PDA

View Full Version : Hud getting his ass kicked

bobcat91
12-07-2013, 08:51 PM
By South Alabama 17-0. Damn I wish he was coming to State.

Op4isabitch
12-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Well I can say this much, all the Hud talk and what not seemed to light a fire under Dan's ass! He sure seemed more into the game after all talk about Hud started. So wether or not Hud would be good here at MSU he has already done us some good.

oldjoedawg
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Well I can say this much, all the Hud talk and what not seemed to light a fire under Dan's ass! He sure seemed more into the game after all talk about Hud started. So wether or not Hud would be good here at MSU he has already done us some good.

Do you honestly think that CDM was hearing and/or paying any attention to message board cowboys?.....the last thing on his mind was worrying about being replaced this year...Now, I agree that the 'fire' seemed to blaze again but no way due to message board comments...IMO

Op4isabitch
12-07-2013, 09:11 PM
No not really, however he did hear the talk......he said it himself on several interviews.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Mullen had the fire- we got better because our Secondary got healthy and our young guys grew up. The 2nd half of the season we were a much better team- and that is typical of young teams.

maroonmania
12-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Apparently Hud has lost HIS fire now that he knows his dream job is not opening up this year! :)

bobcat91
12-07-2013, 09:35 PM
S Alabama 30-0 at the half.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Hud is a dud, we want Bud.....Wilkinson?

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:39 PM

good stuff

hells bells
12-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Mullen had the fire- we got better because our Secondary got healthy and our young guys grew up. The 2nd half of the season we were a much better team- and that is typical of young teams.

The team got much better second half of the season. Just want more Shumpert.

Dawgowar
12-07-2013, 10:24 PM

I am glad we don't need his or anyone else's services. Besides, if I was supposed to be down on Dan for barely winning the ones he should and losing the ones against the big boys, how would we, using the same high standards, interpret this fiasco?

"Loser! Dud! Hire better assistants! You call yourself a Coach in Waiting Genius?!"

engie
12-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Team has certainly fallen apart of late. Seemed it really started after he won the huge games against Petrino and Arky St. He squeaked by some bad teams for a number of weeks there where they won but didn't perform well -- but now has totally fallen apart the last 2 -- with Broadway being total crap last week and now out altogether this week. Strange and concerning -- even if they had already secured the conference championship.

I'm glad things are working out how they have honestly. Hud's late slide has removed a bunch of the sexiness from his name -- and also a ton of the pressure from our end. It's starting to seem like a pretty damn solid chance that he's still at ULL next year. Meanwhile, Mullen came on strong at the end and showed me more than he had since 2010.

It's all seemingly working in our favor right now -- both in the short term and long term. Got to step up and finish recruiting with a bang right now...

DownwardDawg
12-07-2013, 10:50 PM
WTF is Hud??? ****

tcdog70
12-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Glad we won the last two but if Nickoe doesn't make two strips and recoveries , then things don't look so Rosie . he saved Dans ass. Our special teams never got better. Collins and his defense stepped up and really improved. I think our defense at the end was as good as any in the SEC. Our OL also played great down the stretch. I hope we go to the Bowl Game and play a complete game. We need momentum so we can all get wooly for next year.

engie
12-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm already woolly for next year. Dak has the mental and physical tools along with the "it factor" to take us up a level higher than we've been under Mullen. The pieces are in place to be a very good team next year -- I'm just worried about right tackle and depth at tackle overall.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Glad we won the last two but if Nickoe doesn't make two strips and recoveries , then things don't look so Rosie . .

If Mullen doesnt make the 1st down call vs UPig in OT things dont look so Rosie
If Mullen hadnt made the 3rd and 15 playcall in OT vs OM- we dont get to the 3 yd line for 4th and 2.
If the OL and Dakota dont steamroll OM on 4th and 2- we dont win the Egg Bowl.

It was a complete team effort that got us to 6-6...We got better the 2nd half of the season like a young, well-coached team should.

HailState39110
12-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Mullen to La-Lafayette rumors?

OurState
12-07-2013, 11:40 PM
If Mullen hadnt made the 3rd and 15 playcall in OT vs OM- we dont get to the 3 yd line for 4th and 2.

