PDA

View Full Version : It is amazing how poor a shooting team our girls are from 4 feet or less.

CaptainObvious
01-22-2024, 07:19 PM
Nm

ZedFedder
01-22-2024, 08:09 PM
Purcell is a great recruiter, but I?m wondering how great of an on court coach he is.

He is high energy, but you can be too high energy. I wonder if that is part of why our girls play up and down so much.

Coach34
01-22-2024, 08:14 PM
It's girls basketball. Does it matter? 28 people watch their games

basedog
01-22-2024, 09:06 PM
We shot the ball really well tonight, 50%. I was impressed with the intensity and energy level tonight. Florida has decent talent and winning on the road is always good. Gotta give credit to Purcell also, he did a good job getting the team ready and having them play hard.
Btw, Jessica Carter seems to be getting better every game, she was pretty dominating inside.

CaptainObvious
01-22-2024, 09:29 PM
We shot the ball really well tonight, 50%. I was impressed with the intensity and energy level tonight. Florida has decent talent and winning on the road is always good. Gotta give credit to Purcell also, he did a good job getting the team ready and having them play hard.
Btw, Jessica Carter seems to be getting better every game, she was pretty dominating inside.

They did indeed improve the shooting after a lot of in close misses in the first half. But more importantly it looks like Purcell got their attention about there being 4 quarters, not 2.

basedog
01-22-2024, 10:07 PM
They did indeed improve the shooting after a lot of in close misses in the first half. But more importantly it looks like Purcell got their attention about there being 4 quarters, not 2.

Yes, the 4th quarter was impressive. Glad to see this and hopefully moving forward we keep it up. We have talent and have a chance to make some noise. When Carter and Jordan get it going like tonight we can be dangerous.

99jc
01-23-2024, 07:44 AM

During Vics run the women outdrew the men 2-1 almost every game so it does matter!

Hot Rock
01-23-2024, 08:29 AM
During Vics run the women outdrew the men 2-1 almost every game so it does matter!

Some people think because they don't care about something then no one cares. They have narcissistic tendencies and tend to only think they are important. If people didn't care, they would not be discussing it.

confucius say
01-23-2024, 08:38 AM

Don't project your misogynistic tendencies on the rest of us.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-23-2024, 08:39 AM
Last years Womens Championship drew over 10 Million viewers. Mens drew 16Million

Coach34
01-23-2024, 09:49 AM
Don't project your misogynistic tendencies on the rest of us.

There's a reason women's sports dont get the support or ratings the men get and it's not misogyny. It's the fact that women dont support it. They are too busy watching Housewives of Beverly Hills, The Kardashians, or Rupaul's Drag show to pay attention to basketball and other women's sports.

Coach34
01-23-2024, 09:50 AM
Last years Womens Championship drew over 10 Million viewers. Mens drew 16Million

Now do a regular Monday night game vs a men's SEC Tuesday or Wednesday game

CaptainObvious
01-23-2024, 09:53 AM
The women's game is a lot more purer form of basketball because they do indeed have to be shooters and not dunkers, They pass it around more, they set on GO more, and because of emotion, it seems to be played at a higher pitch.

Those girls on both sides last night were fun to watch go up and down the court. They miss more close in shots because they don't have the length or the strength to power up so many times they are rushing the shot in it goes over the basket. Our 5'3" point guard made 2 scoop shots from her waste. The ball has to travel from 3 feet from the ground up to the banking board and into the basket. Men get that close and they usually are 6 inches to the goal or a dunk.

I enjoyed it.

basedog
01-23-2024, 10:17 AM
The women's game is a lot more purer form of basketball because they do indeed have to be shooters and not dunkers, They pass it around more, they set on GO more, and because of emotion, it seems to be played at a higher pitch.

Those girls on both sides last night were fun to watch go up and down the court. They miss more close in shots because they don't have the length or the strength to power up so many times they are rushing the shot in it goes over the basket. Our 5'3" point guard made 2 scoop shots from her waste. The ball has to travel from 3 feet from the ground up to the banking board and into the basket. Men get that close and they usually are 6 inches to the goal or a dunk.

