every offensive coach got a job. While not a soul on defense has gotten one. Brock, mc bath, mele. I don't think they were bad coaches. Think it's odd. Dewhurst was an up and comer too

Coach34
01-23-2024, 10:45 PM
I do think it's interesting that every offensive coach got a job. While not a soul on defense has gotten one. Brock, mc bath, mele. I don't think they were bad coaches. Think it's odd. Dewhurst was an up and comer too

very interesting indeed. Especially since our fans and all their knowledge acted like our offensive coaches were retarded.

It just might have been that we lacked talent and Arnett choked it down too much. We shall see if Rogers lights the world on fire at Washington this Fall. I hope he starts.

Todd4State
01-24-2024, 12:52 AM

The entire offensive staff took demotions and ended up at G5 schools except for Bumphis who remained in the same spot.

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2024, 06:38 AM
It?s interesting the spin we are working for literally the worst coaching job in the history of our school. Jackie Sherrill at least had excuses why we fell off, the yacht club got EXACTLY what they wanted and still wrecked it. In 6 months we went from 9 wins to lebby deserves a free year its a rebuild. Talented in august to no talent in November

Todd4State
01-24-2024, 08:36 AM
It?s interesting the spin we are working for literally the worst coaching job in the history of our school. Jackie Sherrill at least had excuses why we fell off, the yacht club got EXACTLY what they wanted and still wrecked it. In 6 months we went from 9 wins to lebby deserves a free year its a rebuild. Talented in august to no talent in November

I like how Leach's staff didn't recruit well but we kept Arnett for their recruiting and to keep the class together.

Pancho
01-24-2024, 08:36 AM
word

basedog
01-24-2024, 08:54 AM
Good for Friend. He's a good coach.

His offensive line was bad, he has been fired or let go at every stop or majority of stops. Maybe he will be a better OC but watching our line play was pretty bad. If he was a good coach he would be in a better place than WK after so many years of coaching.

Coach34
01-24-2024, 11:47 AM
His offensive line was bad, he has been fired or let go at every stop or majority of stops. Maybe he will be a better OC but watching our line play was pretty bad. If he was a good coach he would be in a better place than WK after so many years of coaching.

Yes the OL was bad. They lacked talent. We'll see how many end up drafted or signed to FA contracts.
You know as well as I do asst coaches get let go when the HC is fired. He always seems to get hired pretty quickly
It's amazing that Hollingshead was being lawded for being the WK OC- but for Friend its being twisted into a demotion somehow.

basedog
01-24-2024, 12:19 PM
I'm not disagreeing total with what you say. But the lack of leadership on the offensive side for coaches was obviously bad. We had the most experienced OL coming back from the previous year and they just didn't jell. I'm not putting all the blame on Friend, but he didn't improve our OL at all regardless of the offensive scheme. Many times, they missed their assignments and that should not have happened. I will say Arnett was a big surprise in not taking charge overall. Lastly, I wish them all the best of luck, gonna be really interesting to see what Lebby can do with his staff.

RiverCityDawg
01-24-2024, 12:24 PM
Yes the OL was bad. They lacked talent. We'll see how many end up drafted or signed to FA contracts.
You know as well as I do asst coaches get let go when the HC is fired. He always seems to get hired pretty quickly
It's amazing that Hollingshead was being lawded for being the WK OC- but for Friend it's being twisted into a demotion somehow.

Well for one, only like 1 or 2 people "lawded"
hollingshead for being the WKU OC, but the obvious difference is he's just getting started in his career and took a promotion. Good for Friend to get a G5 OC job so far along in his career after failing in the SEC as a co-OL coach, but naturally people aren't going to "lawed" him after our offense - and the OL specially- looked like dog shite.

RiverCityDawg
01-24-2024, 12:27 PM

I don't remember many people questioning you as much as people just not thinking it was some sort of hilarious dunk on the Air Raid. I appreciate your info, and you were right (again).

It will be interesting to see how Friend gets along and how their transition away from the Air Raid goes.

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2024, 06:05 PM
Anyone with sense isnt lauding Hollingshead. All I personally ever said was he would be a better hire for us for our players in 2023. And was proven absolutely positively 1000000 percent right.