It was a complete team effort that got us to 6-6...We got better the 2nd half of the season like a young, well-coached team should.

If Arky doesn't go for a fake punt the season could look a hell of a lot worse

mic
12-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Joey Jones> Hud

DownwardDawg
12-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Mullen to La-Lafayette rumors?

No way dude. He's goin to Boise State.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 12:18 AM
If Arky doesn't go for a fake punt the season could look a hell of a lot worse

Too bad they were outcoached on that play and we were ready for it

bluelightstar
12-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Too bad they were outcoached on that play and we were ready for it

That wasn't his point. It was stupid regardless of whether it worked out for them.

engie
12-08-2013, 12:36 AM
That wasn't his point. It was stupid regardless of whether it worked out for them.

Nothing that works is stupid.

Risky? Certainly.

FlabLoser
12-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Some negativism amazes me.

Like Whitley bailed out Mullen with two strips. Like nobody had coached Whitley to do that the last 4 years.

TopDog58
12-08-2013, 12:57 AM

Kilmer. He lead West Canaan to 22 district titles.

NCDawg
12-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Glad we won the last two but if Nickoe doesn't make two strips and recoveries , then things don't look so Rosie . he saved Dans ass. Our special teams never got better. Collins and his defense stepped up and really improved. I think our defense at the end was as good as any in the SEC. Our OL also played great down the stretch. I hope we go to the Bowl Game and play a complete game. We need momentum so we can all get wooly for next year.

I'm also glad we won the last 2, but we were fortunate Nickoe made those plays. Also, what "if", Market hadn't tackled the Kentucky guy, and the Bowling Green guy would have made that catch to set up the FG at the end. Things would be totally different now, but I'm glad those bad things didn't come to pass.

smootness
12-08-2013, 01:40 AM
I'm also glad we won the last 2, but we were fortunate Nickoe made those plays. Also, what "if", Market hadn't tackled the Kentucky guy, and the Bowling Green guy would have made that catch to set up the FG at the end. Things would be totally different now, but I'm glad those bad things didn't come to pass.

Yeah, of course things would be totally different, just like things would be completely different nationwide had we not sat back and allowed Auburn to march down the field on us, or had our defense not broken open against LSU, or had we had Prescott against Bama, or had Russell been fully healthy for the full Oklahoma State game.

Football is a sport and just like all other sports, things happen during the game that determine the outcome. If you changed the events that led to the outcome, you might also change the outcome. But the events happened, and the outcome came to pass.

engie
12-08-2013, 01:45 AM

Playing the "what if" game and only going one direction with it seems ridiculous to me...

What if we didn't have dropped passes all year? What if Dak is healthy for Bama? What if we don't have the dropsies and grab one more first down at Auburn? What if we didn't turn the ball over at South Carolina? A season at MSU is always going to have a million "what ifs" that could have completely changed the season for better or for worse...

We could have easily lost 4 more games this year -- and we could have easily won 4 more too. Really -- with luck on our side(playing LSU late instead of early, etc) -- we could have won all of them.

C222
12-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Team has certainly fallen apart of late. Seemed it really started after he won the huge games against Petrino and Arky St. He squeaked by some bad teams for a number of weeks there where they won but didn't perform well -- but now has totally fallen apart the last 2 -- with Broadway being total crap last week and now out altogether this week. Strange and concerning -- even if they had already secured the conference championship.

I'm glad things are working out how they have honestly. Hud's late slide has removed a bunch of the sexiness from his name -- and also a ton of the pressure from our end. It's starting to seem like a pretty damn solid chance that he's still at ULL next year. Meanwhile, Mullen came on strong at the end and showed me more than he had since 2010.

It's all seemingly working in our favor right now -- both in the short term and long term. Got to step up and finish recruiting with a bang right now...

This is hilarious to read considering the countless # of posts you made bashing Dan and praising Hud.

Dawgfan77
12-08-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm already woolly for next year. Dak has the mental and physical tools along with the "it factor" to take us up a level higher than we've been under Mullen. The pieces are in place to be a very good team next year -- I'm just worried about right tackle and depth at tackle overall.

