PDA

View Full Version : If I had to pick one player in the NFL

basedog
01-21-2024, 09:49 PM
Mahomes would be it. Dude is a big time winner and leader.

And Andy Reid would be my Coach.

dawgday166
01-21-2024, 09:57 PM
Can't argue that one. Chris Jones anchoring the D ain't too bad either.
I'm interested to see CJ Stroud progress into the future.

msstate7
01-21-2024, 10:00 PM
Shanahan would be my coach, but Mahomes is definietky my one pick.

basedog
01-21-2024, 10:04 PM

Chris Jones would be my second overall pick.

parabrave
01-22-2024, 12:23 AM
Christian McCaffrey

BrunswickDawg
01-22-2024, 09:40 AM
Shanahan would be my coach, but Mahomes is definietky my one pick.

Why would you want a coach who hasn't won anything and has an offense that consistently gets shut down in big games?

msstate7
01-22-2024, 09:43 AM
Why would you want a coach who hasn't won anything and has an offense that consistently gets shut down in big games?

Well in this dream scenario, I'd have Mahomes at qb, so that wouldn't be an issue. Purdy (and the others in SF) have been/are nice game managers, but not Mahomes

parabrave
01-22-2024, 03:47 PM
Well in this dream scenario, I'd have Mahomes at qb, so that wouldn't be an issue. Purdy (and the others in SF) have been/are nice game managers, but not Mahomes

See where Mahomes would be without his go to guy Kelce?

Lord McBuckethead
01-22-2024, 04:52 PM

CJ Stroud has really impressed me. The guy can play. I didn't see him being as good as he is. I thought him and Fields were similar, CJ is already better.
Mahomes has to be on pace to become the GOAT. I know every will be Brady this and that, but Mahomes wins games he has no business winning. He literally doesn't have a single WR. It is him and Kelce. That's it. Still can't stop them consistently.

Lord McBuckethead
01-22-2024, 04:53 PM
See where Mahomes would be without his go to guy Kelce?
Sitting at home like Dak, who also doesn't have Kelce.

Brady had Edelman, Gronk, Moss, and others too.

Lord McBuckethead
01-22-2024, 04:54 PM
Christian McCaffrey

Christian McCaffrey has never stepped on a field (high school, college, NFL) and not automatically been the best dude on it. He is that good.

msstate7
01-22-2024, 04:58 PM
Sitting at home like Dak, who also doesn't have Kelce.

Brady had Edelman, Gronk, Moss, and others too.

Man, I know this is a state board, but lamb has been 10x the player Kelce has been this year. And state board or not, dak ain't Mahomes

basedog
01-22-2024, 05:59 PM
Man, I know this is a state board, but lamb has been 10x the player Kelce has been this year. And state board or not, dak ain't Mahomes

Yes. There are several Kelce’s in the NFL,

msstate7
01-22-2024, 06:07 PM
Yes. There are several Kelce’s in the NFL,

Serious question - have yall watched Kelce this season? He is not the same guy he's been. He's still good, but he's clearly losing some. I won't be shocked if he retires. That td Sunday was his first since November

dawgday166
01-22-2024, 06:35 PM
Serious question - have yall watched Kelce this season? He is not the same guy he's been. He's still good, but he's clearly losing some. I won't be shocked if he retires. That td Sunday was his first since November

Taylor laying it on him damn good. He whipped. Just call him Canny. If they were both married to others, he'd be texting her in the huddle.
And when that ain't happening, he got photo shoots (commercials) to do.
He busy man.

parabrave
01-22-2024, 06:58 PM

Lamb and Kelce are 2 different players. One a TE and one a WR. However when you need one to get open and score a winning TD I'm going Kelce all day long. And Dak is a different type of QB than Mahomes. Wait till Mahome tears up his leg and see how much backyard crap he can do. Oh I forgot Andy Reid i twice the coach Mccarthy is.

parabrave
01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Christian McCaffrey has never stepped on a field (high school, college, NFL) and not automatically been the best dude on it. He is that good.

Speaking of McCaffrey that kid from Michigan who no one ever heard about will be the steal of the draft/

msstate7
01-22-2024, 07:20 PM
Lamb and Kelce are 2 different players. One a TE and one a WR. However when you need one to get open and score a winning TD I'm going Kelce all day long. And Dak is a different type of QB than Mahomes. Wait till Mahome tears up his leg and see how much backyard crap he can do. Oh I forgot Andy Reid i twice the coach Mccarthy is.

TDs this season...
Lamb 12
Kelce 5

Reid playoff record without Mahomes: 15-13 with 0 Super Bowl wins

Reid playoff record with Mahomes: 9-3
With 2 Super Bowl wins

I'm sort of at a loss that some of you equate dak to Mahomes. There's literally no one that isn't a state fan that chooses dak over Mahomes.

ETA... and dak is good, so I'm not trying to downgrade him

Coach34
01-22-2024, 07:59 PM
Dak is a very good NFL QB. Thats beyond dispute. So is Purdy. So is Jackson who will likely be the NFL MVP this year.

Mahomes and Josh Allen are a step above those guys. Mahomes is this generation's Brady/Montana. Allen is this generation's Steve Young and what we hoped Fitz could end up being.

parabrave
01-22-2024, 08:04 PM
TDs this season...
Lamb 12
Kelce 5

Reid playoff record without Mahomes: 15-13 with 0 Super Bowl wins

Reid playoff record with Mahomes: 9-3
With 2 Super Bowl wins

I'm sort of at a loss that some of you equate dak to Mahomes. There's literally no one that isn't a state fan that chooses dak over Mahomes.