Coach34
01-24-2024, 08:29 PM
Anyone with sense isnt lauding Hollingshead. All I personally ever said was he would be a better hire for us for our players in 2023. And was proven absolutely positively 1000000 percent right.

How? Arnett in his ear constantly telling him to run the ball would have turned out badly as well

Saltydog
01-24-2024, 08:46 PM
It's amazing that Hollingshead was being lawded for being the WK OC- but for Friend its being twisted into a demotion somehow.

Typical coach speak when you're bad.....Now there's probably some truth about the talent, or lack thereof, but sometime there's an element of bad coaching too or can you admit that?

BuckyIsAB****
01-24-2024, 09:58 PM
How? Arnett in his ear constantly telling him to run the ball would have turned out badly as well

Obviously I am saying that Arnett would not be doing that

Homedawg
01-24-2024, 10:41 PM
I don't remember many people questioning you as much as people just not thinking it was some sort of hilarious dunk on the Air Raid. I appreciate your info, and you were right (again).

It will be interesting to see how Friend gets along and how their transition away from the Air Raid goes.

It wasn't a dunk on the air raid. It was telling a factual thing. That I knew would lead to a squabble between the rtdf and air raid people......

Homedawg
01-24-2024, 10:43 PM
The entire offensive staff took demotions and ended up at G5 schools except for Bumphis who remained in the same spot.

And the entire defensive staff is wo a paycheck. Just think it's interesting.

Homedawg
01-24-2024, 10:44 PM
I like how Leach's staff didn't recruit well but we kept Arnett for their recruiting and to keep the class together.

If you think leach recruited well, I can't help you.

Homedawg
01-24-2024, 10:45 PM

You can say he got fired- cool- but the hc w him got fired usually. He was a casualty. Yet he keeps getting jobs. Lots of jobs. So everyone must be stupid to keep hiring him huh??

basedog
01-24-2024, 10:58 PM
You can say he got fired- cool- but the hc w him got fired usually. He was a casualty. Yet he keeps getting jobs. Lots of jobs. So everyone must be stupid to keep hiring him huh??

So u think Lebby should have kept him because u think he is so good. We shall c if he is better at play calling than coaching the OL. What I saw was terrible fundamentals. Maybe at one time he was better but not so much lately.

Homedawg
01-24-2024, 11:18 PM
So u think Lebby should have kept him because u think he is so good. We shall c if he is better at play calling than coaching the OL. What I saw was terrible fundamentals. Maybe at one time he was better but not so much lately.

What??? Where anywhere did I remotely say that???

Homedawg
01-24-2024, 11:25 PM
I replied to correct post just looks like I argued w myself. This time just following base ....

ScoobaDawg
01-25-2024, 12:05 AM
Fixed. don't know how people screw up formatting so much.

Todd4State
01-25-2024, 02:57 AM
If you think leach recruited well, I can't help you.

Our recruiting ranking under Leach was in the same mid 20's range it has always been in under every coach going back to Dan outside of a couple of outliers while Dan was here where we had a class ranked 18th and one ranked 36th. Except Arnett's group which was well on pace to have the worst recruiting class by ranking until Lebby showed up to perform a minor miracle to salvage the class by a huge margin as they left with a class ranked in the 40's or 50's I believe. But Leach was the bad recruiter? LOL. They were well on their way to losing Stonka and didn't even try on some recruits like Daniel Hill who Lebby almost landed after every expert said even getting him to visit campus would be impossible.

And if you don't buy rankings which is your next comeback I'm sure- Leach clearly recruited well enough to win 9 games while he was still building his program here. Which is as good as Dan when he was here and where the recruiting really shows up. The real issue was they decided to run an offense that didn't fit Air Raid personnel that they inherited at all even though they had a veteran group lined up including not one- but two SEC QB's including one that won some big games at Vandy- that they somehow managed to get markedly worse while they were under this staff. But the kicker to me is that they decided to make vague statements about what we were doing which is insane to me. If you want to transition to another offense then come out and say it even if fans disagree with it. That to me represents this last staff in a nutshell. They're liars and excuse makers. In over their head at all levels with a few agenda driven coaches/staff members on the inside to only make matters worse. All of this was THEIR choice. Leach had nothing to do with last year's team at all. And it's really funny to me to read comments from recruits who said that a big reason why they decommitted to MSU or were going to go somewhere else was because of the offense after we were sold all summer by the MSU media that the players loved the offense.