We have the JUCO coming in to compete for RT, we also have Carter and Thomas along with Robinson. I really think RT is going to be ok, Hev took a 6'2 Addison Lawerence and turned him into a pretty good RT. I think Senior behind Clausell is going to be a beast in a few years. The guy is athletic has GREAT feet and a nice bend, he is long and looks to be built a lot like Sherrod. Next year will be the deepest and most talented OL we have had in 15 years

was21
12-08-2013, 08:40 AM
No way dude. He's goin to Boise State.
I thought Hudspeth might be a candidate for Boise. I wish him well. He may end up at State one of these years.

starkvegasdawg
12-08-2013, 09:19 AM

But we did.

If au doesn't complete that last pass against us they aren't playing for the BCS. But they did.

tcdog70
12-08-2013, 11:11 AM

Coach, it was a complete team effort. Effort not in question. But there are three parts of a football team. Special teams being the third part. Our ST suxed from the start to the finish. If we don't see vast improvement in ST then next year might not be as good as we think. I'm not just talking shitty kicking, I'm talking no return game. We might be the worst kickoff return team in the SEC. We gave up two blocked punts for Tds. We have to get better in the special team department.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Nobody questions that ST needs to improve next year

bluelightstar
12-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Nothing that works is stupid.

Risky? Certainly.

Come on engie. There are calls that are stupid that just happen to work out. That doesn't make them less dumb in my opinion..

engie
12-08-2013, 11:49 AM
This is hilarious to read considering the countless # of posts you made bashing Dan and praising Hud.

Yeah -- feel free to show me all of these unsolicited posts that I made. Because the fact is -- I only brought up my opinion in relation to Hudspeth when I was called out.

I haven't changed my mind either. I STILL think Hudspeth is the better longterm answer for MSU. His "time" is just being delayed -- and I'm fine with that. Hudspeth has had an end-of-season collapse where his starting QB melted down mentally -- and then without that starting QB altogether. We all know Dan is above having any such occurrences though**

engie
12-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Come on engie. There are calls that are stupid that just happen to work out. That doesn't make them less dumb in my opinion..

When they continually "happen to work out" -- they are SMART calls. PERIOD. Risky calls are only dumb when they fail.

This is like labeling Cohen a game-management idiot because he tinkers with the lineup and pitching rotation so much early in the season -- putting players in uncomfortable situations -- that sometimes blow up in our face -- and leads to overly-emotional message board posts that generally call me out in one way or another.

Essentially, Arkansas' was in a throw-away season against us because they were eliminated from bowl eligibility. There was no harm in Bielema's tinkering at that point.

blacklistedbully
12-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Seriously?? Do you know how rare it is to win 8 or 9 games at ULL??

ULL has done it just 9 times in their 110 year history of playing football, and Hud owns 3 of those in 3 tries.

ULL has just 17 seasons out of 110 where they've won more than 6, and you guys want to shit on Hud for losing a game 30-8??

Unreal.

War Machine Dawg
12-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Playing the "what if" game and only going one direction with it seems ridiculous to me...

What if we didn't have dropped passes all year? What if Dak is healthy for Bama? What if we don't have the dropsies and grab one more first down at Auburn? What if we didn't turn the ball over at South Carolina? A season at MSU is always going to have a million "what ifs" that could have completely changed the season for better or for worse...

We could have easily lost 4 more games this year -- and we could have easily won 4 more too. Really -- with luck on our side(playing LSU late instead of early, etc) -- we could have won all of them.

Another "What If" - What If Dak hadn't needed toe surgery and had been able to practice and compete for the QB job in the spring? What If Dak had won the job outright in either spring or fall? Bottom line, we got the job done. And that's ALL that matters.

Bully13
12-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't buy into the "nikoe bailed mullen out" shit. like someone said earlier, mullen and the staff coached him to make plays. close games are typically won by players making plays. all these what ifs is pussified bullshit. certainly we would have preferred to have won these games in a more convincing fashion, but the bottom line is that mullen, the staff and the players got the job done. we beat the confederates and we're going bowling, let's be happy. sheesh.

engie
12-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Another "What If" - What If Dak hadn't needed toe surgery and had been able to practice and compete for the QB job in the spring? What If Dak had won the job outright in either spring or fall? Bottom line, we got the job done. And that's ALL that matters.

I agree.