I enjoyed it.

You pretty much nailed it; I coached both boys and girls in high school as well as the college level for a few years. Fundamentals are the same in teaching, but the emotion level is totally different. I will say the last year I coached, I got really distraught with dealing with the HC and her "woke" ways, let's just say strange things happened for the better of my career as I got offered a job outside of Coaching I couldn't refuse. It was hard walking away from a dream/goal I had for wanting to be a HC in college basketball.
I walked away from coaching after 8 years, I almost got back in it a few times only to walk away when money was offered. LOL, sorry for my ramblings! Women are different*

confucius say
01-23-2024, 11:52 AM
There's a reason women's sports dont get the support or ratings the men get and it's not misogyny. It's the fact that women dont support it. They are too busy watching Housewives of Beverly Hills, The Kardashians, or Rupaul's Drag show to pay attention to basketball and other women's sports.

That has nothing to do with your (false) statement that 28 people watch it or your implication that it doesn't matter.
I agree it doesn't get as many viewers as men's basketball, but way more than 28 people watch it. Baseball doesn't get as high of ratings as basketball, but baseball matters too.
We just finished a decade stretch where more people attended girls games than guys games. I personally am not a huge fan, but I watch it and thousands other do as well.

TALL DAWG
01-23-2024, 01:51 PM
You all go easy on Coach 34.
He just does this at times for clicks 😂

Commercecomet24
01-23-2024, 03:01 PM

100%! Purcell is young and learning and doing a very good job.

Lord McBuckethead
01-23-2024, 03:10 PM

Women are the issue with women sports. Bill Burr sums it up best. Youtube his clip on feminism and the WNBA. It is exactly correct.

basedog
01-23-2024, 03:11 PM
100%! Purcell is young and learning and doing a very good job.

Gonna be real interesting to see what happens in the portal next year, I'm betting Purcell will do well. You can see he is a players Coach.

Commercecomet24
01-23-2024, 03:33 PM
Gonna be real interesting to see what happens in the portal next year, I'm betting Purcell will do well. You can see he is a players Coach.

I agree.

Coach34
01-23-2024, 03:55 PM
Women are the issue with women sports. Bill Burr sums it up best. Youtube his clip on feminism and the WNBA. It is exactly correct.

I've heard it. He is dead on.

Pancho
01-23-2024, 06:48 PM
why do women not support women's sports? is it the sexual preference angle?

Reunion Dog
01-25-2024, 02:27 AM
Guessing u haven?t watched the men play this yea. Can?t dunk or make a damn layup.

schddog72
01-25-2024, 04:43 PM

I enjoyed it.

I finally figured this post out; I think you meant "waist" instead of "waste", which makes sense. BTW, I enjoyed it too, and enjoy watching women's BB, although it is incredibly maddening how many layups and around the basket shots they miss. It seems to me that they fundamentally don't know how to use the backboard.

RocketDawg
01-25-2024, 08:38 PM
Just tuned in to Mulkey vs Staley - don't care for either coach but the girls actually shoot pretty well. Fairly early on, LSU has a decent lead.

TaleofTwoDogs
01-26-2024, 09:04 AM
I've watched a couple of games this season and the athleticism and intensity just didn't seem to be there as compared to Vic's teams. A lot of air balls, misses and poor technique. But to be fair, the other teams looked just as bad. USCe is just at another level.

CaptainObvious
01-26-2024, 12:23 PM
I've watched a couple of games this season and the athleticism and intensity just didn't seem to be there as compared to Vic's teams. A lot of air balls, misses and poor technique. But to be fair, the other teams looked just as bad. USCe is just at another level.

I think that is because there are far fewer extremely talented women basketball players than men.

The top women's college programs are a very small group. Meanwhile we have seen Gonzaga, Villanova, Houston, San Diego State, Et. Al. Find 2 stars and be very successful.