Like I said- it's people talking out of both sides of their mouths. IF recruiting was such an issue then don't keep half of the staff that you know- RECRUITED these players. And it's laughable with the significant decrease in production which coincided NOT when these "bad recruits" showed up but when this group of coaches rode into town. They're blaming the players because they did an awful job coaching them and asking them to run a system that doesn't fit them at all.

Todd4State
01-25-2024, 03:04 AM

So if another school hires you that means you are a good coach? How many jobs has Gene Chizik had since Auburn? Tyrone Nix?

Friend coached with Tyson Helton at Tennessee. That's where the connection here is.

In the meantime- John Hevesy hasn't had an o-line coach job since Florida and we have fans that think he was a great coach.

Todd4State
01-25-2024, 04:34 AM
And the entire defensive staff is wo a paycheck. Just think it's interesting.

Arnett and the staff on the defensive side of the ball were overrated by our fans to a degree. Arnett will get another job eventually as a football coach. If he wants and needs time off that's understandable.

Technically Turner is still here and has a job.

Brock will get another job and Dewhurst probably will too. But they aren't exactly guys that were overly impressive nor were they completely awful either. Brock is likely going to have to take a demotion.

If the rumors about McBath are true about him telling our corners to leave after he wasn't hired that's the kind of thing that can follow a coach and make people wary of employing them.

Hughes retired. Schmidt and Friend are at places where they had previous relationships. Barbay has some connections in the Houston area and Fritz lost his OC to LSU. This is likely Fritz's last job before he retires and he has enough of a reputation where he can take a risk plus there is a chance that Will Hall could be on the market with another bad year at USM.

Coach34
01-25-2024, 09:27 AM
Obviously I am saying that Arnett would not be doing that

But he would have. He did it this season- no need to think he wouldnt have with anybody else

Coach34
01-25-2024, 09:29 AM
In the meantime- John Hevesy hasn't had an o-line coach job since Florida and we have fans that think he was a great coach.

Hevesy is someone that is not very well-liked. His personality keeps him from getting hired

basedog
01-25-2024, 10:32 AM
What??? Where anywhere did I remotely say that???

LOL. Connections r important. I have no problem with any of ur post.

Coach34
01-25-2024, 12:30 PM
Our recruiting ranking under Leach was in the same mid 20's range it has always been in under every coach going back to Dan outside of a couple of outliers while Dan was here where we had a class ranked 18th and one ranked 36th. Except Arnett's group which was well on pace to have the worst recruiting class by ranking until Lebby showed up to perform a minor miracle to salvage the class by a huge margin as they left with a class ranked in the 40's or 50's I believe. But Leach was the bad recruiter? LOL. They were well on their way to losing Stonka and didn't even try on some recruits like Daniel Hill who Lebby almost landed after every expert said even getting him to visit campus would be impossible.

And if you don't buy rankings which is your next comeback I'm sure- Leach clearly recruited well enough to win 9 games while he was still building his program here. Which is as good as Dan when he was here and where the recruiting really shows up. The real issue was they decided to run an offense that didn't fit Air Raid personnel that they inherited at all even though they had a veteran group lined up including not one- but two SEC QB's including one that won some big games at Vandy- that they somehow managed to get markedly worse while they were under this staff. But the kicker to me is that they decided to make vague statements about what we were doing which is insane to me. If you want to transition to another offense then come out and say it even if fans disagree with it. That to me represents this last staff in a nutshell. They're liars and excuse makers. In over their head at all levels with a few agenda driven coaches/staff members on the inside to only make matters worse. All of this was THEIR choice. Leach had nothing to do with last year's team at all. And it's really funny to me to read comments from recruits who said that a big reason why they decommitted to MSU or were going to go somewhere else was because of the offense after we were sold all summer by the MSU media that the players loved the offense.