I think 2014 is also pivotal for Mullen. In essence -- what happens next year will be our ceiling under him for better or worse.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
For the record- Mullen has won 8 games in the even numbered seasons- 2010 and 2012...I look for him to at least do that again

Todd4State
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
For the record- Mullen has won 8 games in the even numbered seasons- 2010 and 2012...I look for him to at least do that again

I do too. We should go 4-0 OOC- USM, UAB, Tenn-Martin, and at South Alabama. We should go 2-0 against the East- at Kentucky and Vanderbilt in Starkville. The at least 2 from the West. I bet we finally pull an upset as well- but we'll see. I think we can beat Arkansas at home and hopefully Ole Miss. I'm going to wait and see if Manziel comes back before I declare A&M winnable. Auburn, at LSU, and at Alabama are all games that are going to be really tough. At the very least, I expect us to give them good games. The Egg Bowl is in Oxford and that's going to be tough for us- but it's very key if we want to keep our momoentum rolling. Hopefully we have Dak for four quarters in that one.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 05:11 PM
no way in Hell Manziel returns to A&M- he wants to make his money and live the Life

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Seriously?? Do you know how rare it is to win 8 or 9 games at ULL??

ULL has done it just 9 times in their 110 year history of playing football, and Hud owns 3 of those in 3 tries.

ULL has just 17 seasons out of 110 where they've won more than 6, and you guys want to shit on Hud for losing a game 30-8??

Unreal.

Do you know how rare it is to go to 4 bowl games in a row at MSU??
MSU has never done that until now, and you want to shit on Dan for losing to highly ranked teams?
Unreal.

I'm not a full-time regular, but I do remember a couple anti-Dan posts from you. Just thought this post was ironic. Carry on.

Johnson85
12-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I thought Hudspeth might be a candidate for Boise. I wish him well. He may end up at State one of these years.

Is Boise really an upgrade for him? I think he'd stay at ULL, where he is already established recruiting wise and is pulling in I think $800k a year (I think Petersen is at something like $1.1M, but I'm not sure they'd pony up that much for a new coach). It'd be nice if he went to somewhere like Boise, as it would still be a place state could poach him from if Mullen didn't work out or moved on. Not sure there are that many schools that Hud would bolt for where MSU could still get him later on. I guess the AAC schools are a step up from SunBelt?

MadDawg
12-09-2013, 10:32 AM

We were always a pretty good team. It's just the way the schedule worked out. at South Carolina, at Texas A&M and Alabama at home. One of the toughest three game stretches in college football. We survived and won the last 2 we had to - like a good team would do.

Bring on Rice!

Jack Lambert
12-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Personally I am not going to bash Hud. He could still end up being our coach one day. I think he is a good coach and would do a really good job at State. I just think everyone jumped on the fire Mullen wagon way too soon. Mullen is a good coach and he is going to be great. He's having to learn how to close in recruiting. He has seemed to have humbled himself a little. He had a very young team and got them to a bowl game. Don't bash Hud because we will probably lose mullen one day to another school.

I think Florida might be that school. State is going to have a really good season next year and it will be five bowl games in a roll. I don't think Florida is going to be to point their fans and admistration is going to be happy and they will be in the market for a coach. Even if it isn't Florida other big schools will take notice of Mullen and what he has done at Miss state. He will have been to five bowls in five consecutive years and he was one LSU play away from making it six.

You guys have to learn to chill a little

DownwardDawg
12-09-2013, 11:08 AM
You guys have to learn to chill a little

You are 100% correct, and I'm looking at myself when reading that.

maroonmania
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Personally I am not going to bash Hud. He could still end up being our coach one day. I think he is a good coach and would do a really good job at State. I just think everyone jumped on the fire Mullen wagon way too soon. Mullen is a good coach and he is going to be great.

I truly hope this assessment is accurate but in all honesty I would have liked to have seen more improvement in Mullen from yr 1 as a head coach in the SEC to yr 5. I really don't think he has improved that much as a field HC though he has learned some hard knocks on the recruiting trail over his current tenure. Our special teams continue to be below average and our personnel decisions are still headscratchers at times. I don't remember either of those things being issues to the degree they are now back in 2010. Now some of the personnel issues will get solved by the fact that going forward we will only have dual threat QBs and we should have bigger backs than Perk ready to carry the load. But I'm just saying that, while I know football fortunes can change on a dime, its just really interesting that for all the griping and frustrations MANY on this board had for most of the year its basically all sunshine and rainbows now after 2 white knuckle OT wins where either could have just as easily turned into losses. Will be very enlightening on Mullen to see what happens next year.