ETA... and dak is good, so I'm not trying to downgrade him

I didn't equate Dak to Mahome. 2 different types of QB.

basedog
01-22-2024, 08:13 PM
Have to say Mahoney's is the best and I think Allen is second, Jackson would be my third choice. As far as Dak, he is in top 10, not sure how high I would rate him but probably 6th or 7th.

msstate7
01-22-2024, 08:15 PM
I didn't equate Dak to Mahome. 2 different types of QB.

Misunderstood then. My bad

Coach34
01-22-2024, 08:15 PM
Have to say Mahoney's is the best and I think Allen is second, Jackson would be my third choice. As far as Dak, he is in top 10, not sure how high I would rate him but probably 6th or 7th.

Dak's becoming Dan Marino...all stats- no hardware

msstate7
01-22-2024, 08:22 PM

Allen is approaching this also. He really needs to get Buffalo to a Super Bowl next year

basedog
01-22-2024, 09:01 PM

Hope he gets the recognition Marino got.

Todd4State
01-22-2024, 09:05 PM

If the 49ers trade for Dak they could go to another level.

ArrowDawg
01-22-2024, 09:05 PM

Of course he's not Mahomes, but he doesn't have to be. Has KC's defense ever looked as horrible as Dallas' has in big games? Dallas is a Jekyll and Hyde team game to game every year. They don't have a championship culture, so they'll play great one game and then get caught reading their overrated headlines the next game. Never fails. You don't need a Mahomes to win championships. You just need a team that never stops giving a shit.

msstate7
01-22-2024, 09:06 PM
If the 49ers trade for Dak they could go to another level.

Dak would be great with shanahan.

MoreCowbell
01-22-2024, 09:27 PM

He has Purdy as his QB. Imagine what he could do with Mahomes

Todd4State
01-22-2024, 09:53 PM
Dak would be great with shanahan.

Absolutely! Dak is the perfect modern West Coast Offense QB. He's very accurate and doesn't turn the ball over a lot and right now he is in his prime as a QB.

I'm afraid Dallas would want a Herschel Walker trade 2.0 for him though. Except with the 49ers they are a heck of a lot closer to a title than the Vikings were at the time.

BrunswickDawg
01-22-2024, 09:59 PM
He has Purdy as his QB. Imagine what he could do with Mahomes

And he had Matt Ryan in his prime in an MVP type season, couldn't get it done; had Garapolo during an MVP type season; and couldn't get it done. Purdy just had a Pro Bowl season and led the league in QBR - and Shanahan won't get it done. He turtles up in big games and his offense gets shut down - kinda like a certain HC we had for about 9 years.

msstate7
01-22-2024, 10:07 PM
And he had Matt Ryan in his prime in an MVP type season, couldn't get it done; had Garapolo during an MVP type season; and couldn't get it done. Purdy just had a Pro Bowl season and led the league in QBR - and Shanahan won't get it done. He turtles up in big games and his offense gets shut down - kinda like a certain HC we had for about 9 years.

Did you watch the playoffs last year? SF had to run the wildcat last year in the nfc championship.

Pretty tough to blame shanahan for Atlanta's Super Bowl loss when they scored 28 in the first half. Sure they shoulda scored in the 2nd half, but 25-pt half lead should hold up. And I don't blame OC's for losing super bowls.

The fact jimmy g was an mvp type player is a credit to shanahan bc jimmy g isn't that great.

Turfdawg67
01-22-2024, 10:19 PM
Did you watch the playoffs last year? SF had to run the wildcat last year in the nfc championship.

Pretty tough to blame shanahan for Atlanta's Super Bowl loss when they scored 28 in the first half. Sure they shoulda scored in the 2nd half, but 25-pt half lead should hold up. And I don't blame OC's for losing super bowls.

The fact jimmy g was an mvp type player is a credit to shanahan bc jimmy g isn't that great.

They run the ball in the 2nd half, the Falcons win going away. I don't know WTF Shanahan was thinking... only thing I could even fathom was he was trying to get Jones some yards and TD. Living in GA at the time was brutal.

Turfdawg67
01-22-2024, 10:22 PM
Hope he gets the recognition Marino got.

Marino set the league on its ear and helped usher in a whole new way to play offense in the NFL. He and Fouts

SpaceBully
01-23-2024, 01:47 AM
Have to go with Lamar Jackson......dude is most electrifying player in the NFL.

bulldawg28
01-23-2024, 10:08 AM
Either Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen. Both of those guys make plays all by themselves.

BrunswickDawg
01-23-2024, 11:38 AM

Yep - I watched. Last year I consider a little different then others because technically they were playing their 4th string QB in the NFCC.
But, the NFCC against the Rams the year before fits the same pattern - get a lead, gets conservative, loses his lead, loses game.
And, when you have full control of the offense as an OC - like he did in Atlanta - and you need to have a counterpunch when the momentum shifts and that lead is threatened. Shanahan had nothing.

Again, the guy has won nothing and hasn't shown an ability to get a team all the way there. So if you are picking 1 coach and 1 QB that give you the best shot to compete you go with Andy Reid, or Belichek, or Sean McVey, or Doug Pederson (who won a SB with Carson Wentz and Nick Foles as his QB's and beat the Brady/Belichek Pats). Those guys won the big games.

Lord McBuckethead
01-23-2024, 03:12 PM

Kelce gets way more attention by the defense these days since all the other WRs have moved on from KC.
Cee also gets that attention.
Dak is not Mahomes, but we will never know because Jerry refuses to give him a serviceable second option.