Like I said- it's people talking out of both sides of their mouths. IF recruiting was such an issue then don't keep half of the staff that you know- RECRUITED these players. And it's laughable with the significant decrease in production which coincided NOT when these "bad recruits" showed up but when this group of coaches rode into town. They're blaming the players because they did an awful job coaching them and asking them to run a system that doesn't fit them at all.

Remind me where the great Tulu Griffin and all his talent ended up after entering the portal?
The rankings were there but we didnt keep alot of those guys. RaRa, Dillon, and others left. There's a reason we had so many 4th,5th, and 6th year guys playing- many that werent even recruited by Leach.
The draft will also show our lack of talent. We have bunches of draft eligible guys this April

And then the transition from AR to being more physical. The QB and WR's hated the new offense and never bought in. That was obvious. Tulu got our RB's ACL demolished in the Egg because he didnt want to block. The lack of buy-in from those guys made the coaches look worse. The upside is that we have already gone thru that transition with most of the AR players now gone. Lebbo gets to roll in and it should create some excitement.

Homedawg
01-25-2024, 12:41 PM
So if another school hires you that means you are a good coach? How many jobs has Gene Chizik had since Auburn? Tyrone Nix?

Friend coached with Tyson Helton at Tennessee. That's where the connection here is.

Friend has been hired by the following, uga, colorado st, Tenneesse, south carolina, auburn, memphis, Missississippi state and WKU. 5 sec shools, but yeah, he's a bozo....... smh.

AROB44
01-25-2024, 03:30 PM
Friend has been hired by the following, uga, colorado st, Tenneesse, south carolina, auburn, memphis, Missississippi state and WKU. 5 sec shools, but yeah, he's a bozo....... smh.

John Hevesey might be a total asshole, but as an OL coach, he was head and shoulders above Will Friend. Hevesey might just be the best OL coach we ever had.

coachnorm
01-25-2024, 11:26 PM

Coaches all have shelf life and some extend that shelf life by staying current to what is happening at the time. This means changing things up. Changing things up simply means discarding past content for replacement.

In coaching, it is not what you know that counts the most. It is what you currently implement that can win games. An eight-year coach with current knowledge base to win is more valuable than a 25-year coach with ten times the knowledge that is impregnated with useless criteria that dilutes his current needs.

A case in point is NFL Raiders Coach Antonio Pierce who was coaching Long Beach Poly High School Football five seasons ago. He appears to be better than Josh McDaniels the so-called wonder boy knows it all. Josh McDaniels probably has at least ten times the total football knowledge, yet Pierce might have more up to date usable current knowledge to win?

A personal story for fellow EDs. I worked in the US Navy F/A-18 Legacy Program. I did not work on Super Hornets. I had superior knowledge of F/A-18 C&Ds. I delayed my retirement until most Legacy Extended Hornets were finished. I did not acquire Super Hornet knowledge. Simply, one month I was valuable to the extent that I delayed retirement, then I lost value and retired because Super Hornets replaced Legacy F/A-18 C&Ds.

Think similarly to coaches with a vast knowledge and experience. They have shelf life also?

Todd4State
01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Hevesy is someone that is not very well-liked. His personality keeps him from getting hired

So in other words you can get hired if you are a bad coach if people like you- like Will Friend?

Remind me where the great Tulu Griffin and all his talent ended up after entering the portal?
The rankings were there but we didnt keep alot of those guys. RaRa, Dillon, and others left. There's a reason we had so many 4th,5th, and 6th year guys playing- many that werent even recruited by Leach.
The draft will also show our lack of talent. We have bunches of draft eligible guys this April

And then the transition from AR to being more physical. The QB and WR's hated the new offense and never bought in. That was obvious. Tulu got our RB's ACL demolished in the Egg because he didnt want to block. The lack of buy-in from those guys made the coaches look worse. The upside is that we have already gone thru that transition with most of the AR players now gone. Lebbo gets to roll in and it should create some excitement.
Tulu declared for the NFL. We'll see if someone takes him as a KR/PR. If you think that he can't get on with someone I'm 99% sure Ole Miss would love to have him right now. They've been trying to get him since he was in high school and while he was at MSU. You're acting like we consistently have blue blood caliber talent and we never do. We do have enough talent to win in the SEC and again we won 9 games with this group just one year ago with losses to Georgia, LSU, and Alabama. We certainly had enough talent to win more than 5 last year.

