PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it guys, but I'm afraid this season we blew our last chance...

maroonmania
12-07-2013, 08:30 PM
to beat Auburn for a while. I'm a big time Gus believer at this point. Dude can sure enough engineer some offense.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Stuff changes. everyone thought OM was going to have an unstoppable offense as well.

Injuries happen, DCs make adjustments, luck turns against teams, and Auburn will have to go on the road to Bama, us, UGA, and OM next year.

Auburn is a good team, but we'll still have a chance.

bulldawg28
12-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Your absolutely right 12 months is a long time.

TopDog58
12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Nick Marshall will be a senior and he's not going to all of a sudden learn how to become a better passer. He hasn't done it in 13 games so far. I like our chances next year at home with our front 7 and a healthier, improved secondary.

jbjones
12-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Nick Marshall will be a senior and he's not going to all of a sudden learn how to become a better passer....

He doesn't have to. I'd venture so far as to say not a single DC is worried about his passing ability. They're a predominantly read offense. Very, very few passes.

bulldawg28
12-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Auburn won't be that lucky next year.

smootness
12-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Gus was also the OC at Auburn for some pretty mediocre teams. He runs a great offense, but they're not going to become an Alabama-style juggernaut.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:10 PM
We played Auburn this year with a QB making his 1st SEC start on the road, a green Secondary that was injured, and still should have pulled it off. We stuffed their run game.

We will be at home next year- makes a huge difference

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Auburn won't be that lucky next year.

All of their luck occurred at home- they play us, Bama, and Georgia on the road next year- plus the BearSharks, who should be pretty good on D also

MetEdDawg
12-07-2013, 09:15 PM
We played Auburn this year with a QB making his 1st SEC start on the road, a green Secondary that was injured, and still should have pulled it off. We stuffed their run game.

We will be at home next year- makes a huge difference

Tre Mason's game against us was his worst YPC game this year and his lowest rushing yards in a game. I love playing Auburn earlier in the year because they get that offense going something completely different by the middle of the year.

I still think our game against them next year might end up being one of the best SEC games of the season. We both return a ton of players from our 2 deep. We will have our QB in place, the RB that truly needs to be in our offense, a WR core that will lose zero minutes played, a solid OL, and a defense that should fight for top 3 in the conference. That will be a very fun game.

bulldawg28
12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
All of their luck occurred at home- they play us, Bama, and Georgia on the road next year- plus the BearSharks, who should be pretty good on D also

Agreed. Our personnel match up extremely well and actually cause match up problems for Auburn.