PDA

View Full Version : /mississippi-joins-lawsuit-against-ncaa-

TheLostDawg
01-22-2024, 08:27 AM
https://www.wjtv.com/sports/the-sports-zone/mississippi-joins-lawsuit-against-ncaa-transfer-rules/

I guess when all your elected officials had gone to ole miss, minus Governor, this is to be expected when they rely on transfers

HaggardDawg
01-22-2024, 08:48 AM
Tax payer money being used to sue a voluntary organization that oversees amateur athletics. We are so screwed as a culture and a country.

Extendedcab
01-22-2024, 10:00 AM
Tax payer money being used to sue a voluntary organization that oversees amateur athletics. We are so screwed as a culture and a country.

It’s not amateur anymore!

DownwardDawg
01-22-2024, 11:18 AM
So let me get this straight, the state of Mississippi is advocating FOR one of the two things that is destroying college football? Brilliant

Cooterpoot
01-22-2024, 11:31 AM
It's going to happen regardless of Mississippi. Stupid to even get involved really. But MS will waste tax money. Lets see who makes money on this deal.

Maroonthirteen
01-22-2024, 01:19 PM
This is setting up athletes to not graduate. At some point the athlete has to stay some where to put together 64 upper division credits to qualify for a degree.

Also it's funny there are still kids hitting the portal and still in the portal when the spring semester has started at most schools.

viverlibre
01-22-2024, 02:03 PM
But MS will waste tax money. Lets see who makes money on this deal.

Attorney friends of state leaders finna eat!

parabrave
01-22-2024, 03:45 PM
OM about to get another NIL Windfall

TheLostDawg
01-22-2024, 08:01 PM
Yes MS politics. All about the hands you shake. Like one of the ole miss posters mentioned years ago when we were running things in sports, you elect people to office from state, they will be loyal to them. Same thing is happening here, ole miss keeps doing well in transfer portal, well now our leaders are all in keeping it going, at our tax dollars when we could have just set back and not spend a dime

HaggardDawg
01-22-2024, 11:37 PM
I still dont understand suing the ncaa. It?s a voluntary organization run by members who ?agree? to follow its rules set forth. It?s like suing Country Club of Jackson for kicking you off the golf course for driving your cart up to the green when it?s cart path only.