If the players don't buy in that is 100% on the coaches. Misleading and lying to players about what the offense would be is not going to help with "buy in". If they wanted to run something "physical" they should have told the truth and allowed players to transfer out even if they were popular and brought in players that fit their scheme. Instead the coaches chose to lie and run something that didn't fit the players- and then they say that the players aren't any good and that they lacked buy in? LOL. That's a good way to start a mutiny. A big reason that they hated the offense was because they were all misled while being led by idiots that couldn't get on the same page, had no identity, and had their own agenda.

And what has he done at those stops besides ride Mike Bobo's coattails?

John Hevesey might be a total asshole, but as an OL coach, he was head and shoulders above Will Friend. Hevesey might just be the best OL coach we ever had.

I do not care for John Hevesy. But I would take him over Will Friend without a second thought. At least Hevesy's OL wasn't constantly confused and running into each other on plays.

Coaches all have shelf life and some extend that shelf life by staying current to what is happening at the time. This means changing things up. Changing things up simply means discarding past content for replacement.

In coaching, it is not what you know that counts the most. It is what you currently implement that can win games. An eight-year coach with current knowledge base to win is more valuable than a 25-year coach with ten times the knowledge that is impregnated with useless criteria that dilutes his current needs.

A case in point is NFL Raiders Coach Antonio Pierce who was coaching Long Beach Poly High School Football five seasons ago. He appears to be better than Josh McDaniels the so-called wonder boy knows it all. Josh McDaniels probably has at least ten times the total football knowledge, yet Pierce might have more up to date usable current knowledge to win?

A personal story for fellow EDs. I worked in the US Navy F/A-18 Legacy Program. I did not work on Super Hornets. I had superior knowledge of F/A-18 C&Ds. I delayed my retirement until most Legacy Extended Hornets were finished. I did not acquire Super Hornet knowledge. Simply, one month I was valuable to the extent that I delayed retirement, then I lost value and retired because Super Hornets replaced Legacy F/A-18 C&Ds.

Think similarly to coaches with a vast knowledge and experience. They have shelf life also?

Well Will Friend is past his shelf life for sure.

Coach34
01-25-2024, 11:59 PM
lol- the repeated lie- "we won 9 games with these same guys the previous year with Leach"- No- no we didnt

Leach had Dillon, RaRa, Harvey, Ducking, 10 year WR Austin Williams, Wheat, Green, Forbes, Charlton...We didnt replace those guys. We had a real talent drop in 2023 from 2022

SPMT
01-26-2024, 07:31 AM
So in other words you can get hired if you are a bad coach if people like you- like Will Friend?

Tulu declared for the NFL. We'll see if someone takes him as a KR/PR. If you think that he can't get on with someone I'm 99% sure Ole Miss would love to have him right now. They've been trying to get him since he was in high school and while he was at MSU. You're acting like we consistently have blue blood caliber talent and we never do. We do have enough talent to win in the SEC and again we won 9 games with this group just one year ago with losses to Georgia, LSU, and Alabama. We certainly had enough talent to win more than 5 last year.

If the players don't buy in that is 100% on the coaches. Misleading and lying to players about what the offense would be is not going to help with "buy in". If they wanted to run something "physical" they should have told the truth and allowed players to transfer out even if they were popular and brought in players that fit their scheme. Instead the coaches chose to lie and run something that didn't fit the players- and then they say that the players aren't any good and that they lacked buy in? LOL. That's a good way to start a mutiny. A big reason that they hated the offense was because they were all misled while being led by idiots that couldn't get on the same page, had no identity, and had their own agenda.

And what has he done at those stops besides ride Mike Bobo's coattails?

I do not care for John Hevesy. But I would take him over Will Friend without a second thought. At least Hevesy's OL wasn't constantly confused and running into each other on plays.

Well Will Friend is past his shelf life for sure.

Our players are just I guess, that?s why they ran into each other every game. Nothing to do with prep led by a coach.