Hypnodawg
12-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I truly hope this assessment is accurate but in all honesty I would have liked to have seen more improvement in Mullen from yr 1 as a head coach in the SEC to yr 5. I really don't think he has improved that much as a field HC though he has learned some hard knocks on the recruiting trail over his current tenure. Our special teams continue to be below average and our personnel decisions are still headscratchers at times. I don't remember either of those things being issues to the degree they are now back in 2010. Now some of the personnel issues will get solved by the fact that going forward we will only have dual threat QBs and we should have bigger backs than Perk ready to carry the load. But I'm just saying that, while I know football fortunes can change on a dime, its just really interesting that for all the griping and frustrations MANY on this board had for most of the year its basically all sunshine and rainbows now after 2 white knuckle OT wins where either could have just as easily turned into losses. Will be very enlightening on Mullen to see what happens next year.

^^^ My thoughts exactly. Defense stepped up and won us a couple of football games and all the sudden Mullen is a great coach? Special teams is a disaster. I have not watched another team that is even in the ballpark of being as bad as we are on special teams. And our offense is anemic at best. We failed to score more than 10 points (in regulation) in 3 games this year. Auburn's lowest score was 24, Bama's 20, LSU 17. We have the 82nd ranked offense. Mullen coaches offense and special teams. Nothing in these last two games changed my opinion of Mullen. He needs to hire and OC and a special teams coach in the worst way.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
And our offense is anemic at best. We failed to score more than 10 points (in regulation) in 3 games this year. Auburn's lowest score was 24, Bama's 20, LSU 17. We have the 82nd ranked offense. Mullen coaches offense and special teams. Nothing in these last two games changed my opinion of Mullen. He needs to hire and OC and a special teams coach in the worst way.

Bullshit on the offense.

We were 80th in the country last season in total offense- this year we are 48th.

Considering the fact we had a brand new group of WR's and QB turmoil the entire season- we still had the best offense in school history. Think about that- we had 3 QB's start games this season. We played our true Freshman 3rd stringer most of the game and still won the Egg Bowl- not to mention the fact that Dakota played about 1 quarter and racked up 150 yards of offense and 10 points (plus a missed chip-shot FG)

Ultimately Mullen is responsible for ST- but what makes you think we dont have individual coaches working a specific special team? After the punt block Mullen sure had alot of heated words for an assistant on the sideline. If Mullen is coaching that group- I have a hard time believing he is going to immediately chew out someone else.

We dont need a new OC- we need dual threat QB's. And now we have them.
ST's? I totally agree with hiring a ST coordinator who does that full-time instead of it being his secondary concern.

DawgInMemphis
12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
^^^ My thoughts exactly. Defense stepped up and won us a couple of football games and all the sudden Mullen is a great coach? Special teams is a disaster. I have not watched another team that is even in the ballpark of being as bad as we are on special teams. And our offense is anemic at best. We failed to score more than 10 points (in regulation) in 3 games this year. Auburn's lowest score was 24, Bama's 20, LSU 17. We have the 82nd ranked offense. Mullen coaches offense and special teams. Nothing in these last two games changed my opinion of Mullen. He needs to hire and OC and a special teams coach in the worst way.

To be fair, we played the QB shuffle all season. Once Dak took over the reigns, our offense looked MUCH improved (and got better as Dak got more snaps under his belt).

smootness
12-09-2013, 01:25 PM

I don't care which aspects of the team Mullen is responsible for. He's the HC, so he's responsible for the whole team and how they play. The last 3 games, and really the second half of the year looking back, we were a good team. The offense struggled at times, and the defense struggled at times, but we were a darn good team by the end of the year.

blacklistedbully
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Do you know how rare it is to go to 4 bowl games in a row at MSU??
MSU has never done that until now, and you want to shit on Dan for losing to highly ranked teams?
Unreal.

I'm not a full-time regular, but I do remember a couple anti-Dan posts from you. Just thought this post was ironic. Carry on.

You couldn't be more wrong.

A) I was responding to the silly assertion that Hud is not a good fit at MSU because his team lost a game 30-8.

B) I have been consistent in my frustration with Mullen stemming from his poor use of personnel, in particular forcing Perk between the tackles time-after-time, and going with D. Bell time-after-time long after he'd proven himself to be a major choker. I have been critical of Mullen because our special teams have been terrible, and he is the ST coach.

C) Getting into a bowl is MUCH easier now than it used to be, especially when an SEC team can get in beating a bevy of programs with far fewer resources than we have. It is great to have that extra practice time, etc, but let's not pretend that 6-6 is a vast improvement over 5-6, 4-5-2, 5-7, or even 4-8 depending on schedule.

Overtime wins over the 2 last place teams in the SEC West may make you and some other on here feel like Dan has turned the corner and somehow proven himself to be a better option than Hud, but I remain unconvinced. Yes. we had some success and had some hard-fought losses to ranked teams, but we can also place a lot of blame on Mullen for losing the Auburn game with his crap decision-making in the 4th Q. It is also true that much of our success is attributable to Prescott taking over and JRob getting more involved. I really wish I could say Mullen was brilliant in figuring this out to help us get turned around, but the reality is those decisions were forced upon him by injuries to Tyler & Perk. And you damn well know, even after it was made so clear that JRob was better between the tackles than Perk that Helen Keller could see it, Mullen still stayed primarily with Perk in that role, resulting in close losses or closer-than-they-needed-to-be wins over unranked opponents.

Let me be perfectly clear. My frustration with Mullen isn't that he went 6-6 versus a brutally tough schedule. It's because he lost games, in part, due to those aforementioned decisions. He did not consistently put our best players in position to succeed. At least, that's my opinion, and I know it's shared by others. Had he not forced so much "TR with Perk, Perk between the tackles", and "Devon Bell FG attempts" on us WAY beyond the point that everyone with half-a-brain could see wasn't out best option, then I wouldn't have gotten off his bandwagon to begin with, much less still be off it. But decisions like those, only overcome because injuries forced him to overcome them, do not make me feel confident that he will not do the same damned thing in future years.

Fortunately for us, Prescott is the man next year, no debate. And DP is a big-time baller. Yes, I do give Mullen credit for getting DP and helping to develop him. But a Head Coach needs to bring so much more to the table than that. I still feel that Dan makes several crucial mistakes with decision-making in nearly every game, and it only takes one or two to change a W into a loss.

Hypnodawg
12-09-2013, 01:49 PM
We were 80th in the country last season in total offense- this year we are 48th.

Sorry, I was going with points scored, the thing that actually wins games. But whatever, 48th! Sweet. With that kind of offensive output, we'll be competing for championships in no time!

Who's fault was it that we had a brand new group of WR's? Who's play calling didn't adjust to make sure we didn't need our 3rd string quarterback? Who's play calling put the ball in the hands of our 5th string running back at the goal line. Who's play calling has us pounding it up the middle with our smallest back?

Everything I've read says that Mullen coaches ST himself.

maroonmania
12-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I was going with points scored, the thing that actually wins games. But whatever, 48th! Sweet. With that kind of offensive output, we'll be competing for championships in no time!

Who's fault was it that we had a brand new group of WR's? Who's play calling didn't adjust to make sure we didn't need our 3rd string quarterback? Who's play calling put the ball in the hands of our 5th string running back at the goal line. Who's play calling has us pounding it up the middle with our smallest back?

Everything I've read says that Mullen coaches ST himself.

I think the discrepancy between being 48th in total offense and 80th in scoring offense IS for the most part poor special teams play. When you can't kick FGs you drop points on the floor, when you can't do very well returning punts and kickoffs it means you have a longer field to navigate for a TD. It all plays together.

Barking 13
12-09-2013, 03:17 PM
After the punt block Mullen sure had alot of heated words for an assistant on the sideline.

I've seen this on several occasions.. just who is that little guy?

ETA: I'm happy we're going bowling, and the team looked a lot better toward the end of the year, but some of the decisions made, mentioned above, still have me scratching my head...